Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 04:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Here's another interesting article in the National Review by Andrew C McCarthy about former Obama national intelligence director James Clapper's interview regarding the FISA surveillance controversy with NBC’s Chuck Todd on Meet the Press.

James Clapper Trump Statements Reveal by Omission | National Review

Everyone is parsing their words very carefully. Chuck Todd asks careful questions, Clapper gives careful answers. You can tell everybody feels like they're sitting on a hand grenade and they don't want to anywhere near it when it goes off.
If Trump has 'proof' why is he forcing Congress to find the 'proof'? Hello?

BS. Here's another article explaining in detail what happened with Clapper.

If you are going to condemn Clapper and claim everything he says now is a lie, you will have to do the same for Jeff Sessions (so he should resign, as he cannot be believed).

Attorney: Spy chief had 'forgotten' about NSA program when he misled Congress | TheHill

Old 03-08-2017, 04:44 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
its impossible to prove that Obama ordered it unless there is a recording of it like Nixon or if somebody closed to him turns on him, which I doubt. The moment they get close to them they will plea the 5th, like they have done in the past.

but what they can prove is if Obama knew it, when and how.......if he still denies it then proves he should have know based on all the evidence that will make him look like a liar or very incompetent !

but even if Obama is clear that is not the case for the rest of his administration starting with Loretta Lynch and the rest.
OR DONALD TRUMP IS LYING and must be impeached as a result.

lol@ how you conveniently left that possibility out.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

Old 03-08-2017, 04:47 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump is trying to deflect and create doubt on the Russian alligations.
I'm thinking there might be more to it than that. (like Watergate 2.0)

But if you're right & that's all that he was going after with that tweet, then certainly....Mission Accomplished.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:49 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
its funny that Obama sends his spokesperson for a statement that sounded more like his spokesperson personal opinion.....His spokesperson wasn't involved in any of this......that's when Obama sent out Susan Rice to the news network to tell a lie during Benghazi.......Obama wasn't on the record/

Look at the statement from Kevin Lewis:

Quote:
Neither @barackobama nor any WH official under Obama has ever ordered surveillance on any US Citizen. Any suggestion is unequivocally false

that's just his opinion, he wasn't even there at the W.H. when this was taking place for 8 years under Obama. He didn't say, Obama told me personally or on behalf of Obama which he assured me,blah, blah blah......see how he choose his words carefully making it sure that the words are coming from him, NOT Obama or Loretta Lynch.

Obama is silent on this and doesn't want to be directly himself on the record because he knows damn better that this mess could lead to his administration.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
OR DONALD TRUMP IS LYING and must be impeached as a result.

lol@ how you conveniently left that possibility out.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

prove it!!!!!! to impeach Trump for "lying", you have to bring all the intel agencies and put them on the record and under oath and they will be cross examine,,,,,documents will be subpoena. Leakers will be exposed!

Loretta Lynch also has to be under oath and cross examine

you really think the agencies that are leaking to the media which is ILLEGAL want to be under oath and be investigated in an open trial in Congress which is an impeachment? LOL....you are not too bright are you?...LOL

Old 03-08-2017, 04:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Wrong. This is the response from Obama's spokesperson:

You've all become too comfortable wallowing in the slop of LIES Donald Trump has you rolling around in.

Sorry but decency and the rule of law will always win in the end. He can only deflect so far.

Hillary, is that you? I thought you were in the mountains frightening all the wild animals.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
its impossible to prove that Obama ordered it unless there is a recording of it like Nixon or if somebody closed to him turns on him, which I doubt. The moment they get close to them they will plea the 5th, like they have done in the past.
I give the Community Agitator credit for looking out for himself. No doubt they already have a dozen people to throw under the bus before it ever gets to Obama. This page was taken directly from the Clinton playbook. (though I'm sure that Obama is loath to admit it)

I'm guessing they made two strategic errors.
  • They didn't think that Trump would win.
  • They underestimated how quick that Trump would throw it back in their face.
Now they are scrambling. Of course the Trump deranged are completely triggered which adds to the amusement. lol

Old 03-08-2017, 05:12 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Obama is silent on this and doesn't want to be directly himself on the record because he knows damn better that this mess could lead to his administration.
LOL - couldn't be because Trump is a a delusional, mentally unstable, serial liar and bloviating fool?

Ya' think??

Obama is laughing himself silly while Trump continues to embarrass himself. Reminds me of the Russian general in "War and Peace" - "time and patience, patience and time" - he knew it was only a matter of time before the Russian winter would destroy Napoleon and his egoistic grandiosity.

Trump doesn't need any help from Obama to destroy himself. He's doing just fine all on his own.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:16 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Obama is laughing himself silly
Hmm. Nope.

Barack Obama 'furious' with Donald Trump over wiretapping claims, ex-President's aides report | The Independent

Now we have Obamagate and Obama being remembered as the Black Nixon.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Does Trump still use his unsecured iphones? He was on Jan 20 I think.

It certainly wouldn't take much effort for any group (US or foreign) to wiretap those (so I've read). If wiretapping did occur on those unsecured iphones, perhaps Trump was his own worst enemy.
Kind of like those girls in Sweden....at a summer concert dressed in shorts and a tank top or t shirt. They should have known that they would be Raped.

It wasn't the Islamist Rapists fault....those girls were their own worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies