Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:32 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times

Advertisements

Here is an excellent article by Stephen Hayes in the Weekly Standard -

"Either: the president used thinly sourced media reports to float a conspiracy theory about his predecessor and he was wrong; or, citing thinly sourced media reports, he overstated the details of an actual investigation into his activities or the activities of those around him, alleging presidential involvement without evidence; or, citing thinly sourced media reports, he accurately accused the former president of doing something highly illegal and accidentally uncovered what would surely be one of the biggest scandals in U.S. history. Whatever the case, the events of the last two days will undoubtedly have lasting effects"

Trump's Wiretap Claims: What We Know and What We Don't | The Weekly Standard

This story has an enormous number of moving parts. Try to keep open minds folks, none of us have any idea how this will conclude. Be wary of any statements made. Anyone with skin in the game has lawyered up. This won't fade into insignificance.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:34 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I find it highly disturbing that you and others just take what this man says at face value when he has a proven track record of lying and making up stories. Show me PROOF of the wiretapping. Sorry but Trump is not God and his word is not gospel.
"I find it highly disturbing that you and others just take what this man says at face value when he has a proven track record of lying and making up stories"

The SAME can be said about Obama followers.

"Show me PROOF of the wiretapping. Sorry but Trump is not God and his word is not gospel."

Show me PROOF of the the collusion between Trump and Russia that the left and the LSM has been claiming for over a month now.

The left (which includes the LSM), had made a LOT of accusations. Many proven to be false.

As usual those on the opposing side like to distort what is ACTUALLY said and done.

Trump said, "I just found out" and has directed an investigation into the claim.

So, before everybody goes off half cocked and making a lot of accusations, let's see what the investigation finds.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:36 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The problem with your narrative is that despite many investigations, millions and millions of wasted dollars, you guys have never gotten a single thing to stick.

I love seeing you right winger chasing Hillary all these years later and still nada.

And your attempt to pretend Comey is a left winger is just weak sauce. he is r not l and I believe you know it.
Nobody said (or is pretending) Comey is a "left-winger."

If Hillary had been indicted, as she should have been, it would have "stuck" because she did break the law regarding the handling of classified material. That isn't even arguable. "Gross negligence" (the law) or "extreme carelessness" (Comey's words) are the same thing. And, look, I had a secret clearance when I was in the military because I went to cryptographic repair school, so we got all the lectures on the handling of classified documents, and we were not allowed to take the service manuals out of the vault nor discuss outside of the vault what we had learned.

Hillary is guilty of plenty of violations of the law, so you can't say we have "nothing." But some think she is above the law. The only thing we don't know is who threatened James Comey, and with what?

There is enough on Hillary that it was a big reason for her election loss. That, and the fact that she would have been an extension of the Obama regime.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Good info. We need to establish the complete timeline of events.
"1. June 2016: FISA request. The Obama administration files a request with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several advisers. The request, uncharacteristically, is denied. 2. July: Russia joke. Wikileaks releases emails from the Democratic National Committee that show an effort to prevent Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) from winning the presidential nomination. In a press conference, Donald Trump refers to Hillary Clinton’s own missing emails, joking: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” That remark becomes the basis for accusations by Clinton and the media that Trump invited further hacking.
3. October: Podesta emails. In October, Wikileaks releases the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, rolling out batches every day until the election, creating new mini-scandals. The Clinton campaign blames Trump and the Russians.
4. October: FISA request. The Obama administration submits a new, narrow request to the FISA court, now focused on a computer server in Trump Tower suspected of links to Russian banks. No evidence is found — but the wiretaps continue, ostensibly for national security reasons, Andrew McCarthy at National Review later notes. The Obama administration is now monitoring an opposing presidential campaign using the high-tech surveillance powers of the federal intelligence services.
5. January 2017: Buzzfeed/CNN dossier. Buzzfeed releases, and CNN reports, a supposed intelligence “dossier” compiled by a foreign former spy. It purports to show continuous contact between Russia and the Trump campaign, and says that the Russians have compromising information about Trump. None of the allegations can be verified and some are proven false. Several media outlets claim that they had been aware of the dossier for months and that it had been circulating in Washington.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...e-trump-tower/

Old 03-06-2017, 06:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Jason Chaffetz (R), head of the oversight committee just said during an interview on this subject "we know stuff like this has happened in the past, the Obama administration is known to do such things. It's even happened to me. At one point 40 Secret Service agents dug into my records illegally so it does happen".

He then went on to say "at the time, all it did was generate a one day story and then it was just glossed over".

Old 03-06-2017, 06:38 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"We are yet to see any case filed against him"

And we WON'T!

He was fired for NOT telling Pence, NOT what he did.
Trump knew he lied weeks before. Why did he wait until the wapo story came out to fire him?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:41 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
She was investigated more times by republicans with sharpened pitchforks and came away unscathed. Moral fiber..........as in ability to stand up to excruciating scrutiny and survive. Trump can't take a backhanded complement with out threatening to sue the pants off someone. How do you think he'll do testifying in front of a room full of pissed off senators? Her only crimes are in the 6 inches of airspace between an alt right's ears. Issa sure struck out every time at bat.
Criminals get away with many crimes before they caught. Some like Hillary never get caught.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:42 AM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Here is an excellent article by Stephen Hayes in the Weekly Standard -

"Either: the president used thinly sourced media reports to float a conspiracy theory about his predecessor and he was wrong; or, citing thinly sourced media reports, he overstated the details of an actual investigation into his activities or the activities of those around him, alleging presidential involvement without evidence; or, citing thinly sourced media reports, he accurately accused the former president of doing something highly illegal and accidentally uncovered what would surely be one of the biggest scandals in U.S. history. Whatever the case, the events of the last two days will undoubtedly have lasting effects"

Trump's Wiretap Claims: What We Know and What We Don't | The Weekly Standard

This story has an enormous number of moving parts. Try to keep open minds folks, none of us have any idea how this will conclude. Be wary of any statements made. Anyone with skin in the game has lawyered up. This won't fade into insignificance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I find it highly disturbing that you and others just take what this man says at face value when he has a proven track record of lying and making up stories"

The SAME can be said about Obama followers.

"Show me PROOF of the wiretapping. Sorry but Trump is not God and his word is not gospel."

Show me PROOF of the the collusion between Trump and Russia that the left and the LSM has been claiming for over a month now.

The left (which includes the LSM), had made a LOT of accusations. Many proven to be false.

As usual those on the opposing side like to distort what is ACTUALLY said and done.

Trump said, "I just found out" and has directed an investigation into the claim.

So, before everybody goes off half cocked and making a lot of accusations, let's see what the investigation finds.
What I suspect happened is that some statement that was made only on a Trump phone line, however minor, surfaced in the media or otherwise. My gut instinct is Trump has this right. Otherwise, why Comey's hysteria? I assume that Comey expected Hillary to win and that the FISA request would never become an issue.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

Step by step from the New York Times, Trumps home town.
Do you mean that because the Mexican owned blog calls itself the "New York" Times, it has something to do with Trump?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I have trump on video saying stupid things but you people voted him in anyway ,so what is your point ?
And we have Obama, Pelosi, reid, Hillary and many more dems saying stupid things and you STILL support them, so what is YOUR point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies