Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 06:12 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times

Advertisements

I was just listening to the news and a Democratic spokesman just mentioned that the FISA judges serve a 7 year term. That means every one of the judges on the FISA court was appointed to their position while Obama was President. Was it Obama that appointed them? It would sure make judge shopping a lot easier, wouldn't it?

Old 03-05-2017, 06:13 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yeah.everyone..except here..is treating this with a *yawn*

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAnNEzc?m=en-us
And the FBI, of course.. It doesn't really matter what Trump worshippers believe.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I was just listening to the news and a Democratic spokesman just mentioned that the FISA judges serve a 7 year term. That means every one of the judges on the FISA court was appointed to their position while Obama was President. Was it Obama that appointed them? It would sure make judge shopping a lot easier, wouldn't it?
FISC judges are appointed by the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS. He's a conservative if you didn't know.

It's interesting that so many people think everything in government is politically motivated, including evidentiary hearings for warrants.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
They are appointed by the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court from judges who are already on the bench in various locations. I believe that this FISA work is in addition to their other duties, but I am not sure about that.

Their terms are staggered so that they might not all be appointed by the same Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:22 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times
Quote:
Nope...FISA judges are appointed by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and are mostly Republican....

https://www.quora.com/Checks-and-Bal...-persons-hands

Chief Justice John Roberts names new FISA surveillance court judges - POLITICO

LoL,,,seems that I was slow on the trigger

Old 03-05-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Trump is the king of fake news

Had proof Obamas birth certificate was fake

Saw like 5000 cheering in NJ on 9/11

3 to 5 million illegals voted for Clinton

Illegals bussed in NH to vote

He had massive crowd at his ingratiation bigger than Obama

Biggest EC win since Regan

His immigration order was similar to what President Obama did in 2011

Terrorist attack in Sweden

Claims he has never talked to or had dealings with Russia

Claims he is worth 10 billion

Now This story
Don't forget that Ted Cruz's dad, according to Trump, was involved in JFK's assassination. He has reliable sources in Cuba that tell him this is the case.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:32 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If we were all being wire tapped why aren`t my friends in jail for growing weed? Snowden proved nothing.
If they were looking for people growing weed they would be in jail.

That program gathers enormous amounts of data, it's designed to sift through it and spot specific patterns and can most certainly be used to identify any activity.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Wire tap of Trump Tower allegations raise more questions about Barack Obama than Donald Trump, in view of his 'shadow government' in D.C., which includes his former staff, and closest confidant and consiglierie, Valerie Jarrett, who moved in this week. What are they doing? There is no question that they are working against Trump, and this, plus the wire tap allegation raises questions of seditious intent.

I have more confidence in Trump's honesty than in Obama. Obama's past history testifies against him.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Interesting article that (could) shed some light on how we got where we are today...

Old 03-05-2017, 06:42 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,048,028 times
I just have a problem with this whole " Obama did this and Obama is doing that" portrayal Trump is sounding off on. Obama's not out to get Trump. Obama was a stooge as POTUS, a complete loser they put in office to be a rubber stamp and do whatever he was told to do. He's no evil genius, no criminal mastermind, no power mad dictator. Just a phony dunce they hand picked and created and installed to do the bidding of the elite. The same ones that brought the Clintons under their thumbs through blackmail and bribery and the same ones the Bushes willingly worked for.
Let's not give Obama too much credit. He's enjoying his retirement where he doesn't have to pretend to be someone he isn't and isn't told what to do and what to say and have his whole life scripted for him. Making Obama a foil as a bad guy might get a few conservatives on board, but its also giving liberals a reason to stay in the fight. The rest of us, well, hopefully we're smarter than either of them.
But what is it about Trump that the elites can't stand? Maybe he refuses to bow down to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies