Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 10:13 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,594,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
nah , i don't think you understood.

Taxpayers do not have money machine in their basements.

Sovereign governments DO have a money machine in their basements.

Our system creates trillions with the "money machine" that it gives to the private sector financial system. Then it goes begging to the taxpayer to fund government with mostly wage taxes, while the capital markets go wild with 'printed money.'

It's one set of easy rules for Wall Street, and another totally different set of rules for the people trying to fund their government's social programs.
Which sovereign governments have money machine in their basements?

The US, UK, EU, Japan etc.?

I can only think of China.

Just FYI, the central banks, taking the printing press away from the government, were created as independent banks with the specific goal to prevent governments from printing their way out of debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Put down the bong and step awaaaaayy from the calculator.

Wtf are you taking about?

See if you can grasp this concept:

There is no "X" amount of wealth in the world.

The "1%" cannot "hog" 90% of the wealth because there can be no percentage of an infinite number.

My 100k buys me the same things that someone else's 50k buys.

Just more of it.

That has nothing to do with wealth....because there is nothing that prevents someone making 50k today from making 100k eventually.

Do you think I always made the same amount I do now?

Do you know why I don't make 200k?
Why I stopped discussing with him.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:59 AM

26,562 posts, read 15,132,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
How did Obama's economics work for poor whites or poor anybody? The unaffordable care act. Made health care even more unaffordable. From where I'm sitting I don't see either party helping the poor.
Obama's Trickle Down Economics was great for well to do people.

Top One Percent Captured 121 Percent Of All Income Gains During Recovery's First Years: Study | The Huffington Post

How Quantitative Easing Helps the Rich and Soaks the Rest of Us - Reason.com

Meanwhile, the net jobs we gained do not have the same salary and benefits as the jobs we lost.

People on Food Stamps (SNAP) remain at higher levels than before the recession despite a "recovery."

Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 AM

20,171 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Obama was a good speaker, just so much of it was spoken in platitudes. He quit being President the second year of his second term. Quit working to get anything passed, that's why his legacy was written in sand.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I did.
You even edited it out here to avoid it.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,603,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Which sovereign governments have money machine in their basements?

The US, UK, EU, Japan etc.?

I can only think of China.

Just FYI, the central banks, taking the printing press away from the government, were created as independent banks with the specific goal to prevent governments from printing their way out of debt.
Governments do get new money with the same ease, Central bank or not, it's called "debt" when central banks are involved. Much of the "debt" governments incur these day spent to mitigate self-destructing propensity of the monopolized free market to trickle money and wealth up thus freezing economic activities. Since redistribution of wealth is an anathema concept, they just create new money and watch the money predictably trickling up to create the levels of inequality unseen before.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:35 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,807,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL. Where do you think Buffett got his first investment? He borrowed from some rich guys. How about Steve Jobs? He borrowed from some rich guys. How about google? Same story.

They only had brains.

Also there are plenty of penny and dollar stocks available. Not every one is Google or Apple.
Actually Buffet started out with about 100k in today's money from saving and he did it in a different era of course. It takes money to make money why anyone is trying to argue this is laughable to me. Trickle down is a sham. It's already been proven in history that it doesn't work..it just sounds good on paper, but doesn't transfer well into the real world.

It would in a country that doesn't let the top 1 percent screw over everyone else, but not in this one. The US isn't true capitalism it's corporate capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The average person with a pension, 401K, IRA, etc., is indeed benefiting. The fact that you and so many others can't comprehend that is quite telling.

Too many Americans are financially illiterate, and that leads to a lot of misplaced envy and class warfare. Please, everyone... get a clue!!!
You're talking about retirement!!! That is not the same thing and it's nothing compared to what a true big dog is doing in the stock market on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. I'm talking personal brokerage accounts that a 30something would use. The fact that you can't comprehend the difference is quite telling you're nowhere near the level I'm at. I've been on TDAmeritrade since I was in my 20's and Having a few bucks taken ot out your paycheck every other week doesn't make you financially literate sorry.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:07 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,603,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Put down the bong and step awaaaaayy from the calculator.

Wtf are you taking about?

See if you can grasp this concept:

There is no "X" amount of wealth in the world.

The "1%" cannot "hog" 90% of the wealth because there can be no percentage of an infinite number.

My 100k buys me the same things that someone else's 50k buys.

Just more of it.

That has nothing to do with wealth....because there is nothing that prevents someone making 50k today from making 100k eventually.

Do you think I always made the same amount I do now?

Do you know why I don't make 200k?
Again you refuse to examine the root causes of 100k purchasing power, and it is abundance of 20k and 1k jobs. Since you do not trade money, ultimately you trade time of your life working, it means that people trading 10 hours of their life for 1 hour of yours allow you to buy more then them not speaking of the rest. Normally free uncoerced people do not allow 1:10 exchange rates, not speaking of 1:1000,000+ time rate exchange top 1% enjoys. It take enormous coercive machinery to force people into such exchanges. Since you were born into slavery and get a few peanuts you do not perceive reality you were born into as a product of mighty bloody evolution.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:12 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,807,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Again you refuse to examine the root causes of 100k purchasing power, and it is abundance of 20k and 1k jobs. Since you do not trade money, ultimately you trade time of your life working, it means that people trading 10 hours of their life for 1 hour of yours allow you to buy more then them not speaking of the rest. Normally free uncoerced people do not allow 1:10 exchange rates, not speaking of 1:1000,000+ time rate exchange top 1% enjoys. It take enormous coercive machinery to force people into such exchanges. Since you were born into slavery and get a few peanuts you do not perceive reality you were born into as a product of mighty bloody evolution.
Right because it takes money to make money the top 1 percent want everything to stay exactly the way it is now because the system is working for them beautifully. The system they want is one where the masses are stuck in a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle and can't break out of it.

Time is an investment and time is money. When you're working for someone else all you're doing is making someone else richer

Last edited by wanderlust76; 03-12-2017 at 12:20 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Right because it takes money to make money the top 1 percent want everything to stay exactly the way it is now because the system is working for them beautifully. The system they want is one where the masses are stuck in a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle and can't break out of it.

Time is an investment and time is money. When you're working for someone else all you're doing is making someone else richer
Steve Jobs had no money. What did he do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies