Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:00 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not be picky, but you forgot "who opens a National Prayer Breakfast with a room full of lawmakers, foreign dignitaries and religious leaders to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger so that ratings of his show -- NBC's "The Apprentice" -- would go up?'

Or tweets about the press being mean to Ivanka at a National Security briefing?

He is a highly inappropriate person, never mind president.

You are right--he's not an idiot--the guy is off his rocker.
It sure looks like it to me.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:00 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Not be picky, but you forgot "who opens a National Prayer Breakfast with a room full of lawmakers, foreign dignitaries and religious leaders to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger so that ratings of his show -- NBC's "The Apprentice" -- would go up?'

Or tweets about the press being mean to Ivanka at a National Security briefing?

He is a highly inappropriate person, never mind president.

You are right--he's not an idiot--the guy is off his rocker.
Now that I'll give you. The man is his own worst enemy.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
He has an undergraduate degree in economics. (He has refused to release his grades. Despite his claims of being "top in his class" there is no evidence he graduated with honors.)

He does NOT have an MBA from the rigorous, prestigious graduate program at Wharton.
Oh, he refused to release his grades? I wonder if he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees making sure his grades and transcripts were never released like Obama did. I don't know why he bothered since it was unlikely some school official would release them without his permission like someone did regarding George W. Bush's records.

And he may not have an MBA, but he does have his corporation and buildings all over the place. I guess he didn't need an MBA, just as Bill Gates didn't need his bachelors degree to become one of the richest men in the world.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:07 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Trump shoots from the hip. Obama was a walking TelePrompter

Obama wasn't a greater speaker. He stuttered when he had nothing to read and actually had to speak in the moment

Old 02-13-2017, 05:11 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Watching Trump speak in front of people he seems like he has early dementia can't remember what he just said repeats it again. The guy is 70 years old I have seen it happen in late 60's it's mild at first but they might be perfect physical shape start to show some signs of it if you didn't know them well would not be able to tell.
Why does Obama say, "er" and "uh" so many times when he talks without the teleprompter?

Did THAT bother you?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:16 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump is the best speaker in American history.
I've never seen anyone get the message across better than President Trump.
Obama was so boring and sleep-inducing.
Seems like you are just the kind of listener who he wants, with a credibility threshold right near the bottom of the scale.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:34 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why does Obama say, "er" and "uh" so many times when he talks without the teleprompter?

Did THAT bother you?
I am not the person you are addressing with the above post, but speech disfluencies bother me a great deal, which is why I usually read rather than watch political addresses. And, yes, President Obama's use of "uh" made me nuts. That said, it's important to know that extemporaneous speaking is very difficult for most people, and it takes a lot of practice to weed out the filler words. Think you don't do it? Have someone record you some time without your knowledge. You'll hear a lot of ums, throat clearing, sniffing, sighs, etc., that you probably don't realize you're using to give you space to think. My own mother, who is wicked smart, ends her sentences with "sooooo" and then drifts off, leaving the listener to wonder where she was going with her thoughts. It's an awful habit that she's passed it on to my daughter, and every time I hear it, I want to scream. What I'm trying to say here is that these are normal artifacts of public speaking. They may drive you crazy, but they're very typical and not a good indicator of overall intelligence.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:11 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I am thinking the same thing, he sounds like he is on anti depressants or mildly sedated, perhaps he is just worn out. I really don't think he has the physical or mental stamina for the job. Nor do I believe he really wants to do it.
You may be right. He can't handle all these people (you, I, the press, 1/2 the celebrities, etc...) criticizing him where he can't retaliate. He has to be boss where everyone just jumps and agrees with him. Has any other pres. had the courts reverse a decision? There may be court reversals but it's rare. He can't handle that, after all, he's gawd. He was being oh so nice to the Canadian P.M. because he needs someone on his side.

As much as I have never liked him, I was hoping that he would be good and behave himself and do something about this immigration problem - it's out of control.

MN will soon become immigration haven. We went from being the 7th highest tax burdened state to the fourth in a flash.

I typically do grocery shopping and Target shopping after 9PM - usually no crowds and it just works for me.

I walked into Target about 9:30 P.M. and it was like "You've now entered the twighlight zone~~~". To say I was in the minority is putting it mildly. It was packed and most appeared to be Africans (Muslims- Somalis) and east Indians. I immediately started getting the stares and looks. At first I thought it was my imagination but each time I looked up there was someone else giving a very aggressive stare - nothing friendly or curious - but more like "What are you doing here?" At the check out their carts are piled high and I swear a black woman checkout gave the customer such a nasty look I thought she was going to climb over and attack her. No doubt one more welfare recipient and the checker was pizzed because she actually worked to help support this other woman.

So, I thought the whole scene was a one time thing. Nope - I was back there a couple weeks later and the same thing. How much were each of these people given to stock up their homes and pantries as a welcome to MN or their monthly check??????? No wonder they didn't want me there - busted. I'm sure most have never seen so much money as they are given each month. Something tells me they were coached on going later at night so others wouldn't see the large numbers. This is just one store.

Our Gov isn't running another term - busted! This is out of control.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
You may be right. He can't handle all these people (you, I, the press, 1/2 the celebrities, etc...) criticizing him where he can't retaliate. He has to be boss where everyone just jumps and agrees with him. Has any other pres. had the courts reverse a decision? There may be court reversals but it's rare. He can't handle that, after all, he's gawd. He was being oh so nice to the Canadian P.M. because he needs someone on his side.

As much as I have never liked him, I was hoping that he would be good and behave himself and do something about this immigration problem - it's out of control.

MN will soon become immigration haven. We went from being the 7th highest tax burdened state to the fourth in a flash.

I typically do grocery shopping and Target shopping after 9PM - usually no crowds and it just works for me.

I walked into Target about 9:30 P.M. and it was like "You've now entered the twighlight zone~~~". To say I was in the minority is putting it mildly. It was packed and most appeared to be Africans (Muslims- Somalis) and east Indians. I immediately started getting the stares and looks. At first I thought it was my imagination but each time I looked up there was someone else giving a very aggressive stare - nothing friendly or curious - but more like "What are you doing here?" At the check out their carts are piled high and I swear a black woman checkout gave the customer such a nasty look I thought she was going to climb over and attack her. No doubt one more welfare recipient and the checker was pizzed because she actually worked to help support this other woman.

So, I thought the whole scene was a one time thing. Nope - I was back there a couple weeks later and the same thing. How much were each of these people given to stock up their homes and pantries as a welcome to MN or their monthly check??????? No wonder they didn't want me there - busted. I'm sure most have never seen so much money as they are given each month. Something tells me they were coached on going later at night so others wouldn't see the large numbers. This is just one store.

Our Gov isn't running another term - busted! This is out of control.
The Minneapolis/St. Paul region has a large population of Hmong people, which is reflected in the number of people you noted as East Indian in your post. Hmong is the third most spoken language in the state. They came to Minneapolis in large numbers after being recruited by the CIA to fight communist forces in Laos during the Vietnam War, so they've been here for a long time.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:27 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You're 110% correct.
Yes. Look up "The Big Lie"/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies