Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,981,954 times

Advertisements

This is a quintessential state issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,708,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It's kinda ironic. People call Trump a "fascist", yet, he wants to REDUCE federal mandated laws for micromanaging things like this...which is the opposite of being a fascist, right?
It's the looney left!

Using the power of the federal government to hold a gun to your head and demand you do what liberals demand, that's cool, they love that.

It's what these liberal fascists think a federal government is for, ramming their agenda down everyone's throats.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:45 PM

89,507 posts, read 45,203,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What rights were being infringed upon with allowing trans people to use the bathroom of their choice?
Ask the liberal NYC parents who didn't want their daughters changing and showering with a bearded male changing into and out of swim trunks (TIME Magazine).

Again, this is a LOSING issue for the left. 77% of those age 30+ are against school restroom/locker/shower room "choice" regardless of actual anatomical sex (CBS Poll).

Quote:
All of this could be easily solved by just making all bathrooms unisex. Everywhere else in the world has them. Why don't we?
That hasn't been my experience. Even youth hostel wings/floors are segregated by sex.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:46 PM

29,822 posts, read 14,876,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It's not considered a mental illness.

Sorry. Thinking you are something that you aren't is in your mind. I've already stated that in the rare cases of it actually being physical , chemically or organs developed or not, then it obviously it isn't.

If in the next year I started feeling more and more like a woman and eventually wanted to live my life like one , without going thru transformation surgery... it is in my head.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:47 PM

29,822 posts, read 14,876,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It's kinda ironic. People call Trump a "fascist", yet, he wants to REDUCE federal mandated laws for micromanaging things like this...which is the opposite of being a fascist, right?

Shhhh , don't let the SJW's know that.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:51 PM

15,115 posts, read 12,299,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
So because they are a "tiny minority", they shouldn't get rights or protections?
Trump's administration rescinding the federal mandate regarding use of transgender issues makes it a state issue now. Contact your own state legislators about your concerns.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:53 PM

9,339 posts, read 16,724,934 times
Agree with Trump. It is a state issue, not federal.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,712,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sorry. Thinking you are something that you aren't is in your mind. I've already stated that in the rare cases of it actually being physical , chemically or organs developed or not, then it obviously it isn't.

If in the next year I started feeling more and more like a woman and eventually wanted to live my life like one , without going thru transformation surgery... it is in my head.
Talk to the medical community, it was taken OFF the list of mental illnesses 5 years ago. But then again, I'm guessing you were valedictorian at Harvard and know more than everybody.....

Old 02-23-2017, 02:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,712,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

I had a family member who was a transsexual, got the hormones, surgery full nine yards. Perfectly normal in every other way, paid for their own surgery and treatments, and were successful in the working world including owning a sole proprietorship business for 15 years. Doesn't sound like a mental illness to me.

Old 02-23-2017, 03:56 PM

31,324 posts, read 22,314,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Who have friends, and family members. Yeah its what? 0.4%? right? So 1 in 250.

I mean hey, messing over of 1 in 250 people is fine....right? I mean, really, why should they marry, or have the right to not be discriminated against. Right?

Maybe next we can go after the left handed. Or males with long hair!

Your reasoning has some significant flaws.
Always looking for something the be shocked over. Why do people even assume to know what bathroom every Transgender, On/off Transgender, Cross dresser or "Fill in the blank" person wants to use. I have a friend who shows up as a woman sometimes and a man at other times. I've know a couple of other people who have done the same thing, one for at least 20 years. I'm not sure what bathroom my friend or the others even use I'm sure Transgender people and cross dressers have been dealing with our societal norm of Male and Female restrooms for ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies