Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it in the National Interest for Obama to have Tapped Trump's Telephones?
No - Obama abused his power 136 84.47%
Yes - Obama was protecting Americans 25 15.53%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 07:31 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Let's stop right here. How do we know that a "wiretap" (which it wasn't, that's something completely different) "came up with nothing"? If you're basing that on the fact that charges haven't been filed yet, then that's silly since investigations involving routine fraud can often take years to conclude. We know nothing about the scope of the investigation, the scope of the warrants, the sources of the intelligence (how much HUMINT vs SIGINT), etc. As far as we can tell, we are still more or less in a fact finding stage. It doesn't mean they "came up with nothing" because an indictment hasn't come down. It's not even clear a sitting President can be indicted.

Just look how long it took to put together RICO cases against John Gotti and other mobsters. This would likely be far more complex than American mob cases since foreign intelligence and foreign sources may be involved.

You can't do that in federal court. And the judges, as we noted earlier, are appointed by Chief Justice Roberts.

You're right. Conservatives don't care about public policy.
Except that John Gotti was not running for president. There was no urgency, and law enforcement had all the time in the world to make sure all their ducks were in a row to ensure a conviction. The Trump situation is completely different. Do you really believe that evidence of Russian collusion would not have leaked out before the voting took place? That every single FBI agent wouldn't have thought it their patriotic duty? If it were me and there were evidence, I would have leaked it myself. And I am a Trump supporter.

As to your other issue, you are blinded by your own partisanship. You lack the capacity to see things clearly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 07:38 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Without further information it's impossible to know.

1. If Trump was surveiled, was it the result of a properly authorized FISA warrant?
2. If a warrant was issued, who initiated the process and why?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That is WHY your characterization of how the wiretap came about is wrong, and intentionally misleading.

Comments like yours lead to ZERO credibility for those who make them, which is why Trump has no credibility outside of his base.

What is your's n9w that you have acquiesced to it's existence?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:51 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama has apparently tapped Trump's telephones.

He is only supposed to tap American's phones with court order and proof that nation is in danger.

This sounds more like political back stabbing. Some are calling it Obamagate.

What do you think?
Obamagate for sure.

They went after the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the DOJ, the Treasury Department, for wiretapping, electronic surveillance, whatever you want to call it, went after Trump and STILL couldn't pin exclusive evidence on Trump.

Obamagate for sure.

You telling me Barack Obama didn't know anything about his own agents going after the President Elect?

In the Obama administration's last days, some White House officials scrambled information about Russian efforts to undermine the Presidential election and about possible contacts between associates and President Elect Trump. In the final days of the Obama Administration, "The administration has expanded power of the NSA to shared globally intercepted personal communication with the government's 16 other intelligent agencies before applying privacy protection. So why would the do this going out the door?"

This has been going on since the Spring of last year, so almost a year!

Obama is a scumbucket.

So imagine how much of our money HE wasted on this!

Trillions!

And he still failed!

Trump is teflon

He ought to run the Apprentice on the side. He could use failed DNC employees as contestants.

Quote:
Obama also went after Hillary Clinton because it was "the Obama FBI" that alerted Congress to the existence of additional emails related to her investigation 11 days before Election Day.
No, Julian Assange went after Crooked Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-05-2017 at 08:03 AM..

Old 03-05-2017, 07:52 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Except that John Gotti was not running for president. There was no urgency, and law enforcement had all the time in the world to make sure all their ducks were in a row to ensure a conviction.
I don't see why this would be any different. The FBI allegedly took interest in the case after McCain passed on the Steele dossier last summer. That's a lot of human intelligence that has to be evaluated and a lot of financial information (if they have it) that has to be carefully reviewed before moving forward with a full presentation to Congress (and the public). If the FBI only received a FISA warrant in October, I'm not sure why you would think an investigation of this magnitude and with such serious ramifications would be tidily wrapped up in 4-5 months. If you were in fact going to accuse a sitting President of treason (which has never been done in the history of the Republic), I would imagine you'd want the most thorough investigation possible.

Quote:
Do you really believe that evidence of Russian collusion would not have leaked out before the voting took place? That every single FBI agent wouldn't have thought it their patriotic duty? If it were me and there were evidence, I would have leaked it myself. And I am a Trump supporter.
I think you're assuming that they had all the facts prior to November 8. We know the FBI had the Steele dossier prior to Election Day and Comey didn't leak that (for good reason).

Quote:
As to your other issue, you are blinded by your own partisanship. You lack the capacity to see things clearly.
And how do you know that I'm not a socially moderate Republican?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:54 AM

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Obamagate for sure.

They went after the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the DOJ, the Treasury Department, for wiretapping, electronic surveillance, whatever you want to call it, went after Trump and STILL couldn't pin exclusive evidence on Trump.

Obamagate for sure.

You telling me Barack Obama didn't know anything about his own agents going after the President Elect?

In the final days of the Obama Administration, "The administration has expanded power of the NSA to shared globally intercepted personal communication with the government's 16 other intelligent agencies before applying privacy protection. So why would the do this going out the door?"

Obama is a scumbucket.
Obama also went after Hillary Clinton because it was "the Obama FBI" that alerted Congress to the existence of additional emails related to her investigation 11 days before Election Day.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:09 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
So now it's Trickem dickem dunk em and now Tap em?

Nice.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:30 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Without further information it's impossible to know.

1. If Trump was surveiled, was it the result of a properly authorized FISA warrant?
2. If a warrant was issued, who initiated the process and why?
LOCK HER UP should be replaced with LOCK HIM UP (Obama)

Biggest potential scandal ever in US history.

Multiple sources confirming wiretaps. If anything of importance was found it would have been leaked all over before the election.

A check of the CNN website its oddly subdued on the Trump tweets very much out of character for them.

This is about to get even more interesting.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
The thing with Trumps personality is he needs some one to hate, i first noticed this early in the election when he hated on all his hapless Rupublican opponents giving them juvenile little nicknames then it went full bore with Hillary.
After that it was the press,the intel community,Muslims,Mexicans,women,liberals now its Obama.IMO this trait is going to grow and could cause dangerous consequences when he starts putting this hate to world leaders,The guy has a form of psychosis that in no way will produce a greater America under his leadership
Quote:
psy·cho·sis

noun: psychosis; plural noun: psychoses
  1. a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:15 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:

....And how do you know that I'm not a socially moderate Republican?
Because I have read many of your posts on this forum. If you are, you are very good at hiding it.

I am a socially moderate Republican. I would even go so far as to say I am a socially liberal Republican. Which is why I am able to recognize the flaws of both parties, which is something that seems to escape your grasp as demonstrated by the statements that sparked this part of our conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies