Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:58 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,712 times

Advertisements

And here I thought Trump was SUPPOSED to drain the swamp that was filled to the brim with special interest groups, yet the only thing Trump does while in office is kowtow to the demands of his big business friends. The FCC under this administration has now no longer required ISPs to provide basic information such as broadband prices, speeds, and fees.

Tell me exactly how this administration will create jobs if and when ISPs will start throttling websites that might be associated with a competitor, businesses can even figure out what type of speeds to expect for their broadband, and consumers could possibly get socked with hidden fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 02:13 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
I'm buying as little as possible during the next 4 years. Loans are getting paid off early.

Eff this administration.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:15 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I'm buying as little as possible during the next 4 years. Loans are getting paid off early.

Eff this administration.
You and me both.

We're in for a bumpy ride with these nut jobs at the wheel.

Not buying anything unless I absolutely have to.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:46 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Who knew politicians dictating to private companies how to run their own business is what made america great?

Old 02-25-2017, 03:05 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
The Trump folks love it ...... They don't care as long as the reality show star winks at them. As long as they can get their faux news , they are happy to swim in the swamp.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:37 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Net neutrality was simply a means for government to eventually control CONTENT on the internet. As usual, we can simply look around at the responses then determine which political party insists on being able to block differing opinions.

They (the left) hypocritically call themselves champions of free speech... as long as that speech agrees with their opinions and fits their narrative. All other speech must be content neutral because well... because that's free speech according to the left.

Edited to add: These statements above by me are NOT true. I finally quit being lazy on the issue and read the important part (to me) of the text. I was 100% wrong with what I said above in THIS post. My apologies.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 02-25-2017 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: These statements above by me are NOT true.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
And here I thought Trump was SUPPOSED to drain the swamp that was filled to the brim with special interest groups, yet the only thing Trump does while in office is kowtow to the demands of his big business friends. The FCC under this administration has now no longer required ISPs to provide basic information such as broadband prices, speeds, and fees.

Tell me exactly how this administration will create jobs if and when ISPs will start throttling websites that might be associated with a competitor, businesses can even figure out what type of speeds to expect for their broadband, and consumers could possibly get socked with hidden fees.
Could you please explain to us what net neutrality is?

Old 02-25-2017, 06:50 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Net neutrality was simply a means for government to eventually control CONTENT on the internet. As usual, we can simply look around at the responses then determine which political party insists on being able to block differing opinions.

They (the left) hypocritically call themselves champions of free speech... as long as that speech agrees with their opinions and fits their narrative. All other speech must be content neutral because well... because that's free speech according to the left.
Keep up on party is currently trying to undermine net neutrality. The rest of this is, per usual, in your head.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Could you please explain to us what net neutrality is?
Google is your friend:

Policy Brief: Network Neutrality | Internet Society

Old 02-25-2017, 07:09 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

I was wrong. I just read the 1st and 5th Amendment implications regarding net neutrality, and despite what I was told, the text appears to prohibit ANY limitation of free speech as the ISPs themselves will NOT be engaging in the speech as did cable providers who selected content and placed their own commentary on their network. ISPs will simply be a conduit for the free exchange of information.

There is a downloadable .pdf located right next to "FCC Record:" slightly down the page. This document is the TEXT of the FCC New Neutrality regulation.

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-rel...internet-order

Constitutional considerations begin at paragraph 544 of the document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies