Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:12 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
actually you will find vocab does have a lot to do with intelligence and income. You don't need a link because any search at all will hit you up with dozens of link on the topic.

and remember an anecdote does not prove a point, you need to look at the research and it strongly suggests we can use vocab as a strong indicator ...outliers etc...
The man has an economics degree from the Wharton School of Business. He's not as stupid as people make him out to be.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:15 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Not sure what sort of medications this guy is on, but he behaves like an amphetamine addict. Could be perfectly legal, but we've all been around people on that stuff he shows all the classic signs, the anger and impatience, repeating phrases over and over, it's like a form of mania.
I am thinking the same thing, he sounds like he is on anti depressants or mildly sedated, perhaps he is just worn out. I really don't think he has the physical or mental stamina for the job. Nor do I believe he really wants to do it.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:15 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
This repetitive tactic works best for the dumb and simple minded, who are by nature very easy to brainwash.....
Remind me again, who is it running around saying he's going to end gay marriage and take women's rights back to the 1950's again when he has never said any such thing, nor does he have the power to change Supreme Court rulings?

Old 02-13-2017, 03:20 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The man has an economics degree from the Wharton School of Business. He's not as stupid as people make him out to be.
does he really. Is it an econ degree or BA or business degree, I wonder...

Old 02-13-2017, 03:20 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Basic method for political speeches. If you keep repeating key points often enough, your message will eventually burn itself into people's brains, meaning that they are unkindly to forgot. There is also a theory that if you repeat something often enough, and remain committed to it, then people will eventually come to believe it, even if it's completely irrational.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself." - Joseph Goebbels.

Note: My intention is not to compare Trump to a Nazi. All successful politicians use this method.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:43 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He might have had his ducks in a row at one time, but now he acts like a man sinking into dementia.

Who in their right mind stands in front of the CIA and lies about the size of his inauguration crowd? There's a good chance everyone in that room had seen the size of the crowd.

Who in their right mind enacts that Muslim travel ban without getting all the various departments, the legal department, Defense Department, Homeland Security, TSA, ... on board?

Who tweets about a "so called" judge or badmouths a District Court or ...?

Who deals with a issue of national security in the middle of a restaurant with staff people holding cell phones over maps for light?

Who in their right mind sends out staff to claim that if the president does it, it is legal and the courts aren't allowed to weigh in?

None of this is the mark of a man with his wits about him.

It's likely while Ivanka and her husband try to stick so close.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Hey. I have had two head injuries (concussions) and I often repeat myself.

I think Trump is simply nervous talking to large crowds. In the business world, I bet he did not have to get up on a podium and talk to large groups of people. He likely dealt one on one with corporations or small business meetings. Also, some made fun of him when he sniffed during speeches but I believe it was a nervous mannerism, because he felt nervous speaking around large groups of people.

I ask everyone who has made fun of his speaking, to please stand up in front of 10,000 people and try to speak normally. (think how your breathing changes, how you try to gather yourself, knowing hundreds of people are looking at you.) Over time, I think Trump will get more used to crowds but previous to the presidency and debates, I don't think he talked to large groups of people. Give him a chance.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:01 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490
Why does Trump repeat himself so many times while talking at press confrences
Because he has NOTHING GOOD TO SAY so he keeps saying the same BS over and over!!!

Old 02-13-2017, 04:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He might have had his ducks in a row at one time, but now he acts like a man sinking into dementia.

Who in their right mind stands in front of the CIA and lies about the size of his inauguration crowd? There's a good chance everyone in that room had seen the size of the crowd.

Who in their right mind enacts that Muslim travel ban without getting all the various departments, the legal department, Defense Department, Homeland Security, TSA, ... on board?

Who tweets about a "so called" judge or badmouths a District Court or ...?

Who deals with a issue of national security in the middle of a restaurant with staff people holding cell phones over maps for light?

Who in their right mind sends out staff to claim that if the president does it, it is legal and the courts aren't allowed to weigh in?

None of this is the mark of a man with his wits about him.

It's likely while Ivanka and her husband try to stick so close.
Not be picky, but you forgot "who opens a National Prayer Breakfast with a room full of lawmakers, foreign dignitaries and religious leaders to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger so that ratings of his show -- NBC's "The Apprentice" -- would go up?'

Or tweets about the press being mean to Ivanka at a National Security briefing?

He is a highly inappropriate person, never mind president.

You are right--he's not an idiot--the guy is off his rocker.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
does he really. Is it an econ degree or BA or business degree, I wonder...
He has an undergraduate degree in economics. (He has refused to release his grades. Despite his claims of being "top in his class" there is no evidence he graduated with honors.)

He does NOT have an MBA from the rigorous, prestigious graduate program at Wharton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies