Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Damn dude, how much do you get paid to choke up on that Trump D all day? Does that gig come with health insurance?

He's a Trump supporter so that would be a NO...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 09:58 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Did I touch on a nerve here? Are you one of those who voted for Trump and will find yourself unable to afford insurance soon? Tsk..

I really don't give a hoot about the Trumpsters who voted for the orange buffoon into office and are now reaping what they are sowing... Like evilcart, I too live in a blue donor state and also get free insurance.

Hopefully, the reports in the article will expose the hypocrisy of what Trump is doing and get folks to contact their reps in Congress to demand better!
How do you get free insurance?
Or do you mean employer provided insurance?

Old 03-15-2017, 10:01 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
So much for healthcare for all...

"A new analysis by Nate Cohn of the Upshot confirms that Trump supporters may have the most to lose from the GOP plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. This chart summarizes its key finding, which is that those groups that stand to lose the most in subsidies to pay for health coverage on the individual market backed Trump

.... the GOP plan, which replaces Obamacare’s subsidies with a tax credit scheme, ends up offering less financial assistance to older, lower-income Americans, particularly in rural areas where premiums are higher — groups that tended to support Trump. On top of that, the plan would permit for higher premiums on older Americans (which is one reason AARP opposes it)."

With the decrease in financial assistance, when you have to pick between feeding your family (not an iphone!) OR healthcare, which do you think people will pick?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.aa23d7e63896

Waiting to hear cries of fake news, skewed reports, etc.

AARP opposes it because Obamacare pressures seniors to buy AARP's medigap insurance.

How AARP's support for ObamaCare was bought and paid for | Fox News

Old 03-15-2017, 10:45 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
two ways of looking at it Ziggy.

1 they continue to support populists like Trump and we can bask in the knowledge that they are hurting themselves much more than they are hurting the left.

2 They learn a hard lesson and either retreat from supporting the right, or shift back to the left.

either one works for me, I feel sorry for their kids, but the adults chose to vote for Trump. Now they can enjoy the fruits. Lower pay, higher taxes, no healthcare and the never ending brain drain. That is what your guys voted for, and that is what you get.

Many of us blue state people are fine. Our states are busy knocking back his bs, and will continue to do so. Maybe we will lose some battles but we will win many of them.

When was the last time you and your buddies won a battle?

Democratic Party is in shambles because it abandoned white males - Sentinel & Enterprise

Old 03-16-2017, 01:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Watching him scream and yell in Nashville tonight, surrounded by adoring rubes who probably don't know the difference between a stethoscope and a dipstick reminds me that the abortion presently called the (whatever they are calling it) hurting these rubes is really not going to upset me one bit.

Let 'em suffer. They literally asked for it. (My sympathies to thinking people)

Old 03-16-2017, 04:02 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
No one is entitled to health care paid for by anyone else. Stop being a parasite and a sponger!

Seniors are entitled to Medicare because they paid for it. Same deal with social security.

Let Obamacare die. Welfare should be only for those who have paid a lot of taxes.

Keep the government out of health care, housing and education, and watch prices drop to what people can afford.

It's time to go back to the Constitution, which is about freedom and making it on your own.

If people want to give money to the less fortunate (or lazy), that's their privilege.

But my tax dollars shouldn't pay for any of that. Lazy good for nothing bums!

Old 03-16-2017, 04:12 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
So much for healthcare for all...

"A new analysis by Nate Cohn of the Upshot confirms that Trump supporters may have the most to lose from the GOP plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. This chart summarizes its key finding, which is that those groups that stand to lose the most in subsidies to pay for health coverage on the individual market backed Trump

.... the GOP plan, which replaces Obamacare’s subsidies with a tax credit scheme, ends up offering less financial assistance to older, lower-income Americans, particularly in rural areas where premiums are higher — groups that tended to support Trump. On top of that, the plan would permit for higher premiums on older Americans (which is one reason AARP opposes it)."

With the decrease in financial assistance, when you have to pick between feeding your family (not an iphone!) OR healthcare, which do you think people will pick?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.aa23d7e63896

Waiting to hear cries of fake news, skewed reports, etc.

Trumpcare will be a disaster(as is Trump), I call it Trumpcare becuase he is the one pushing it.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:55 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Did I touch on a nerve here? Are you one of those who voted for Trump and will find yourself unable to afford insurance soon? Tsk..

I really don't give a hoot about the Trumpsters who voted for the orange buffoon into office and are now reaping what they are sowing... Like evilcart, I too live in a blue donor state and also get free insurance.

Hopefully, the reports in the article will expose the hypocrisy of what Trump is doing and get folks to contact their reps in Congress to demand better!
I am surely no Trump supporter, my BS detector started going off the first time I saw he was running for office. But I know plenty of my neighbors who voted for him that I do "give a hoot" about. Just because they made a foolish decision at the ballot box does not mean they are worthless, or that they are all "rubes" or "hicks". That was more or less what Clinton was saying with her "basket of deplorable" statement which I thought was a stupid generalization. She surely said some dumb stuff at times. Clearly there are some hard liners and far Right whackos supporting Trump that I DON'T condone in any way, but many rural and blue collar Americans voted for him in good faith. They are going to get screwed, along with the rest of us, and I have a lot of empathy for them.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I am surely no Trump supporter, my BS detector started going off the first time I saw he was running for office. But I know plenty of my neighbors who voted for him that I do "give a hoot" about. Just because they made a foolish decision at the ballot box does not mean they are worthless, or that they are all "rubes" or "hicks". That was more or less what Clinton was saying with her "basket of deplorable" statement which I thought was a stupid generalization. She surely said some dumb stuff at times. Clearly there are some hard liners and far Right whackos supporting Trump that I DON'T condone in any way, but many rural and blue collar Americans voted for him in good faith. They are going to get screwed, along with the rest of us, and I have a lot of empathy for them.
Maybe you guys should wait and see what happens.

Nah, that wouldn't make any sense.

And anyway, everything is just so "great" under the collapsing and unaffordable Obamacare.

Right.

My own position: let it collapse, and don't replace it with anything.

Pay your own way, people.

Government does not belong in health care.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:28 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Trump's hard-line supporters don't care. You have to understand their insane reasoning to see how we got here:

- Bigotry is a big part of it for some of them. They honestly don't care if they are worse off provided the people they hate are MUCH worse off

- Everything is always "somebody else's fault" or "the fault of the government" with those types. They lack the wit and self-reflection to understand that their actions have consequences. It wouldn't matter if you showed it to them in simple terms; they still will never admit that their voting for the Dumpster led to them being worse off. It will always be the fault of: "The Democrats / the government / minorities / the black, gay, Muslim coal miners that stole all their jobs."

Facts are useless when dealing with people that have no interest in them and who are motivated by various forms of hatred above all else: hatred of minorities, hatred of government, hatred of "evil liberals, etc." If Trump personally walked into their town, shut down all the jobs, and burned it to the ground, these types would STILL blame "Obama," and then would blame the government agencies that Trump de-funded for failing to help them fast enough... while at the same time considering that "proof that government is useless" - and thus they'd go out and vote for Trump again.

Are all Trump supporters like this? No, of course not. On the other hand, I know plenty of them, and not a single one of them lacks some form of bigoted or fact-free, anti-government motivation. They'll gladly cut off their nose to spite their face and wreck the nation just to prove their point. Sadly, with far too many of them, facts no longer matter. They'll just keep on voting Republican and against their nation as long as they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies