Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 07:13 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Gun owner who wants more gun laws= useful idiot
Gun owner who wants no gun laws = complete idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 07:15 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You can face 10 years in prison for cutting a shotgun or rifle barrel below an arbitrary length, ...
Excellent point and the common advice is to make sure the barrel and overall length is about 1/4 of inch longer than required. If you are one millimeter off you are opening yourself up to jail.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:22 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Another stupid, waste-of-time gun hater thread......yawn.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The weapons manufacturers .

As an aside , our local paper prints the police blotter and every week
there are several people who have their guns stolen during house break-ins.
Many just have their guns laying around
in their house or their car with easy access for thieves.
Granted ,a gun cabinet is not the hardest thing to break into but it should
cut down on amount of easily stolen guns.
Can we just deny these idiots the right to go out and buy another one?
A lot of stolen guns in circulation ,keep your gun under lock and key.
California just made stealing a firearm under $1000 a petty crime. They also burdened legal gun owners with a whole laundry list of stupidity layered on top of existing laws. Why would we make the biggest crime a petty crime all the while saddling the law abiding with more laws that could easily make them a felon? It's absurd some of these laws.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The weapons manufacturers .

As an aside , our local paper prints the police blotter and every week
there are several people who have their guns stolen during house break-ins.
Many just have their guns laying around
in their house or their car with easy access for thieves.
Granted ,a gun cabinet is not the hardest thing to break into but it should
cut down on amount of easily stolen guns.
Can we just deny these idiots the right to go out and buy another one?
A lot of stolen guns in circulation ,keep your gun under lock and key.
If someone breaks into someones garage, steals a car and kills someone with it do you blame the car owner?

There is reasonable limits to where liability begins and ends. If someone were to leave their car running outside a convenience store, that car is stolen and involved in a homicide the person that owns the car has some responsibility. Similarly if someone were to walk into a bathroom and leave their gun on the toilet top they have some responsibility.

If that gun or car is sitting in the garage or house there should be no responsibility.

Last edited by thecoalman; 02-27-2017 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Oh really? Did I say Brazil? You think we get our guns from Brazil instead of the other way around? Brazil that great manufacturing giant of the south who obviously provides our guns somehow? What's the last manufacturer you heard of? Feijoida e Pato?
Of the 8,622 firearms seized by Rio de Janeiro´s military police in 2014, over 68% were manufactured by Brazilian (government-subsidized) firms including Taurus, Rossi, IMBEL and CBC. Most of these were purchased, gifted or stolen in Brazil.

Brazil's Gun Violence Problem Is 'Made in Brazil' | The Huffington Post

Old 02-27-2017, 07:28 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
I'm a hardcore, tree-hugging liberal. I'm also a big fan of guns. Yes folks, a gun-loving liberal. I know many of you like to think that everybody fits into a box. But I own multiple assault rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

I am totally fine with gun laws as they are, though I would definitely be in favor of stricter background checks, and limited access to people with a history of mental illness....though didn't Trump recently sign something that loosened the laws for mentally ill people?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:36 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Not sure about Florida but you can own a cannon elsewhere. I'm not sure what the rules and regulations are.

Generally speaking my thoughts on this are pretty simple, if law enforcement can justify it so can the citizen. A cannon would not fall into that category but on the other hand it's not exactly something you can easily hide.
Black powder muzzle loader??? Fire away Griddly! Breach loader, fireing shells? Jump through the hoops, shell out the money and one of these too can be yours!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/624541150

US M1 57mm Anti-tank Gun | Military Vehicle Web

Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 AM

Common sense..... When this issue came about those on the do not fly list one bill would have banned them from purchasing a gun for three days, permanently with a court order. Sound reasonable?

This was the GOP bill and backed by the NRA, with a few votes from Democrats it would have passed. If someone on the list obtains guns and carries out an attack we can in fact blame the anti gun activists that resulted in no law because of their all or nothing attitude.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:39 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,905,917 times
Hmm...

OP reads like those "I am a conservative, but I have a problem with conservative principals" posts, which is to say... they aren't what they claim and this post is nothing more than a means to bring credibility to their initial argument (ie I am one of you, so you should respect me because I am like you and understand!) in order to promote the actual antithesis position of what the OP claims to be of.

More typical BS antics, more smoke and mirrors, more lies and garbage.

/yawn

Moving on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies