Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:51 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I hope you are right. I was worried he has fallen in line and become just another bought and sold politician.

Yay, liberals are back to going crazy and pulling their hairs out.
Almost as if talking in a mature, reasoned and intelligent manner is the sound of just "another bought and sold politician" to Trump supporters. Explains a lot I think, though nothing we liberals hadn't noticed a long time ago...

Also seems that pointing out Trump's immaturities is "going crazy and pulling their hairs out" according to these same folks, and why not when outlandish rhetoric is what turns them on so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 02:46 PM

14,956 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh, I see...

Seems to me, however, that when you maintain one of the most significant aspects of what the ACA ultimately accomplished, the term "repeal and replace" becomes all the more inappropriate, and to suggest that the ACA was/is a disaster just as inappropriate -- incorrect.

We all know that pre-existing condition clause is not new! What's new is that maybe conservatives will begin to recognize the ACA for a bit more that it accomplished, how difficult it was to correct such a long-standing problem.

Repeal and replace? More like smoke and mirrors and whatever else can be done not to admit that we're essentially going to do what was expected with the ACA all along.

Maintain and improve! Fingers crossed anyway...

What else has Trump said that you note that is anything new? Nothing!

Trump has admitted that the issue of health care in America is very complex, so at least he's learning something. Maybe his supporters too, but not most of the people listening to Trump last night I don't think...
My comment was solely to point out Trump's stated belief that 1)any health care reform must also include controlling the cost of healthcare, and 2) must include controlling prescription drug costs as well. Worthy ideas, and spot on, which you *might* see if you weren't hanging onto that "bash everything Trump-related" bandwagon for dear life with your sore loser brethren.

Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:11 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right! Who among us is really wiling to consider the merit of anyone representing a political view different from our own, and agreed about all the rest too, just like Nixon didn't have to resign according to much the same sort of logic and reason...

Kellyanne reiminds me a little of Palin in terms of what seems to be a good handle on facts, history, politics and all the rest we might like to expect from a Counselor to the President, especially a vocal one. Hope that works out better for Trump (and the rest of us) than it did for McCain, because eventually..., ignorance takes it's political toll just like water in a boat...
Stop and think before you judge.

I like Bernie, I just don't like his ideas. See the difference?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I hope you are right. I was worried he has fallen in line and become just another bought and sold politician.

Yay, liberals are back to going crazy and pulling their hairs out.
Well, he is, so...

Old 03-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
My comment was solely to point out Trump's stated belief that 1)any health care reform must also include controlling the cost of healthcare, and 2) must include controlling prescription drug costs as well. Worthy ideas, and spot on, which you *might* see if you weren't hanging onto that "bash everything Trump-related" bandwagon for dear life with your sore loser brethren.

Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.
If in your opinion controlling the cost of health care and prescription drugs are "worthy ideas," as if those are new ideas or anything that has not been the goal or hope for an awfully long time, then how long you been in that coma?

Amazing comment of yours here...

You think I don't "see" any of that? Those two very obvious goals?

What in the name of mental health do you think just about everyone wants from our health care system?

What of the other obvious goals as well, as I also mentioned?

I'm not on that "bash everything Trump" wagon. I have complimented him for doing what I feel deserves compliment, just as I have objected to what Trump deserves bashing for! Like referring to Obamacare as nothing but a "disaster." Calling for "repeal and replace," while still no indication what that means other than to keep some of the ACA corner stones after all.

Enough with all the "sore loser" rhetoric and nonsense as well. Right? Possible?

Takes a bit more intelligent and adult discussion, I know, but let's at least try to stay focused on what facts and truth can be considered and judged as we should. All Americans are either the "winners or losers" depending on what any POTUS does or does not do.

All those millions who couldn't get health care insurance due to pre-existing conditions, for example, were "winners" thanks to Obama and the ACA, whether they voted for Hillary or Trump. Now let's see how many more Americans can be "winners" by way of those "worthy spot on ideas" you claim I can't see...

Any more nonsense you want to add instead?

Old 03-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Stop and think before you judge.

I like Bernie, I just don't like his ideas. See the difference?
Yes, this difference too all too obvious, but so common in this forum...

You don't like ALL Bernie's ideas? Is that possible?

And/or which ideas don't you like, and why?

IOWs, the vague generalities are all too easy and essentially just a waste of time and key strokes if the intent is other than to just comment without any substance whatsoever. Specifics, on the other hand, at least give some indication as to whether the thinking behind the comment is reasonable and sound.

A matter of opinion, yes of course, but you can't have an opinion or judge the logic or reason of someone else if they don't offer any!

That the idea maybe...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies