Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still believe the polls?
Yes, if it's for Trump. 0 0%
Yes, if it's against Trump. 1 3.85%
No at all. They need to earn back the trust. 20 76.92%
Don't know. 2 7.69%
What polls? 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 03:37 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

This election has proven that Trump is right about the polls being fake.

I got really tired of people posting poll numbers, which were proven having zero credibility.

After the 98.4% of Hillary winning the election poll numbers, do you still believe the polls?

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 02-17-2017 at 03:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 03:46 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
What a balanced poll you just put together there.

I vote "yes in all cases". You should always be skeptical of polling data, and should always take into account its margins and probabilities, and its methodology - but you shouldn't just throw out polling science altogether (as they say, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater).

You should also realize that Mr. Trump still uses polling data - he just disregards "negative polls", silly!

Maybe you should pay attention to his words. Or wait...are we still disregarding his words and only accepting what he feels inside?

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

I got really tired of people posting poll numbers, which were proven having zero credibility.

After the 98.4% of Hillary winning the election poll numbers, do you still believe the polls?
After what came out re: polls, the media, and the relationships between the media and politicans during this past campaign, I look at every number and every supposed piece of information with all due caution.

Didn't vote in your poll

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

I vote "yes in all cases". You should always be skeptical of polling data, and should always take into account its margins and probabilities, and its methodology - but you shouldn't just throw out polling science altogether (as they say, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater).

You should also realize that Mr. Trump still uses polling data - he just disregards "negative polls", silly! Maybe you should pay attention to his words. Or wait...are we still disregarding his words and only accepting what he feels inside?
Good point. I can't modify it somehow.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:59 PM

6,239 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Most polls were put together by organization that supported Hillary. NYT, Washington Post, USToday and so on. I have a feeling most polls were conducted in the East which is mostly Hillary country.
I for one have never seen such partisanship by the media, well since Obama ran in 2008.
I heard the MSM as in CBS, NBC ABC CNN and MSNBC ran about 80% negative stories on Trump and about 8% negative on Hillary.
I think that negative reporting got the Republican voter riled up and turned off the key Democratic vote.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

You should also realize that Mr. Trump still uses polling data - he just disregards "negative polls", silly!

Maybe you should pay attention to his words. Or wait...are we still disregarding his words and only accepting what he feels inside?
^^^^^ What Hockeymac said.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:04 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
"Still"??
I never have believed them. As far as I am concerned, the Shaman tossing sheep knuckle bones can make just as valid predictions. Witch doctors examining rooster guts may even do better.
Asking loaded questions of 1500 people does not, IMO, give you an idea of what 3,000,000 people think about an issue.
Yes, I have received polling calls. Yes, I have agreed to participate. Yes, I told them that given the way their questions were worded, I could not answer them truthfully. They WERE loaded questions, in an attempt to slant the results as they wanted them.
Each time, I finally had to refuse to participate further, and hung up.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:45 PM

59,109 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

I didn't vote because my choice was not there.

I have NEVER trusted ANY poll.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:55 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Most polls were put together by organization that supported Hillary. NYT, Washington Post, USToday and so on. I have a feeling most polls were conducted in the East which is mostly Hillary country.
I for one have never seen such partisanship by the media, well since Obama ran in 2008.
I heard the MSM as in CBS, NBC ABC CNN and MSNBC ran about 80% negative stories on Trump and about 8% negative on Hillary.
I think that negative reporting got the Republican voter riled up and turned off the key Democratic vote.
Even right-leaning pollsters like Fox, Rasmussen, and Breitbart had Hillary winning, so spare me the liberal bias argument.

The idea that only 8% of Hillary's press was negative is absolutely ridiculous. With Comey and Wikileaks making her life miserable? Be serious.

Strangely enough, the national polls were right, Hillary did win in fact win the popular vote. It's at the state level where the polling errors occurred, particularly in the Rust Belt.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:15 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer
The way he said it HE KNOWS IT WAS STOLEN (THATS HOW HE GOT IN) -- He put it right in thier faces by saying that and they still dont see it!! (Thats how mind controlled they are!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies