Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
While you get journalists tweeting things like this, it's no wonder.
Its his personal Twitter page. Journalists ARE allowed to have opinions and ARE allowed to voice them in their private lives.

Its immature to think journalists are this special race of people who don't hold opinions. ALL of them do. Many of them work hard to still be objective in their PROFESSIONAL lives.

Its no different than a doctor who chafes at the idea of unmarried women having multiple children yet still giving them good medical treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I just love it when someone I have never met tells me I 'hate'. I don't hate the press. I don't have one iota of respect for them right now though - at least for the MSM. They ARE doing what Trump says they are doing - twisting, omitting, slanting, distorting, you name it .. if there is a way to NOT report the news, nothing but the news and only the news, they are doing it right now. But, I don't hate them. In fact, I am now finding them (besides very pathetic) rather hilarious.

And I don't 'hate' anyone who 'scrutinizes' Trump. I feel sorry for most of those who do because they don't seem to have many good arguments - just accusations - and the 'breathlessness' with they do it is astounding. Trump should be scrutinized - but a smart rational person waits till they have facts in hand and sees what is really going on before they jump to conclusions. Therefore because most of what you call 'scrutinizing' seems to be coming from those who don't do it fairly and rationally, I again have little to no respect .. at least for their actions in this effort to discredit Mr. Trump .. YOUR president as well as mine.
Examples?

Old 02-20-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Singal's bio penned by him...

Jesse Singal

Translation: I'm as useless as ti^s on a bull.
Huh?

What is wrong with domestic policy and studying inequality?

Old 02-20-2017, 04:52 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
We schmucks won. We backed the guy who will actually represent the working man. The democratic party left them without representation and now their party has fallien into a hatefest.

The liberal far left is doing a great job finishing the democratic party off with violence, name calling, shutting down free speech, over the top rants of hate.. yes, and the media is so frustrated they spout off the craziest propaganda and it is getting laughable. The MSM doesn't know how to respond, how to get any power because they blew it with fake polls, fake news and over the top bias hate for President Trump. We schmucks listen, we watch and the MSM is destroying their own legitimacy.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:30 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I liken Trump's intelligence to Sarah Palin's. I don't think Trump is particularly intelligent. He was born with a silver spoon, given millions and millions of dollars while still failing many times over. But he is combative to the point of ridiculousness and has learned the art of being a showman. Sarah Palin apparently won some debate in tiny Alaska, not by in depth knowledge, which her opponent had, but by saying the kind of phrases that were persuasive to her audience. It worked for her in Alaska and for certain segments (the same ones that love Trump actually) of the country. The media didn't care about Sarah Palin's support and they don't care about Trump's either. Those people are a lost cause and there's really no point. They are watching Sean Hannity's eternal devotion anyway. A Trump supporter is not likely to watch network news, CNN or MSNBC because Trump tells them not to and they are nothing if not obedient to all things Trump.

What the Liberal establishment doesn't get is that sometimes, people who may be very intelligent in one way, may be completely daft in another.

I don't know how many times I've seen people whom I consider to be above average intelligence completely miss the point in a discussion.

And the point the Left and the MSM is missing here is that Trump supporters don't give a rubenesque rodent's posterior about the picayune minutia that they keep focusing on.

Trump supporters are about the big picture.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What the Liberal establishment doesn't get is that sometimes, people who may be very intelligent in one way, may be completely daft in another.

I don't know how many times I've seen people whom I consider to be above average intelligence completely miss the point in a discussion.

And the point the Left and the MSM is missing here is that Trump supporters don't give a rubenesque rodent's posterior about the picayune minutia that they keep focusing on.

Trump supporters are about the big picture.
Sorry, but you supporters can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We schmucks won. We backed the guy who will actually represent the working man...
The fact that trump lemmings fall for this kind of nonsense is indicative of their status as schmucks, dupes, easily-led gullible types.

Why would anyone believe 95% of DC level politicians from EITHER party gives a rat's turd about the average American?

These people are bought, sold and owned by private interests.

Trump, in addition to being an elitist billionaire TV celeb is a well-known and admitted fraud and liar with a very lengthy history of fleecing rubes out of money, comitting scams and cons, stiffing people to whom he owes money, refusing to honor contracts and declaring bankruptcy a half dozen times (in order to stiff more people and not honor contracts.) He's a legendary cheat and fraud.

The bulk of what he's done since taking office is breaking his promise to disclose his taxes and business dealings, whine like a crybaby on twitter, golf, have pointless rallies to feed his egomania, demonize brown people to rile up his cowardly base who fear everyone who isn't a white christian neocon male, lie about and fabricate terrorist attacks, and stock his cabinet with similarly inexperienced elitist billionaire corporate cronies.

And the lemmings are ignorant enough to think this man cares about them. He cares about ratings and lining his pockets at the expense of others. That's it.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:02 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
The fact that trump lemmings fall for this kind of nonsense is indicative of their status as schmucks, dupes, easily-led gullible types.

Why would anyone believe 95% of DC level politicians from EITHER party gives a rat's turd about the average American?

These people are bought, sold and owned by private interests.

Trump, in addition to being an elitist billionaire TV celeb is a well-known and admitted fraud and liar with a very lengthy history of fleecing rubes out of money, comitting scams and cons, stiffing people to whom he owes money, refusing to honor contracts and declaring bankruptcy a half dozen times (in order to stiff more people and not honor contracts.) He's a legendary cheat and fraud.

The bulk of what he's done since taking office is breaking his promise to disclose his taxes and business dealings, whine like a crybaby on twitter, golf, have pointless rallies to feed his egomania, demonize brown people to rile up his cowardly base who fear everyone who isn't a white christian neocon male, lie about and fabricate terrorist attacks, and stock his cabinet with similarly inexperienced elitist billionaire corporate cronies.

And the lemmings are ignorant enough to think this man cares about them. He cares about ratings and lining his pockets at the expense of others. That's it.
Score.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:07 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good. i'm not out to surprise you. I'm just reminding you of what you already know.

You guys scream bloody murder at any scrutiny of Trump like a bunch of crybabies.
You mean like when the slightest critizisms of Obama were immediately met with unfounded accusations of racism?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:17 AM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
MSM was disliked before trump came along
That's true. The public's distrust of the MSM existed LONG before Trump came along. Trump is just pointing out what most people already knew for years... The MSM is Fake News. From 2014:

Quote:
Americans' Confidence in News Media Remains Low | Gallup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies