Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:35 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,836,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I find it odd that under Islamic law, a person steals and they dismember the person, but if a bunch of men/boys rape a woman/girl, it is applauded.

Islam is such a backwards ideology.

They called themselves the intellectual progressives....
I call them the dumbass regressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,025,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I find it odd that under Islamic law, a person steals and they dismember the person, but if a bunch of men/boys rape a woman/girl, it is applauded.

Islam is such a backwards ideology.
Huh?

https://islamqa.info/en/72338

"The punishment for rape in Islam is same as the punishment for zina, which is stoning if the perpetrator is married, and one hundred lashes and banishment for one year if he is not married."

"Secondly:

The rapist is subject to the hadd punishment for zina, even if the rape was not carried out at knife-point or gun-point. If the use of a weapon was threatened, then he is a muhaarib, and is to be subjected to the hadd punishment described in the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The recompense of those who wage war against Allaah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter

Old 03-09-2017, 09:51 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,547,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
“The recompense of those who wage war against Allaah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter
What kind of medieval barbaric crap is this?!

Islamic reformation. Now. Please come join the rest of the modern world.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,134,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We are the same-- do not point fingers when we do much worse, because we do have laws and look the other way when convenient

Stanford swimmer gets jailed only 6 months for sexually assaulting unconscious woman | New York Post

Student Spared Jail for Raping Mentally Disabled Boy With Coat Hanger

Massachusetts student accused of rape only receives probation - NY Daily News

IMHO - rapists and child molesters- should have the Lorena cut- - as punishment
Notice how every Conservative just scrolled past this post as if it doesn't exist?

This thread is selective outrage at its finest.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Notice how every Conservative just scrolled past this post as if it doesn't exist?

This thread is selective outrage at its finest.
I dare not speak for anyone else, but did it occur to you that these incidents have nothing to do with the actual topic at hand, and because of that fact you really have no idea at all how the "conservatives" of the board responded to those other events when they occurred?

I get that obfuscation is a great tactic for injecting one's "opinion" into an unpleasant topic that they don't want ANYONE else discussing, but it only works with distracted people willing to allow the subject to be changed.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This thread is based on outrage because in Sweden a Muslim rapist got off without punishment. And all of the conservative responses in this thread perpetrate that outrage--only because it's about a Muslim, and because our so-called president slammed Sweden a few days ago. Otherwise, they would care nothing at all about this story. But when the idiot in chief lies about something, the cult goes into overdrive to validate the lie. That's what this thread is based on.

The fact that white, Christian rapists get away with little or no punishment here in the States as well has everything to do with the topic at hand, because it illustrates the right wing cognitive dissonance when it comes to Muslims. I'm truly sorry you weren't bright enough to connect the dots by yourself, but you're welcome.
If you have to be a dick to get your point across, it's because your point is quite wobbly. You want people to offer you a resume of retroactive outrage in order for you to see them as sincere thinkers. Got it.

For me personally, I don't give a crap what an anonymous internetter thinks about my involvement in a thread about an injustice against a child. You obviously don't know my personal history of opinions on these issues, so you just come across as silly and uninformed, building an argument out of nothing because *gasp* people are talking about bad Muslims. I'll get over your scorn and rebuild.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:48 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,025,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What kind of medieval barbaric crap is this?!

Islamic reformation. Now. Please come join the rest of the modern world.
So we're accused of being rapists but when we exhibit how seriously we take rape, we're not modern.

You'd rather violent rapists walk the streets again? Spend a year or two in a Cush "prison" until they get out on parole?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:49 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,483,173 times
As usual Leftists defending the indefensible.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
So we're accused of being rapists but when we exhibit how seriously we take rape, we're not modern.

You'd rather violent rapists walk the streets again? Spend a year or two in a Cush "prison" until they get out on parole?
Who was accusing you of anything? Nobody is talking about you in this thread. Get over yourself.

And then you go from one extreme to the next! Modulate, dude! I support a fair legal system that investigates, prosecutes, and punishes guilty people according to fair law. Torture and mutilation are punishments doled out only in barbaric and ignorant societies.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:56 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,080,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
OMG have you people heard of Brock Turner? Idiocy.
Yeah. That was a disgrace too. But at least Stanford kicked Brock out and now everyone in the country and many in the world knows he's a POS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies