Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,708,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
My god, the twisted, tortured, and desperate efforts by the Trump supporters to defend Trump's lie--mostly by sinking deeper into conspiracy theory--is beyond comprehension, and reflects nothing less than the hijacking of their minds.

Trump LIED. He LIES ALL THE TIME. Wake up, people. Good lord.
Do you remember during the election when Trump's supporters complained that they were being portrayed as ignorant and dumb. After reading some of the posts from people who are obviously Trump supporters, one would have to admit that the portrait was really very accurate.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,764,634 times
Deplorables in a basket. The most honest thing Killary ever said in her life.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:13 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,222,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Do you remember during the election when Trump's supporters complained that they were being portrayed as ignorant and dumb. After reading some of the posts from people who are obviously Trump supporters, one would have to admit that the portrait was really very accurate.
To be fair, there are idiots on all sides.

I was talking to a friend the other day, because he was watching one of those Youtube videos where they interview some Hillary Clinton supporter, who is an idiot, and then present that person as if they are typical.

Usually the names on those videos are something like, "Liberals are idiots".

The same thing happens with Trump supporters. And it only takes a couple people, out of hundreds, or thousands, and for Trump's detractors, they are representative of all his supporters.

Beyond that, I think when you agree with someone, you hold them to a different standard than when you disagree with them.

Basically, if you agree with someone, you'll say, "Well he didn't say it well, but I understand what he meant, and he was right".

If you don't agree with someone, you often turn into a Grammar-Nazi, looking for fault in every word they say, assuming that, since they disagree with you, they must be stupid, naive, uneducated, irrational, etc.

I mean, if your worldview came from your immense experience, knowledge, and logic; Then if someone doesn't share your worldview, they must be lacking in one, if not all.

What else could it be?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
Don't worry...Comey will change his mind next week.

Then change it again.

And again.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,222,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Deplorables in a basket. The most honest thing Killary ever said in her life.
That statement probably cost her the election.

What exactly is a deplorable? And who gets to set the standard here?

I mean, by my standard, the leftist "protesters" have been pretty deplorable ever since Trump won the election. And to a Christian, the political-left is overloaded with degenerates.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:24 AM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Monday morning headline: Trump to Comey: You're Fired!

And to think, Comey was Trump's champion just a few short months ago...
The champion who didn't have the balls to follow through on two huge occasions, if not more.

F the fbi and C the cia and erase the Epa and audit the irs, sue the doj, and let's stop letting the losers in Congress, D.C., etc. waste another taxpayer's dime.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:17 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,857,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
We're all assuming these transcripts were the result of American surveillance. But our allies have intercepted communications between the Trump campaign and the Russian Intelligence Service.

U.S. Allies Conduct Intelligence Operation Against Trump Staff and Associates, Intercepted Communications

Good article. I love it that Kim Jong Trump, "went ballistic" because Jeff Sessions recusing himself, stole the thunder from Trump's one day of basking in the glow from his Presidential address .... all of us who haven't drank the Trump Koolaid, knew he would not be able to keep the lid on his insanity for 48 hours,lol,lol,lol!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
My god, the twisted, tortured, and desperate efforts by the Trump supporters to defend Trump's lie--mostly by sinking deeper into conspiracy theory--is beyond comprehension, and reflects nothing less than the hijacking of their minds.

Trump LIED. He LIES ALL THE TIME. Wake up, people. Good lord.
They all lie.

Barack H. Obama is a liar's liar.

'You can keep your doctor and keep your health plan if you like it.".

Hillary Clinton: "We dodged gunfire getting off that plane".

Remember these?

Old 03-06-2017, 04:08 AM

89,103 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
"The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing [by the Trump campaign], the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House."

--New York Times, Jan 19, 2017
Yep. We already know Clapper lied about it this past weekend. Not the first time Clapper lied to Congress and/or the public. Seems Comey lied about this, as well.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 4,382,459 times
Default A Conspiracy Theory’s Journey From Talk Radio to Trump’s Twitter

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/u...cy-theory.html

Step by step from the New York Times, Trumps home town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies