Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I love how when it gets tough in Washington --- the whole Russian espionage thing, wiretapping allegations and a health care replacement act that is floundering, a party divided -- the beloved leader leaves town to get his pat on the back and accolades from his people.

Nothing says I'm here for the good of all my people than putting yourself out in front of them for the accolades.
" and a health care replacement act that is floundering,"

Th first step just PASSED in the House.

If you want to call that "floundering", you don't know the meaning of the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What do these rallies accomplish besides more division, the election is over why does he need this constant petting by his hard core supporters, is he that insecure.

His main ranting was regarding his travel ban, his budget proposal and ACA replacement was lost in the weeds.
But, it was OK when Obama did it over and over an you NEVER complained

We get it!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
And as a Trump supporter -- that's your biggest compliment -- to comment on how Trump supporters show up to support Trump.

You can't change the numbers -- he did not win the popular vote. Doesn't mean he didn't win -- but the truth is -- the majority of people did not vote for him.

Just like the majority of registered Republicans did not vote for him.

He has never and will never have the 'majority' of support.

Yes most Republicans will support him now because they are so blindly loyal to their party they would stay with a sinking ship or stinking ship (LOL) instead of admit their party is in trouble.
"but the truth is -- the majority of people did not vote for him."

The "majority" of people DON'T vote for most Presidents.

Almost half of the people don't vote PERIOD.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Honest question here, I'm actually looking for an answer and not just making a snarky remark....

Why is he still holding rallies? I can see if it was one of those typical things where the president visits a factory or a school or something, every president does that

But this was legit "just a rally." Trump, in front of a mic, venting to his supporters about what he's angry about. Why?
"Why is he still holding rallies?"

Why did Obama hold so many rallies?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Good for you, Waldo. You were right and I was wrong. I will admit I was completely shocked that he won. So why is he having his second rally in a month? He won. And? Rallies are for campaigning. They are for candidates who hope to win an election. He's already bagged the office. It's time for him to cease and desist with the whining, blaming, bragging, Tweeting, lying, rallying, and vacationing at Mar-a-Lago and do his job. Being president is extremely demanding work. I think Trump had no idea how hard it would be and believes that people should just worship and adore him like a god and when he makes decisions, there will be no resistance to any of those decisions at all.
I suggest you ACTUALLY watch what he said at the rally.

Then you would NOT be making such a fool of yourself.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet you provide no detail for your accusation. You simply ask what I think. It's a failure of argument.

What I think has been made clear by this topic. I think it's great that Trump leaves the DC bubble and sees real America. He toured automobile manufacturing facilities, talked to automobile workers talked to CEOS of the supply chain. He then holds rally to tell more people about it.

Why in the world are you against that? It boggles the mind.

Let me clue you in, then.

AF1 costs us much more when the POTUS is flying around in it than when it's sitting on the tarmac at Andrews. The SS bill for securing ANY temporary public location is much higher than securing the WH.

I have zero problem with him touring manufacturing sites and talking to workers and leadership.

He wasn't doing that in Nashville. Why is he having a rally 2 mos into his Presidency?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:32 AM

36,533 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
He's reported as saying on AF1 yesterday that he wants to do these rallies every two weeks. More great use of time and resources.
What is the problem some of you have with our elected representatives having a more hands on and down in the trenches approach with their constituents . I think it shows that Trump is committed to the people and not some untouchable on high up in an ivory tower.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Ahh -- perception is everything.

Other Presidents didn't start campaigning two months into their terms because they felt they needed to stay in DC and get some work done.

You mistake concern for outrage. I do not feel outrage -- just a growing concern that the status quo will remain at the federal level.

One of the biggest selling points of Trump was his ability to negotiate -- to close a deal. What's the first thing he does when he gets a big deal to close as President ...he leaves town.....wipes his hands clean of the process. He does not want to do the work to get this health care bill done right.

Biggest problem with American politics is the inability to get anything done -- the constant bickering, etc.

Trump as a deal closer seemed like a possible solution to this problem...but what does he do -- leave town.

Don't blame the outrageous liberals on this stand still......the Republican politicians are the ones at a stand still on this one. Trump is their leader supreme.....and he jets out of there as fast as he can. Want to make a bet he's in Palm Springs for the week end.
"wipes his hands clean of the process. He does not want to do the work to get this health care bill done right."

You must watch CNN and MSNBC because you CERTAINLY DO NOT KNOW what is going on.

Some simple questions, did Obama go out and try to sell HIS health care bill?

The House just passed the fist phase of the new bill.

Does Trump need to hold the congressmen's hands in order for THEM to do THEIR jobs?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:36 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Let me clue you in, then.

AF1 costs us much more when the POTUS is flying around in it than when it's sitting on the tarmac at Andrews. The SS bill for securing ANY temporary public location is much higher than securing the WH.

I have zero problem with him touring manufacturing sites and talking to workers and leadership.

He wasn't doing that in Nashville. Why is he having a rally 2 mos into his Presidency?
He was doing the same thing Obama did in 2009:

Obama rallies Minneapolis crowd for healthcare reform - latimes

And look, that was in September almost a year after the election.

Presidents hold rallies to get people to support their agendas. I didn't have a problem when Obama did it, and Indon't have a problem with Trump doing it.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
He was doing the same thing Obama did in 2009:

Obama rallies Minneapolis crowd for healthcare reform - latimes

And look, that was in September almost a year after the election.

Presidents hold rallies to get people to support their agendas. I didn't have a problem when Obama did it, and Indon't have a problem with Trump doing it.

That was 1 rally - 9 mos into his Presidency, for a specific cause (healthcare reform). Trump has had at least two rallies in his two months on the job - were either of them to generate support for specific legislation? Maybe his staggeringly unsuccessful travel bans, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies