Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The fact that So-called President pretended his intention was to share his tax returns (stated multiple times on campaign trail) & then, when elected, had his 'handler' inform the American people that he has no intention of doing so demonstrates he was & is ...

... unwilling to do the bare minimum.

He was unwilling to do the bare minimum as a Presidential candidate.

Why should the American people expect him to even do the bare minimum as President?

& why is he still on the campaign trail? It might be helpful if he made even a half-hearted attempt to do the job.
"The fact that So-called President"

Don't expect to get many of us to any further after that little childish remark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 11:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
The fact that So-called President pretended his intention was to share his tax returns (stated multiple times on campaign trail) & then, when elected, had his 'handler' inform the American people that he has no intention of doing so demonstrates he was & is ...

Why should the American people expect him to even do the bare minimum as President?

& why is he still on the campaign trail? It might be helpful if he made even a half-hearted attempt to do the job.
So-called?

Did you miss seeing the election results? If so, I'd be more than happy to post a link so you'd know Trump won. Have you been on some sort of "off the grid" vacation since November?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:55 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Question for you.... On my schedules, there's limited information. Although I have to keep documents and receipts to back up the numbers, there's not really anything noteworthy in the actual papers that I file.
If you are e-Filing, some softwares will allow you to upload supporting documents to transmit with your eFile submission. Additionally, when you use a software to eFile your return, while the printed return has limited information shown, the eFile schema includes all information entered from every supporting statement (1099's and such).

If you have to paper file, the filing instructions say to put W2's and 1099's in front of your 1040 and that any other statement you want to send should be arranged at the back of the filing package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
For example, my tax return isn't going to show which vendors I purchased supplies from, only the totals I spent. Would Trump's returns be any different, even if all the various schedules were provided?
While it won't answer which vendor you bought supplies from when you send/submit your return, if you are audited and provide the receipts (and other supporting documents), those get added to your package in their system. Because Trump's income values exceed the capacity of the eFile system, all of his returns are paper filed. And a good majority of them are audited for validity, which means receipts and other supporting documents not originally sent would actually be in the IRS file.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:20 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:

Funny the left wants to go by the exact word now....

Funny, but I remember a certain "someone" who said...nope not a tax......lied to everyone and the SC said, yep....it's a tax.....

Oh yea, where is the criteria for what the minimum is? For there to be a minimum, there has to be criteria, or policy.....so where is it? Not what presidents have done in the past, and if you go by the past, you'll also be disappointed....

But, facts are useless to the left....

Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are far, far, far more important things than 12 year old tax returns.

Maddow and MSNBC read the returns and knew what they said. They had lawyers pour over them and discuss what they meant.

There was nothing there but she still went with it. I've asked this a couple times now. Why?

Was staining her reputation worth a one night bump? Why?
Well Geraldo said he got 22 job offers after his fiasco on the empty Capone vault so I guess even bad attention is better than no attention. All for ratings. Too bad people give it to them.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:

If as you claim Trump was "unwilling to do the bare minimum as a candidate" and then he got elected then what exactly did Hillary and Bernie and the other candidates do? Less than Trump's less than bare minimum.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well Geraldo said he got 22 job offers after his fiasco on the empty Capone vault so I guess even bad attention is better than no attention. All for ratings. Too bad people give it to them.
The difference was Geraldo had no idea what was in that vault before he opened it. It just as easily could have contained any manner of riches,guns,records etc.

Maddow walked into that buzz saw KNOWING exactly what size the spinning blade was and hoped she's so famous and loved it would miss her and cut up Trump.
She failed...

Old 03-16-2017, 03:25 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Maddow gets the prize for proving the irrational derangement of so many in this topic.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...es-almost.html

Old 03-17-2017, 06:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
So it seems that it was indeed all for ratings.

Maddow

Forget your reputation, it's all about the ratings and the money that brings you. Yes, the money that brings you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies