Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm okay with that. More Americans need to eat healthier anyway. We lead the 1st world in obesity.
Easy carbs and sugar are the worst thing to ever happen to human beings.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:58 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Slow troll day on cd?
Guys get a grip.OP was having fun .

Old 02-17-2017, 09:00 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, people didn't agree with Michelle dictating what should be in their children's school lunches.

You dems never stop with the fake news, and childishness.
/thread

Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Next she's going to dictate Old Gringos get off the couch and take a walk.

Id' have a snappy comeback, but the wife's bugging me to hurry up and get ready to go to the gym.

Our 4th time this week.

Golden Age Fitness | Physical Fitness in the Golden Age at UTEP

See ya later.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Drain the swamp, huh?

Remember a few years back when Michelle planted a vegetable garden at the WH and RWNJs went ballistic?

"By GAWD! She's not gonna tell ME what I can and can't eat!"

Bend over, boys.

Cause here it comes again:

Michelle Obama's Garden Will Stay Under Melania Trump | Time.com

um, it says nothing about the fact that Melania is going to be dictating to people what to eat?

It simply says, that Melania will be keeping the garden....period, so what?

I have a garden as well, but do not dictate to others what they should eat.

What is wrong with you? Seriously....
do you just assume, everyone out there who is a dem is waiting for them to make a mistake, and if they don't people assume they are, why? Because they want to believe Trump and his wife are bad people...so you look for things, and as evidenced here, you actually believe you have found something?????? Good God man, use the common sense and brains you were given.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Easy carbs and sugar are the worst thing to ever happen to human beings.
maybe so, but its not up to anyone to dictate to others what they should be eating....as Michelle did.
Granted I think what she pushed for in the schools was good, but...it didn't give any teacher or any adult the right to take something out of a kids lunch box like was done several times, b/c they didn't think it was a healthy lunch.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
maybe so, but its not up to anyone to dictate to others what they should be eating....as Michelle did.
Granted I think what she pushed for in the schools was good, but...it didn't give any teacher or any adult the right to take something out of a kids lunch box like was done several times, b/c they didn't think it was a healthy lunch.
Agreed. Also changing to low fat milk and whole grains and providing food kids wont eat for one meal at school is not going to change their eating habits or encourage them to cut sugars and carbs from their normal diet.

Nutrition education programs (for students and parents) and activities and more physical fitness activities IMO would do more for targeting better nutrition and fighting obesity then trying to force foods people are not accustom to eating down their throats.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
I'm with you. Education, not control.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Trumplings: please relax...

Quote:
um, it says nothing about the fact that Melania is going to be dictating to people what to eat?

It simply says, that Melania will be keeping the garden....period, so what?

I have a garden as well, but do not dictate to others what they should eat.

What is wrong with you? Seriously....
do you just assume, everyone out there who is a dem is waiting for them to make a mistake, and if they don't people assume they are, why? Because they want to believe Trump and his wife are bad people...so you look for things, and as evidenced here, you actually believe you have found something?????? Good God man, use the common sense and brains you were given.

It was humor.

Shocking that you somehow missed it.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:29 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I always get a chuckle whenever a Trumpling tells me or anyone else to "calm down."

Nome sane?

What exactly makes me a "Trumpling?"

I love it when people who have no idea who I voted for or didn't vote for try to tell me what my political affiliation is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies