Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 03:56 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Liberals in the south (many of them) do own guns.

I betcha I could arm wrestle Trump and win. Even when he was my age.

And, I'm a 5'4" woman.

LOL.
I can concur with some of this. I speak from personal experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
"We didn't know," said the Burgermeister," about the camp on the edge of town.

"It was Hitler and his crew that tore the German nation down."

We saw the cattle cars, it's true; and maybe they carried a Jew or two.

They woke us up as they rattled through.

"It was a terrible shame, but we can't bear the blame".

"Oh, No, not us! We didn't know."

We know history. It won't repeat itself here.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
You know, up until 1860, anyone who reached these shores became an American. While this country, sadly but inarguably, was built in part on the marginalization and massacre of one group and the enslavement of another, part of the fabric of our great, beautiful, diverse nation is its history as a solace and sanctuary for immigrants. It's likely your folks a few generations back immigrated here.

They came, Russian Jews, the Irish, the Italians, the Chinese, and more and through their work and invention molded the USA. It's an amazing story.

Someone can be American, come from another place, be fully a citizen AND respect their own culture and traditions. It's part of our strength. Do you expect everyone coming here to get under a cookie cutter?
There was no welfare then

Quote:
I'm pretty far left on most issues, but I'm a big 2nd Amendment supporter. I know many well-armed leftists.
leadership doesn't

Quote:
I honestly cannot understand why a person would want to live among and interact only with people who look, act and believe just as they themselves do. To me that is a profoundly bizarre approach to life. To me, we become more fully human when we meet and come to understand people different from us.
Agreed.
The problem is when big government uses force and coercion in order to make us interact with each other. Free will as long as no one violates rights is one of our cornerstones.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Funny how the right makes drug cartels billionaires by making marijuana illegal yet doesn't care how many innocent Americans get caught in the crossfire of their war on a harmless plant.
Is that why Obama, the democrat, didn't rein in the DEA? Because he cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And I'll keep my guns, thank you very much.
It's not up to anyone to decide for you. That's the point.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No just people who want to take my freedoms away.
What freedoms are you in danger of losing?

Old 02-11-2017, 10:23 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
[quote=bentlebee;47157534]The left is still whining and kicking against laws being implemented that are on the books.
The left doesn't care about ID theft of American citizens but rather defend illegal aliens who commit ID theft and defend looting, theft and threats against lawful citizens

The intolerant left doesn't allow the legal process to take its course but tries to put up hurdle after hurdle for lawful people.

This is the result from the Messiah and the bad policies and neglect of laws

The majority backs President Trump and is in shock how intolerance has taken over for the left

President Trump shows us how necessary it was to win the elections and what he saved us from!

Thanks Mr President and we Stand with YOU![/QUOTE]

You better stand with him because if you say anything negative about him he will berate you on twitter and then you may get death threats from his supporters.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:54 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The left is still whining and kicking against laws being implemented that are on the books.
The left doesn't care about ID theft of American citizens but rather defend illegal aliens who commit ID theft and defend looting, theft and threats against lawful citizens

The intolerant left doesn't allow the legal process to take its course but tries to put up hurdle after hurdle for lawful people.

This is the result from the Messiah and the bad policies and neglect of laws

The majority backs President Trump and is in shock how intolerance has taken over for the left

President Trump shows us how necessary it was to win the elections and what he saved us from!

Thanks Mr President and we Stand with YOU!
O really? Seems the mass protests and violence increased with Trump....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies