Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 02:23 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,836,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Couldn't resist.

Sessions just recused himself from any investigations concerning Russian interference in the election process.

On another note, it just occurred to me, that the lies and distortions roll off the keyboards of the Trump supporters on this forum like pellets from a rabbits ass.
Unlike the lies by the anti-Trump people? Do you need me to pull up some threads? Ah hell, here is one:

American Citizen Faced Deportation

Old 03-02-2017, 02:24 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,197,133 times
Glad he's not stepping down, give them the recusal, he was going to do it anyway. Let the FBI investigate, if there is something to be found they will find it. Meanwhile we have a country to run.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Boy, Sessions sounds like an old man, can't recall a thing and frankly
doesn't look like man that should be in charge of anything.
Hopefully he has great handlers.
best move would be for Trump to dump virtually every single person he brought in and start fresh with some centrist republicans.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:25 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,670,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Boy, Sessions sounds like an old man, can't recall a thing and frankly
doesn't look like man that should be in charge of anything.
Hopefully he has great handlers.
Handlers= Assisted living nurses.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,736,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WaPo edited the the actual congressional record to make it appear like he had lied.
If that is true, then you could make your point more convincingly by pasting the relevant quotes from the Congressional record transcripts and the WaPo rendition side-by-side for comparison.

Also:
Quote:
Jeff Sessions is giving a live televised statement concerning the hit piece written about him by WaPo.
He did not lie to congress. He also recused himself from any investigations of the Trump campaign.
Seems pretty cut & dried to me. He's innocent.
Wow! Every time a government official denies wrongdoing on live television, you believe him? Cut & dried?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I was responding to the assertion made that Mr. Clapper, Mr. Brennan & Mr. Comey testified there was NOTHING to the allegation of election meddling by Russia.

What is the purpose of these investigations? If it was to force Mr. Sessions to resign, why doesn't the So-called President do so as he did with Mr. Flynn?
Clapper should not be referred to under any circumstance for any reason. He has already shown he is willing to lie under oath.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:29 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,932,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Unlike the lies by the anti-Trump people? Do you need me to pull up some threads? Ah hell, here is one:

American Citizen Faced Deportation
Considering the election meddling element, thinking this would be more relevant:

Quote:
Donald Trump paid the IRS a $2,500 penalty this year, an official at Trump's company said, after it was revealed that Trump's charitable foundation had violated tax laws by giving a political contribution to a campaign group connected to Florida's attorney general.

The improper donation, a $25,000 gift from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, was made in 2013. At the time, Attorney General Pam Bondi was considering whether to investigate fraud allegations against Trump University. She decided not to pursue the case. ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e98e69edab26

Old 03-02-2017, 02:29 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,024,177 times
Quote:
He doesn't have to deny anything. It's all on record as to what was asked vs what was said.

WaPo edited the the actual congressional record to make it appear like he had lied.
There is some stuff about racial things. Otherwise he comes across pretty honest out of all the politicians I have seen so far. There are 2 senior staff (ex military guys) during his conversation with Russian ambassador. I guess Congress should ask them to testify if they want to proceed further. I don't think there is going to be anything serious.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:30 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We've seen the video with Franken's long convoluted question and Sessions answer. Sessions did NOT lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Agreed.

Franken is the one who screwed up by the way he worded the question. It was a "gotcha" question. But there's not much of a case here, which is why I'm laughing at Pelosi's tweet about Sessions needing to resign.

And I WANT Sessions to be replaced by a better candidate who's younger and not as southern, but......Sessions didn't do anything wrong here.
Franken asked Sessions what he would do if he found out ppl affiliated with the trump campaign were communicating with the russians. Sessions said he was not aware of any such activities and that he himself did not communicate with the russians.

I'm starting to see why Trump supporters have such a difficult time distinguishing truth from fiction if Franken's question and Session's answer is so hard to comprehend. Sessions lied, plain and simple.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Sessions is one of the few hardcore racists who has keep his record clean enough to hold higher office.
If this is what this is over perhaps he deserves it.

If it along with pissing Trump off clears the country of many undesirables, IMO let it play out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies