Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:51 AM

13,272 posts, read 7,321,255 times

Advertisements

Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:57 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.
His son Barron has been accused by some of having Autism.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Trump had a mild form of it and passed it on to his son.

Note that I don't think that means Trump or his son are stupid.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 AM

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
It's probably some sales tactic he employs. Repeat something enough times and it becomes embedded in people's memories.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:26 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's probably some sales tactic he employs. Repeat something enough times and it becomes embedded in people's memories.
Exactly correct - the use of repetition in a speech or even a conversation serves to embed and even clarify the idea the speaker is promoting, particularly if the speaker is a strong personality. Repetition brings acceptance.
This becomes increasingly important when the medium is 140 characters.

Donald Trump is not a great speaker by any means - BUT, he has mastered the Art of Persuasion in the Age of Facebook & Twitter. He used the standard Persuasion tactics in his Rallies, which were well received, and added the Repetition to 'cement' the message. He continues that today in 140 characters and short statements. Donald Trump has turned his awkwardness as a Speaker into a PLUS as a persuader and gains in retention because he comes across as very authentic. Doesn't matter what his opponents think about that - he persuaded more Voters and convinced them than the Career Politicians.

The Classic Speech most used to show both these tactics (how to persuade & how to gain retention) is Dr. Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" speech in 1963. It's well remembered today - Dr King was a Master.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:30 AM

10,773 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Trump is the best speaker in American history.
I've never seen anyone get the message across better than President Trump.
Obama was so boring and sleep-inducing.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:

A lot of people do that when they emphasize a point they want to make.
I know many moms, that have sounded like an echo.

As you get older, you hear it more and more.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump is the best speaker in American history.
I've never seen anyone get the message across better than President Trump.
Obama was so boring and sleep-inducing.
Until he started his endless stuttering. Then, people sat up and died laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A lot of people do that when they emphasize a point they want to make.
I know many moms, that have sounded like an echo.

As you get older, you hear it more and more.
True. Not to mention as one ages, one comes across more and more people who are too stupid to get it the first time.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:35 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You're 110% correct.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Repeating a point for emphasis only works if the thing you're repeating is worth emphasizing.

Example of Trump speak:

"We're going to build a wall It'll be the best wall. The best wall. A really great wall. Greater than that wall in China."

Okay... now, did he say anything worth repeating? Hell no.

Do his supporters think this is fine oration?

Probably, but this makes me assume that their vocabularies are quite limited, just like his.

It's embarrassing to have a President of the US who cannot articulate a point without sounding like a doofus who barely passed 8th grade.

He just says stuff and doesn't explain why he's doing it or what value it'll bring. He is so random. He spends more time detailing the importance of his polling numbers, inaugural attendance, or Ivanka's clothing line being rejected by major retailers than he does talking about anything of import to the body politic.

I doubt he knows what the "body politic" is.

I shake my head at him so often. Sad.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Until he started his endless stuttering. Then, people sat up and died laughing.

True. Not to mention as one ages, one comes across more and more people who are too stupid to get it the first time.
Laughing at a person stuttering (and no, Obama doesn't stutter, but whatever) demonstrates meanness of the audience.

It's not funny when people stutter. It's not funny when people who are handicapped have trouble controlling their limbs.

I should not be surprised that a Trump fan would think so, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies