Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:50 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“I’m an Immigrant Who Grew Up Under Communism So I Know All About Equality”
What an odd quote, it praises communism and says that communism values equality,
in the same way that "I grew up in America so I know all about freedom" would be a positive.
Maybe something got garbled in her broken English.
Actually someone that grew up under communism and has then lived in the US understands about equality and freedom wayyyyy more than the average person that just grew up in the US does.

Your tacky attempt driven by politics to rebrand her statement as "praising communism" just makes you look desperate and unethical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Agreed.

They were forever accusing both Mrs. Obama and her husband of benefiting from affirmative action, completely disregarding how American their story actually is - neither born of wealthy parents and yet both able to attend and graduate from Ivy League schools and attain greatness.

Meanwhile, they slobber all over a man who was basically born on third base and his third wife who waltzed into the country and did nothing more strenuous than expose her "assets" and marry money.

Just goes to show that all their talk about pulling one's self up by the bootstraps is only relevant for a certain segment of the population.
Yup, nailed it. Reserved for the lighter (or Asian) colored people in this country, everyone else, affirmative action.

Their mindset:

Two people who reached their accomplishments without power, money and connections, but oh, they happened to be black = affirmative action

A man who was born into money and received a small loan of seven figures = that's a great guy I can relate to, who really cares about/relates to middle America

Give me a bleepin' break.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:54 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think you need to sit down and talk with Melania. I am sure that statement would have her enlightening you a little better... about an unfair generalization.
These types of comments usually come from people who tend to observe others from the outside. Always thinking women who are with their children are rarely talented beyond the cookie stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And where would Donald Trump and George W. Bush have been without their fathers money and influence?

Checkmate.
Not the same........families are suppose to help each other. One should never get special treatment, isn't this a progressive thinking point? The problem with the left they're embarrassed to tell their supporters they made it with the help of money. Nothing wrong with parents leaving money behind for their children, its what the children do with the money that makes them who they are. From what I have heard, President Trump has given thousands away to children with cancer and other things. While the children in Haiti have seen nothing from all the money donated to the Clinton Foundation.

Hillary for one can't decide if her dad was rich or poor, a good husband or father, until she sees which one best suits her poor me story.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:55 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Never compare a Beautiful, elegant, soft spoken woman like Melania Trump, with that disgusting, America hating racist POS Moochelle Obama.

And by the way, Isn't George Bush a Yale grad? And you libs considered him too stupid to live?
You don't even want to go there. Oh wait, you did, so I'll follow through on comparing the biographies of Melania and Michelle Obama. Just like Donald Trump vs. Barack Obama, Melania and Michelle can't even BEGIN to compare in their accomplishments. Michelle is a Princeton and Harvard Law School graduate, former lawyer at a law firm and associate dean at a university, and Melania is a former model and college dropout.

She's a legal immigrant and trophy wife to Donald Trump, elegant and beautiful to be sure, but definitely not as accomplished. As for all the supposedly unflattering pictures of Mrs. Obama, that's a joke too. Mrs. Obama is a real human being who likes to dance and have fun, not a plastic Barbie doll whose only purpose is to be arm candy for her husband. But of course, women still suffer the old double standard of always being judged by how they look and nothing else, which does them a grave disservice. Education, job experience, and brains matter.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually someone that grew up under communism and has then lived in the US understands about equality and freedom wayyyyy more than the average person that just grew up in the US does.

Your tacky attempt driven by politics to rebrand her statement as "praising communism" just makes you look desperate and unethical.
Thanks for addressing this......it was an off the wall response, goes with those who think she is a spy. The stories they think of making up just to share some Trump hate.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:01 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
It's sad\funny to watch so many people grind political axes attacking the other parties first ladies....whom are by any unbiased observation are smart and successful with kids that are educated and thriving.

In short, they've all accomplished much much more than the vast majority of half-crazed political nutjobs posting here.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:05 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You missed the whole point of my post. Nobody elected Hillary to change health care, or anything else for that matter. She earned her criticisms.

Michelle Obama and Melania Trump haven't done anything to earn such hate from either side.

It says more about the people posting than it does about the First Ladies.
It truly does.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's sad\funny to watch so many people grind political axes attacking the other parties first ladies....whom are by any unbiased observation are smart and successful with kids that are educated and thriving.

In short, they've all accomplished much much more than the vast majority of half-crazed political nutjobs posting here.
Please. The amount of "hate" Melania receives doesn't even come close to the disgusting remarks about Michelle's appearance, the immature nicknames given to her and the ease in which they discredit all of her accomplishments.

I also didn't realize being a college dropout and a model were accomplishments.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:10 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Please. The amount of "hate" Melania receives doesn't even come close to the disgusting remarks about Michelle's appearance, the immature nicknames given to her and the ease in which they discredit all of her accomplishments.

I also didn't realize being a college dropout and a model were accomplishments.
Well, I'm sure you feel good helping to match those numbers. Keep up the gross work!! The more you can spew out the immature nicknames for Melania, the more you'll even that score you're keeping. The lefts revenge is in prime condition! Have fun with that! The high road is boring anyway.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Well, I'm sure you feel good helping to match those numbers. Keep up the gross work!! The more you can spew out the immature nicknames for Melania, the more you'll even that score you're keeping. The lefts revenge is in prime condition! Have fun with that! The high road is boring anyway.
I have nothing bad to say about Melania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
From what I've seen, there's no reason to hate either Melania or Michelle. Now the people who had no problem calling Michelle "Mooch" are now demanding respect for the current First Lady.
Here's a towel to wipe that egg off your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies