Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 AM

39,315 posts, read 27,692,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
This isn't going to destroy ISIS. Perhaps as a State and infrastructure...but then they move underground and re-locate once again.

The ME and Africa is too de-stabilized for them not to. They'll re-trench in Afghanistan, Yemen, or Mali.

My cousins just defeated them in Libya so inshaAllah (God willing) they are done there.
Your cousins never defeated them. Let's be honest about it.

Maybe your cousins should do more, so my friends don't have to do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,020,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How do you destroy an ideology? You can kill people, you can kill the leaders, but more will take up the banner and fight on.
You can't really. I believe the strategy should be to promote mainstream Islamist Governments and general stability. This gives the social conversatives in the region a pause as their societies will not be slipping in to liberalism (nothing to rise up against) and the stability and security squeezes out places that groups like ISIS can operate.

20 years ago OBL and Zawahiri had very few places to set up a base other than Afghanistan. Saudi Arabia kicked them out, Sudan kicked them out...now the ME and Africa is open season for these groups.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Your cousins never defeated them. Let's be honest about it.

Maybe your cousins should do more, so my friends don't have to do anything.
Huh?

Islamic State shifts to Libya's desert valleys after Sirte defeat | Reuters

They've been driven in to hiding in the deserts and out to Mali and Chad.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBUCKS View Post
Not doing something about ISIS is as bad as not bombing Auschwitz or standing by doing nothing during the awful machete genocide in Rwanda! Never again!
Bombing Auschwitz? Why? To speed up the genocide?

ISIS has been beat up, and will soon disappear, or more morph into something new. Unlike Iraq invasion, this war has been fought the right way. We trained the locals to fight and defeat the enemy, which they have done, and the US has played a role, but a much smaller one. It is almost over. From what I heard, the Marines are there to help prevent the ISIS leadership from escaping the collapsing cities.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Huh?

Islamic State shifts to Libya's desert valleys after Sirte defeat | Reuters

They've been driven in to hiding in the deserts and out to Mali and Chad.
huh? So you are suggesting ISIS has been destroyed by your cousins?

I understand the point you are making, and I believe the Muslims should clean house themselves. Maybe your cousins can take care of business themselves. If so, it is a win win for everybody.

I just care about my Marines, if they are sent to war, I don't want them to deal with ridiculous rules of engagement and I want the war to be short. That is all. I can care less what is happening over there.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:29 AM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Again, there is a reality world and a fantasy world.

This is American politics we are talking about. A quick war is better than a long one.
NO war when it's easily avoidable is even better.

I thought Trump wasn't a politician and was going to change American politics? This is a fine place/time to start.

Quote:
What you two said are all good, but it will never happen.
I just don't like that word never, I have to believe that even idiots learn after hitting themselves with a hammer multiple times that it's actually the source of their pain and eventually put the hammer down.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,723,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Hope Russia Deploys theirs.

They are aimed at the same target this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
NO war when it's easily avoidable is even better.

I thought Trump wasn't a politician and was going to change American politics? This is a fine place/time to start.

I just don't like that word never, I have to believe that even idiots learn after hitting themselves with a hammer multiple times that it's actually the source of their pain and eventually put the hammer down.
well, I'd rather deal with now because it is the Marines who have to die.

Between Hillary and Trump, I think Trump is less of a hawk. plus, he is not going to fight two wars at the same time. Both (Hillary and Trump) will have to deal with ISIS (well, this is the reality, I don't like it, but I know this is the reality)

So it is better sending in the Artillery guys.

Quote:
huh? So you are suggesting ISIS has been destroyed by your cousins?

I understand the point you are making, and I believe the Muslims should clean house themselves. Maybe your cousins can take care of business themselves. If so, it is a win win for everybody.

I just care about my Marines, if they are sent to war, I don't want them to deal with ridiculous rules of engagement and I want the war to be short. That is all. I can care less what is happening over there.
I still don't know where you're going with the latter. There are no US marines in Libya and they performed all of the ground-fighting themselves. They did "clean house". I'm being very specific to Libya when I say they have been defeated *there* as a City-State.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I still don't know where you're going with the latter. There are no US marines in Libya and they performed all of the ground-fighting themselves. They did "clean house". I'm being very specific to Libya when I say they have been defeated *there* as a City-State.
well, the point I am making is that I don't care what is happening over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies