Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
AS much about some of the other players as Napolitano--
Napolitano also said last summer that Putin/Russians HAD Clinton's missing emails and would release them--
And Trump parroted THAT claim as well--without any proof obviously coming later...

The fact that he is a fairly long-time friend of Trump says it all--
Not really a very good judge--
Likely a political hack who knows where lot of the bodies in NY politics are buried...which would make him useful to Trump and looking more and more like a Russian actor who is happy to spin Russian lies into
"Trump truths"...

The idea that Johnson got this British accusation from Russian news strikes me as helpful insight because if that is true and likely proveable (Malcom Nance just repeated this assertions on MSNBC) from just checking the timeline and the news outlet then Trump is once again using Russian propaganda as "proof" of whatever...
This slur on British IC has done great deal to create animosity between US and UK on the surface
If Trump doens't watch out he is going to lose that visit to Buckingham Palace...
and THAT he probably cares about quite a bit...

The MSM is just being lead around by its collective noses by this propaganda--
Repeating these claims while denying them is NOT the way to prove anything...
The value to Trump/Bannon et al is just the dissemination of this false news and Trump is the major purveyor of ALL this faux news...repeated ad nauseum but MSM while supposedly trying to prove how wrong they are...
Doesn't work---the psychological effect has been done and Trump's supporters are the ones they WANT to reach--they know the liberal left are lost to them--
I don't think this will effect Britains relationship with the US, which is stronger than any one President, neither will it effect our working relationship.

In terms of Trump, he is going to be given a State Visit, although due to the current refurbishment of Buckingham Palace any banquet will probably be at Windsor Castle.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As for me...

Until Trump tweets us the final conclusion/decision related to these investigations, I'm believing no other reports.
Any day now, Trump will step up to the microphone and announce that he is debunking all those fake wiretapping rumors that Obama started.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:41 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
I posted my last comment before reading this one...

Right. Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. You suffer from confirmation bias.

"Houston, we have a problem..."
My take is that Jams had it right. Conservatives are suffering from cognitive dissonance and in an attempt to resolve that dissonance turn to confirmation bias and projection.

Liberals? Liberals are suffering from the fact that Donald Trump now is President of the United States.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Btw, the psychological term for your post is called projection.

But let's take a quick look at the definition of cognitive dissonance.

"Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. This produces a feeling of discomfort leading to an alteration in one of the attitudes, beliefs or behaviors to reduce the discomfort and restore balance etc"

Cognitive dissonance is when liberals begin to realize Hillary lied them, the cables lied to them, the NYT/WaPo/LAT lied to them, their Democratic leaders lied to them...but they despise Trump. They flat out hate him. They can't stand he's president. They just can't let go of the Russian fairy tale and it's making them all out batsh*t crazy. Look at all the posts here.

That uncomfortable feeling you libs are experiencing. ..that's cognitive dissonance.
Agreed. The term cognitive dissonance applies. The question is which proper nouns need to be inserted into the bolded sentence.

Hence, the battle of the facts.

Liberals: Fact-checkers.

Conservatives: Fake news.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
I posted my last comment before reading this one...

Right. Liberals suffer from cognitive dissonance. You suffer from confirmation bias.

"Houston, we have a problem..."
Yup, I know what confirmation bias is too, but you mistake my posts. What I really suffer from is a genuine disgust for liberals and Democrats. And it started shortly after 9/11 when I began to see liberals here in NY blame the United States for the destruction of the World Trade Center. Not GWB, but America. Much to my surprise, I began to realize liberals hate this country as much as the Islamic radicals.

Despite the fact it's a massive lie, liberals believe passionately in the Russian fairy tale. They have to, they need it. Look at all the posts here...none of you will disown the lie...you cling to the lie because you hate Trump. Make America Great Again? Oh man, liberals hate that phrase,it gets their blood boiling.

You people live in another world, but it's a dangerous one for the rest of us.

You can call it whatever you want.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Yup, I know what confirmation bias is too, but you mistake my posts. What I really suffer from is a genuine disgust for liberals and Democrats. And it started shortly after 9/11 when I began to see liberals here in NY blame the United States for the destruction of the World Trade Center. Not GWB, but America. Much to my surprise, I began to realize liberals hate this country as much as the Islamic radicals.

Despite the fact it's a massive lie, liberals believe passionately in the Russian fairy tale. They have to, they need it. Look at all the posts here...none of you will disown the lie...you cling to the lie because you hate Trump. Make America Great Again? Oh man, liberals hate that phrase,it gets their blood boiling.

I call your comment ludicrous, and very sad.

What is dangerous is this sort of ignorance that leads to this sort of "disgust" that defies all reason and logic. I'm just glad your comment, like this thread and this forum is for the most part meaningless, but your way of thinking is one of the more serious problems in America. No doubt about that!

Another fact I can assure you is truth despite all your insulting nonsense to the contrary.

I am a liberal and I know lots of liberals as well as conservatives, family and friends.

Not a one of us, most certainly not me, "hate this country."

Let's please avoid being moronic!

Old 03-19-2017, 11:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
https://news.google.com/news/amp?cau...391#pt0-158511

Maybe not a fairy tale
Investigation really just starting

Old 03-19-2017, 11:08 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
Trump needs to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden a full and unconditional pardon then bring him back to investigate the Intelligence Agency's unconstitutional spying of U.S. citizens. It's somewhat of an open secret in Washington, DC that the IC was used to suppress the Occupy Movement and Trump would be the left's hero if he exposed that.

If you think I'm just making things up then read this.

Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy

Quote:
It was more sophisticated than we had imagined: new documents show that the violent crackdown on Occupy last fall – so mystifying at the time – was not just coordinated at the level of the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and local police. The crackdown, which involved, as you may recall, violent arrests, group disruption, canister missiles to the skulls of protesters, people held in handcuffs so tight they were injured, people held in bondage till they were forced to wet or soil themselves –was coordinated with the big banks themselves.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Yup, I know what confirmation bias is too, but you mistake my posts. What I really suffer from is a genuine disgust for liberals and Democrats. [/b]And it started shortly after 9/11 when I began to see liberals here in NY blame the United States for the destruction of the World Trade Center. Not GWB, but America. Much to my surprise, I began to realize liberals hate this country as much as the Islamic radicals.

Motivation can be far more difficult to tease out than the actual actions or statements made.

Examining all aspects connected to an event (911) might be more about prevention than blaming the United States ... and NOTHING to do with hating it.

Thank you, though, for commenting why you've hung in with posting. Perhaps I'll share my motivation, in turn. Again, no hate for Trump although I think him profoundly unprepared to be President. Watching him explode is rather like viewing fireworks: I don't mind the show (if only because it confirms my expectations) but I sure don't want the fireworks to get out of control burning down our common house.

The motivation? Hate is involved - mine for propaganda for admittedly I detest what passes for talk radio and opinion purveyors like Hannity. Hosts spread subtle mixtures of fact and distortion but then even worse use that to create emotions and beliefs like what you describe in your post. And from that - they profit, handsomely. THAT is destructive to America.

What's interesting about this thread is that unlike most issues the facts at hand are comparatively simple. Did he? Or didn't he? Healthcare will never be battled to a clear conclusion; this one could, unless Congress and/or the FBI punts. And so demonstrates the distortion-power of information machines.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:21 PM

932 posts, read 899,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Trump needs to grant NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden a full and unconditional pardon then bring him back to investigate the Intelligence Agency's unconstitutional spying of U.S. citizens. It's somewhat of an open secret in Washington, DC that the IC was used to suppress the Occupy Movement and Trump would be the left's hero if he exposed that.

If you think I'm just making things up then read this.

Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy

I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies