Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:16 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gender is not a social construct.

You are born with the equipment you have and that's what you are. Not some fruit loop theory. It's in your DNA and that can't be changed.

Period.
That's physical sex, which is form and function. For the crass among us: twigs and berries, etc. That is physical sex. Gender is in the brain, and is not static for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 02:17 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
The trump lemmings are without question the most cowardly bunch of people ever to have disgraced the world's stage.

They are afraid of everyone--liberals, LGBT people, intellectuals, secularists, strong women, brown people, the media, scientists...it's oddly.paranoid.
Oh, is that right?

I am a Trump supporter. I am also a minority and gay. So no, you are wrong. Trump "lemmings" like me are not afraid of everyone.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Oh, is that right?

I am a Trump supporter. I am also a minority and gay. So no, you are wrong. Trump "lemmings" like me are not afraid of everyone.

So how, exactly, does what some kid approximately 3,504 miles away from you, whom you are never likely to meet harm you by wearing a skirt to school? If his parents think it's ok, why not let them decide what's best for their child, and keep your nose out of other people's business?

Old 02-22-2017, 02:41 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Oh, is that right?

Yeah, right. And I'm 29, a billionaire and holds 10 PhDs. Thanks very much.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gender is not a social construct.

You are born with the equipment you have and that's what you are. Not some fruit loop theory. It's in your DNA and that can't be changed.

Period.
The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness (gender identity).

In some circumstances, an individual's assigned sex and gender do not align, and the person may be transgender, non-binary, or gender-nonconforming. In some cases, an individual may have biological sex characteristics that complicate sex assignment, and the person may be intersex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_an...er_distinction

Old 02-22-2017, 03:09 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Oh, is that right?

From the start of Trump's campaign many have insulted us. They started off with our intelligence and they did not stop there. Heck, the other day I heard Bill Maher call our First Lady a "hooker" and he has also called Trump's son a 'date rapist'. The liberals would have burned out his studio if he had tried that with Michelle or their daughters. When did it ever become politically correct to attack a 10 year old kid!

While I am not gay; I am an atheist. I also was a Democrat for most of my life. This extreme left cannot see how stupid they look when they make these clueless accusations and lump everybody together.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:29 AM

381 posts, read 277,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Who cares? Seriously...why do you care what they wear?
Oh,sorry the problem is me.I should not get bothered about children mutating in to a twlight zone style being.Guess i just like things to be as they have been since the dawn of time(I was going to say since the dawn of man)but i guess you would find that offensive to your progressive sensitivities.Let's move on to another subject shall we?.Bye.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:33 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Who cares? And haven't you Scots been wearing skirts since the dawn of time?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:19 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
So how, exactly, does what some kid approximately 3,504 miles away from you, whom you are never likely to meet harm you by wearing a skirt to school? If his parents think it's ok, why not let them decide what's best for their child, and keep your nose out of other people's business?
It's a part of the slow but gradual breakdown of our society's cultural structure. The blurring of the sexes, the effeminizing of men and emasculation of women. There are seen and unforeseen circumstances. For example, already we are seeing a trend of low birth rates below replacement levels in westernized countries. Women going into the workforce plays a big part in that. Countries in Europe are accepting immigrants because they lack enough workers. Overtime, both due to immigration and low birth rates among the Europeans and high birth rates for the immigrants, the Europeans will become extinct, along with all their so-called progressive values. Ironic indeed.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:21 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhead View Post
Schoolboys allowed to wear skirts under new 'gender neutral' uniform rules | The Independent

Good grief,i thought this madness was contained to America but,i was wrong.This nonsense to me just seems to be just like a cult.These persons(i'm not sure what terminology to use)are being accommodated by adults who really should know better.I shudder to think what the coming decades will look like when this stuff is seen as "normal!.Heaven help us all.
Folks pick they damnedest things to get all in a fuss about.

I have it on good authority that a Scottish man wearing a kilt is not to be trifled with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies