Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:00 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If the Dems keep going too far left they aren't ever going to get back in power. They need to go more center. More Americans sit in that area than do they sway that far left.

If they put up Warren in 2020 the orange tinted one will trounce her, especially if he manages to create a few jobs.....
True. There are extremist Dems just as there are extremist Repubs. Right now the extremist Republicans are in power and that will alienate everyone who is in the middle. Anyone who wants to win from now on will have to represent the rest of us, Dem and Repub. Those in the middle.

She won't run for president--she is too far left. But she does go out on a limb to protect consumers and does other good things.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Funny, the morons who think Eliz should be allowed to pollute the Senate are the same morons who thought Ted Cruz should be silenced.

How does that work, exactly?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
I think Warren is a left wing loon, but that being said she shouldn't be silenced and per protocols, what ever they may be she should be able to speak her mind, not sure about the particulars. I guess what I'm saying is just because someone has a view you don't like you can't deprive them of their opinions and voicing them.
Warren lost any and all credibility when she pretended to be Native American for personal financial gain (minority female hire at Harvard Law). She's the Rachel Dolezal of Native Americans.

For reference: Rachel Dolezal is the White woman who "claims" to be Black, despite not having any Black ancestry. When her fraud was outed, she was booted out of her jobs as NAACP chapter president and college professor, and now earns a living as a hairdresser.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:04 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate | Fox News

McConnell used an arcane Senate rule to muzzle Elizabeth Warren. What is this, Russia? Republicans should be ashamed.
If conservatives can't speak at college campuses, what's the problem with putting a muzzle on a known liar like Pocahontas?

Old 02-08-2017, 12:09 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why are you laughing. This is our right.....free speech. Do you really want that taken away from us. And this has nothing to do with politics. This is our right as Americans.

US Constitution

Article I, Section 5

"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member."

Old 02-08-2017, 12:18 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate | Fox News

McConnell used an arcane Senate rule to muzzle Elizabeth Warren. What is this, Russia? Republicans should be ashamed.
Ashamed of what? He used a Senate rule perfectly within his right. The Democrats and Harry Reid should be ashamed. Reid and his cronies are the one's who changed the rule for the Nuclear option to serve their own selfish corrupt needs. Now that option is ours as well as all three branches of government to fix the mess they made out of this Country and to right the ship after decades of democratic rule.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:19 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
I think Warren is a left wing loon, but that being said she shouldn't be silenced and per protocols, what ever they may be she should be able to speak her mind, not sure about the particulars. I guess what I'm saying is just because someone has a view you don't like you can't deprive them of their opinions and voicing them.
LOL that's funny. Democrats should practice what they preach.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:32 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
They should've revoked Pocahontas's speaking privileges on the Senate floor long ago. Get this lying, flame-throwing, cultural appropriator back to Massachusetts!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:34 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
US Constitution

Article I, Section 5

"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member."
Leftists are largely ignorant of the Constitution. Thanks for enlightening them.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:36 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Warren lost any and all credibility when she pretended to be Native American for personal financial gain (minority female hire at Harvard Law). She's the Rachel Dolezal of Native Americans.

For reference: Rachel Dolezal is the White woman who "claims" to be Black, despite not having any Black ancestry. When her fraud was outed, she was booted out of her jobs as NAACP chapter president and college professor, and now earns a living as a hairdresser.
Do any of you guys and gals critical of Warren have proof that she has no Native American blood? You can't tell just from looking at someone. I once dated a girl who was 1/16th Choctaw, and you could barely tell, she looked like a regular white girl.

I bet you don't know that Rashida Jones is half black, Paul Rudd's girlfriend in I Love You Man (Quincy Jones is her dad)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies