Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Levin is a Constitutional scholar, the chief of staff for the Attorney General in the Reagan administration , not some average guy off the street.
WTF, he's not a constitutional scholar, he took classes in constitutional law in college, he was chief of staff for Meese, whose term ended in 1988 so you are trying to make it sound like this troll has some kind of credibility because he had a minor position with the federal gov't 29 years ago?

Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Let us assume, for argument's sake, that President Trump was informed by his own security staff at Trump Tower that a 'bug' was found on one of the Trump Organization telephone lines, or other evidence of 'wire tapping'.

If so, it is possible that President Trump is making an assumption, i.e., that Obama or his minions had something to do with it.

However, the Russian government (even back in the USSR days) was quite proficient at placing such bugs. I seem to recall that President Trump even acknowledged the competence of the Russian government bugging hotel rooms and such in Russia. It seemed like an odd statement at the time, at least to me. Perhaps not, however.

If such a bug were found, it would, at the least, be in the realm of possibility that it was the Russian government behind it. The Russians would certainly have been interested in learning what the President-Elect's true intentions were towards Russia.

It is at least food for thought.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:59 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Levin is a Constitutional scholar, the chief of staff for the Attorney General in the Reagan administration , not some average guy off the street.
Levin has been out of service for 40 years but you think he knows better than the intelligence services. Trump is using him as an intelligence source, why can't he just ask his NSA head McMaster? Trump hasn't released any details regarding ho this came about, short on facts as usual.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:00 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Right...and did Democrats trick Flynn into meeting with and discussing sanctions with Russians?
FBI is yet to make a case against Flynn. Lot of news about there is nothing wrong in the Flynn discussion. Actually no one knows who is wire tapping Flynn conversation which itself needs some explanation.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:01 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I'm sure that makes sense to you, but how about sharing what you are trying to say with the rest of us?
The quote from the NY Times article was posted earlier in the thread.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
]I found a source for the 40 secret service agent issue, that's old news dude, from Sept 2015 and it's quite different from the way Chaffetz is (according to to you) trying to portray this:

"Chaffetz, R-Utah — who has aggressively pursued allegations of Secret Service misconduct as chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform — called the unauthorized retrieval of his unsuccessful application to join the Secret Service in 2003 “a tactic designed to intimidate and embarrass me.”When these allegations first surfaced in April, Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson referred them to the inspector general and apologized to Chaffetz. The report published Wednesday details the improper behavior and harshly criticizes the Secret Service for violating the Privacy Act of 1974.

On Wednesday, the Secret Service issued a statement apologizing to Chaffetz for “this wholly avoidable and embarrassing misconduct” and promising that those responsible would be held accountable.

The inspector general’s report found that more than 40 Secret Service employees accessed Chaffetz’s 2003 job application a total of more than 60 times, even though they had “no official need to query Chairman Chaffetz’ name.”[/i] Secret Service broke privacy law to embarrass critic Rep. Chaffetz: IG report | MSNBC

So in other words a bunch of snoopy secret service agents looked at his old job application and according to you, he is now claiming Obama did it?
So, because it's "old news dude" it's not relevant? Wow, hypocritical much? From what I read from YOUR post what Chaffetz said was pretty much correct. Did you even read what you posted? Also, Chaffetz said "The Obama Administration" which is factually correct. He did not say "Obama" and neither did I...

Old 03-06-2017, 08:06 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
You say that as if he's unbiased. Mark Levin is a hard conservative, who sometimes hosts Sean Hannity's show on fox news and was once an advisor to Rush Limbaugh. And that's not my opinion, that's taken straight from Mark Levin's Conservapedia page, a conservative website. Mark Levin - Conservapedia

So tell me again how his being a Constitutional scholar means he's unbiased and not pushing an agenda. I'll wait.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:09 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
FBI is yet to make a case against Flynn. Lot of news about there is nothing wrong in the Flynn discussion. Actually no one knows who is wire tapping Flynn conversation which itself needs some explanation.
I don't believe it's the FBI that makes a case. The FBI is a law enforcement agency, not a prosecutor's office. The FBI can make recommendations to DOJ, but it doesn't have the final say about whether criminal charges are brought or not.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:11 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Putin 1, America 0.

"Right now in Moscow, they must be clinking vodka glasses. Because for less than the cost of a Mig 29, they have thrown the west into complete disarray."

Old 03-06-2017, 08:12 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Levin has been out of service for 40 years but you think he knows better than the intelligence services. Trump is using him as an intelligence source, why can't he just ask his NSA head McMaster? Trump hasn't released any details regarding ho this came about, short on facts as usual.
Clapper lied.. so they are God to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies