Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:44 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Denying a child a chance at an education is wrong. Period.

Making the decision to do so on the basis of having had the misfortune of having been born to illegal immigrants makes you no better than the Taliban, who based the decision on the child's misfortune of having been born a girl. Both are absolutely shameful.
Yep, it's hideous. This perfectly shows how cons are the most despicable people on the planet. Look no further.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:54 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
After all these years, the complaining continues. The solution is simple.

If we do not want illegals and their children in the USA, we should stop patronizing the people who hire them.

It could stop tomorrow, and all the students would go back to where they came from.
Thank you.

Why blame desperate people who need jobs? Blame the people who hire them.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:33 PM

24,014 posts, read 15,110,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Thank you.

Why blame desperate people who need jobs? Blame the people who hire them.
I personally do not care. IMO, we put the border patrol on the wrong border a long time ago. It should have been on the Red River. If they are here due to work, our penance is to educate and absorb their kids. Who thought they would remain celibate and single?

The illegals would not be desperately looking for work in the USA if USA citizens, businesses and institutions would stop destabilizing the economies in their home countries.

WE cannot take on the whole world to raise. Their best hope and ours is for their economy to work.

Now that the State department is cutting back, not much chance of that.

It is common knowledge among those who care to look, that some want to turn the rest of Central America into Belize. The developers in Houston learned a long time ago, if you want property cheap, just buy a few houses and rent them to dope dealers. Won't be long until the whole place wants to sell. It is just being done a grand scale in Central America.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:32 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Amazing how the 'news' changes when all of the facts in the article are known, read and put in context.

"...Sullivan said that entire situation was a “misunderstanding.” He sent an email to Hawaii News Now saying his comment refered to being unable to teach kids who are home...
When I read the article it sounded (this excerpt you quoted) & IMO, as if the teacher back-peddled, and pretty poorly, to cover his behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Yep. Unfortunately, it appears that most folks in this forum aren't going to bother with finding out all of the facts before spouting their prejudices towards "unauthorized migrants." And, the OP didn't even bother with trying to find the earlier thread on this very same topic in the "Illegal Immigration" sub-forum before starting this thread. Here's a link to the earlier thread…
https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ocumented.html
Facts regarding what, in this particular instance?

Illegals are criminals, they are breaking the law by being in this country. End of story.

Last edited by Informed Info; 03-13-2017 at 07:36 PM..

Old 03-13-2017, 06:33 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,386,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Why should my hard earned money that pays for property taxes go to teach an illegal.

Hawaii teacher under fire for saying he would not teach illegal immigrant students | Fox News
We subsidize fortune 400 companies and individual billionaires. Many like Trump don't even pay taxes. Why aren't you more outraged at that?

Old 03-13-2017, 06:37 PM

1,194 posts, read 727,455 times
Quote:
Many like Trump don't even pay taxes.
Please tell the "BS" to someone else!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
How many illegals are in the state of Hawaii. I would have to assume they are all folks who visas have expired. I also wonder how would this teacher know if one of his students is a illegal. I started out as a teacher and taught many illegals over the years. The law required I do so and suspect Hawaii has the same law. It would be interesting to see if that teacher would walk away from his/her job behind this.
I was thinking the same thing. What are the source countries? You need an ID to board a flight. Flights are costly. I'm not getter this one.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:21 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What ideally should happen is that those who employ undocumented workers be penalized for hiring them--and make it a penalty that will hurt enough that they stop.
That's a start.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:26 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Why should my hard earned money that pays for property taxes go to teach an illegal.
That's a bad/sad argument.
Illegals pay rent or a mortgage in buildings that pay property tax.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,477,534 times
Sounds like visa overstays with money - you can't walk to Hawaii.

The Migration Policy Institute estimated that about 20,000 unauthorized immigrants live in Hawaii. With a total population of about 1.4 million, those numbers make up about 1.4 percent of the total population of the state. A large percentage of those immigrants have been in the state for less than 10 years (77 percent).
About 7 percent of undocumented immigrants in the state come from Mexico. Most of the state’s undocumented immigrants come from the Philippines (48 percent) and Japan (14 percent),

Illegal Immigration Demographics in Hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies