Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:16 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,126 times

Advertisements

While you get journalists tweeting things like this, it's no wonder.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 12:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Not really. They don't wonder about that at all.

They know why you hate them. And really...they don't care since you guys pretty much hate anyone that scrutinizes Trump.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

They know why you hate them. And really...they don't care since you guys pretty much hate anyone that scrutinizes Trump.
My thoughts exactly

Old 02-19-2017, 12:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I don't think the media wonders why Trump supporters hate them. Everyone generally knows that Trump supporters basically worship Trump like no other and anything he dislikes, they dislike. It's not complicated at all which is why there is no need or motivation for the media to bother trying to appeal to them. They are a lost cause.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:24 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,977,109 times
Quote:

I just love it when someone I have never met tells me I 'hate'. I don't hate the press. I don't have one iota of respect for them right now though - at least for the MSM. They ARE doing what Trump says they are doing - twisting, omitting, slanting, distorting, you name it .. if there is a way to NOT report the news, nothing but the news and only the news, they are doing it right now. But, I don't hate them. In fact, I am now finding them (besides very pathetic) rather hilarious.

And I don't 'hate' anyone who 'scrutinizes' Trump. I feel sorry for most of those who do because they don't seem to have many good arguments - just accusations - and the 'breathlessness' with they do it is astounding. Trump should be scrutinized - but a smart rational person waits till they have facts in hand and sees what is really going on before they jump to conclusions. Therefore because most of what you call 'scrutinizing' seems to be coming from those who don't do it fairly and rationally, I again have little to no respect .. at least for their actions in this effort to discredit Mr. Trump .. YOUR president as well as mine.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I just love it when someone I have never met tells me I 'hate'. I don't hate the press. I don't have one iota of respect for them right now though - at least for the MSM. They ARE doing what Trump says they are doing - twisting, omitting, slanting, distorting, you name it .. if there is a way to NOT report the news, nothing but the news and only the news, they are doing it right now. But, I don't hate them. In fact, I am now finding them (besides very pathetic) rather hilarious.

And I don't 'hate' anyone who 'scrutinizes' Trump. I feel sorry for most of those who do because they don't seem to have many good arguments - just accusations - and the 'breathlessness' with they do it is astounding. Trump should be scrutinized - but a smart rational person waits till they have facts in hand and see what is really going on before they jump to conclusions. Therefore because most of what you call 'scrutinizing' seems to be coming from those who don't do it fairly and rationally, I again have little to no respect .. at least for their actions in this effort to discredit Mr. Trump .. YOUR president as well as mine.
What's with the not so subtle reminder that Trump is my president? Did i question his legitimacy?

And there you have it folks. That's just how sensitive these Trump voters are, hence making the whole point of my post.

Thanks. I knew some Trump supporter would come through for me and make my point. You were right on time.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:31 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Msm was disliked before trump came along

Old 02-19-2017, 12:32 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
While you get journalists tweeting things like this, it's no wonder.
I heard him speak--a naive, uneducated, brainwashed guy thrilled to shake the hand of Trump. Poor smuck.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
What's with the not so subtle reminder that Trump is my president? Did i question his legitimacy?

And there you have it folks. That's just how sensitive these Trump voters are, hence making the whole point of my post.

Thanks. I knew some Trump supporter would come through for me and make my point. You were right on time.
I want to know the psychology of people that get personally offended if you make fun of Trump or don't acknowledge him as your president

Old 02-19-2017, 12:35 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post

Trump should be scrutinized - but a smart rational person waits till they have facts in hand and sees what is really going on before they jump to conclusions. Therefore because most of what you call 'scrutinizing' seems to be coming from those who don't do it fairly and rationally, I again have little to no respect .. at least for their actions in this effort to discredit Mr. Trump .. YOUR president as well as mine.
So a news agency should not report ANYTHING until all firm facts are in? I think the MSM has a right to print news as it's coming out. We may not have all the facts at initial print, but the news agencies should continue to update the story as it develops. A good news agency will continue to fact check, print, change, and retract if necessary. I don't agree with news agencies that run with opinion as news and then when they get it totally wrong, won't own up to it. I see that on many internet sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies