Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 02:02 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
He also blocked the New York Times, the LA Times and Politico. In other words, he blocked networks and newspapers that often report negative FACTS about Trump. This is dangerous and, as far as I'm concerned, in violation of the Constitution.

This is the Trump administration's way of warning reporters to "be nice" or I'll ban you too. Did he allow Breitbart to attend? I think he did. So he is gagging sources he feels do not agree with his policies. DANGEROUS!

Even the most conservative Republican should be concerned about this gag order. Trump and Bannon are trying to control the press so they can get can spread their own message and alternative facts without being questioned, the first step to fascism.
You know this reeks of Trump trying to put those newspapers
out of business.
It sure fits his vindictive personality and I am sure he
won't stop until they have been run in the ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 02:05 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times
Extreme Economic Nationalism!! Danger from this Administration! READ UP on Putin and his brand of economic Nationalism and you can see the parallel of it happening daily. Reubs have the power to save us or let us sink.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:07 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please. This would be hilarious if I didn't think you people were serious.

We just had a President that lied continually for eight years. He lied to a fawning Press. Were we better off because we had information being fed to us that was all lies?
I don't care who lied. I never mentioned one President. FREE press is the principle, that means, I don't care what they post, but they deserve to be in the press briefing period.

Are you afraid of criticism and opposing viewpoints enough to suppress others 1st amendment rights?

Old 02-24-2017, 02:10 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,355 times
What a bevy of obediant little fascists in this thread!

Old 02-24-2017, 02:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Even this little old lady is going to call you out here for either being really uneducated, or stupid, or obtuse or just plain deliberately WRONG.

This has nothing to do with making anyone into State TV. Or if you think it is then I suggest you relook at what Obama and other presidents have done ... since bloggers and lesser known media outlets had no seats in the Press Room at all back then - only the MSM got in the door. Is that right either? How about, in the instance of complete 'fairness', we let everyone who wants to go to the press room for a briefing get in without any credentials any time they want to? Is that 'practical'? We would have lineups out the door for miles and people camping out and frankly I doubt the MSM would be there at all. How would you get fair, complete and accurate news then if it was passed string-telephone-like from neighbour to neighbour?

Trump doesn't care what the media reports (good or bad) as long as anything they report is as accurate and complete as it can possibly be at the time. In fact, sometimes it seems he likes to tease those who say such things by ensuring you have the occasional less than flattering story to report about him - and as long as that is reported truthfully, I don't think he minds at all.

Trump is trying to get the media to do their job. Report accurately what was said, no matter what that is. If the media chooses to discuss that after the fact, fine as long as they clearly identify what they are doing as speculation or editorializing, etc. - but at least give all the facts and nothing but the facts first and ensure those are completely and accurately reported.

If the media (the MSM portion anyway) never wants to settle down and do what they are supposed to do - what the people count on them to do - what the President counts on them to do - then they will find that their access is more limited than it has been before. This is not new. It is not unfair (in fact, it is anything BUT unfair - since we all/you all, regardless of our/your political stripes - deserve the whole story, the correct story .. or don't you think you do?)

whoa there buddy. You need to stop and think first.

Trump is trying to get the media to do their job. Report accurately what was said, no matter what that is.

ask yourself a question. IS that within his brief? Is it? it is really the president's job to dictate what and how a free and unfettered media should report...

Trump is clearly trying to use his power to limit access as a weapon to force them to report the new he wants them to report and for them to report it in a way he likes...

is that freedom of the press? or is it freedom as long as you do it my way ...

Trump is clearly trying to limit the press because he is unhappy with what some of them are doing, but that is not his job. Trump was elected to run the nation, not attack the media because he thinks they are making things up or lying... THAT IS NOT HIS JOB. what he is doing is punishing those he does not like while threatening the reminders with eviction should they ask hard questions or report in ways they do not like.

This is exactly what we warned you about.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They don't have on air press briefings on days when the President gives a major speech like he did today at CPAC.

There is a full contingent, of ALL media covering him at CPAC. The complete derangement never stops.
What difference does it make if the briefing is on air or not?

Old 02-24-2017, 02:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
CNN is so full of crap I'm glad they did this to them. The others I have little knowledge of. Buzzfeed is not a credible news organization.
Really? Do you watch it? I watched a 25 minute interview with Kellyanne Conway in which she admitted everything the Trump people are calling "Fake News" is not fake at all. Trump just doesn't want his lies to be reported and, even if CNN did report stories with which he disagrees, banning the press is against the First Amendment. He banned the New York Times as well. He also banned the Los Angeles Times and Politico.

Nixon called the press the enemy too. Make we'll be lucky and Trump will follow in his footsteps, hopefully very soon.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:16 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Extreme Economic Nationalism!! Danger from this Administration! READ UP on Putin and his brand of economic Nationalism and you can see the parallel of it happening daily. Reubs have the power to save us or let us sink.
Trump's current plan is designed to enrich the plutocrats while debasing the rest of the nation to ensure they are too busy fighting over scraps to do anything else.

But it is going to be hard for him to get away with it due to our 3 branches, the 4th estate and the nature of our republic.
Make no mistake, Trump is captured by Bannon, Miller, Anton. Trump is a weak thinker, and big talker. Bannon is not, he has no problem and he is putting his ideology ahead of the people and ahead of the nation.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:17 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You know this reeks of Trump trying to put those newspapers
out of business.
Let me get this straight.

CNN, the NY times et al have been publishing fake news for years, twisting stories about Republicans and ignoring bad behavior by Democrats, in an effort to misrepresent the truth and negatively influence voters. And their circulation, viewership etc. has been tumbling for as long as they've been doing it, as normal Americans decide they aren't interested in those groups' B.S. and would rather hear the truth.

And now you're trying to claim that it's Donald Trump who's trying to put them out of business?

That's one of the more ludicrous claims I've heard.

Donald's not putting them out of business. Their own agenda and practices are putting them out of business, and have been since long before Trump entered politics.

Trump's just pointing out what they are doing. In fact, he's telling a lot more truth than they are.

If the truth is putting them out of business, well... so be it. Nobody ever forced them to lie, paint inaccurate pictures of their targets etc.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:18 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There was no scheduled on air press briefing today.

Banning The Press? nope

Fail

/thread
Again, what difference does it make if the briefing is on air or not. Please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies