Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 06:40 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Some politicians (lol) can't get out of campaign mode. Its easier to snipe from the sidelines, talk about what you're gonna do... than actually do anything.
That is what makes this rally great! Trump is letting us know what is being done, and it sounds like and looks like he is working very hard to keep the promises he made during his campaign. He has done more in two months than Obama in 8 years, when it came to putting our country and our citizens first, returning to "a government for the people and by the people"! Go Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:43 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Isn't this great! I haven't seen anything like this in my life time. It is long past due. Taking it back! This is what hope looks like!
What do you mean you haven't seen anything like it in your lifetime. The only thing Trump is good at is being a loud-mouthed dope in front of big crowds of mean-spirited people. He did it for weeks on end last year. Where were you?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:44 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinesOfDrift View Post
Missed all the jobs created,pipeline being started,bids taken on wall,illegal invasion down 40%......do liberals READ or VIEW the news?
What jobs has he created? The Pipeline is a joke it sells Canadian oil to China and now it's not using us still like your daddy said it would.....the wall is going nowhere, they have no money to build it, unless you're the one person left still thinking Mexico will pay for it.....and btw if illegal immigration is down so much why do you need a wall?
How about instead of spending our cash on these stroke off rallies and golf rounds in Florida he fixes the ACA that was supposed to have been done on day 1 remember? Or maybe pick the thousands of appointees he still needs to get through the senate???? Or maybe work on the plan to defeat Isis that was supposed to have been In place within 30 days? Or prove his wiretap bs? Or donate his salary back to he treasury?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:44 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Great speech

Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times
Thanks OP for the heads up. I watched it. I have watched a load of these though and this was not much different than prior speeches, although he is obviously more polished than he was during the early months of the pre-election period. His best was really the one before Congress.

I really like Trump but again I have to say that right now I still do not understand how the Ryancare (nope .. won't call it Trumpcare just yet because I hope we have not seen its final form and what is on the table seems authored by Ryan and his cronies) is going to fulfill Trump's repeated promises to repeal the ACA completely and then rebuild a new health insurance plan that will address all the things he said would be accomplished. And he didn't explain how what sounds like the current approach will meet that goal at all ... except to say something along the line of 'believe me, folks, it will do what I said it would do ... we just have to take a different route to get there than we had planned originally'. I have no choice whatsoever except to question that right now.

I probably won't personally be affected by Ryancare or Obamacare any more so I question this for everyone who will be, not for myself. I want those who need insurance to be able to buy insurance they can afford and which will actually get them affordable health care when they need it. The only new thing I learned tonight is that Trump hopes that the cost of drugs on the market will come down as a result of the 3rd piece of his puzzle. That won't be a bad thing most likely but that is far from everything that needs to be done/addressed as most of us know.

I am not losing the faith yet but I really, really hope stuff is going on in the backroom that we don't know about and that Tom Cotton is wrong.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:00 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Great speech
Why , really why ?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:01 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Why , really why ?
Perfect tone, inflection points, dramatic pauses, balance of style and substance.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:03 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Perfect tone, inflection points, dramatic pauses, balance of style and substance.

LOL, so he is using a teleprompter again.LOL

Old 03-15-2017, 07:06 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinesOfDrift View Post
I have no interest in debating your OPINIONS vs MY FACTS. Just watch and see is all I can say.
As soon as you present some facts I'd love to debate them. All you have is a bunch of half truths and nonsense Daddy told you on his twitter.

What's not a fact? No us steel in the pipeline or that's it's selling Canadian oil to China? That there's currently no budget for the wall? That Trump spends his time golfing and having his ego stroked on our dime costing more in 60 days than Obama did in one year when he made a stink every time Obama took time off or played golf? That he takes these trips and holds these so-called rallies while his legislative agenda goes down in flames? That is promised ACA repeal and replace that was ready on day 1 and would be an improvement is neither ready in day 1 nor an improvement? That his 30 day deadline for the big plan to defeat ISiS came and went? Which one is opinion and not fact?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
I find the whole idea of a rally in the middle of your administration ****ing weird.
The ONLY way an Australian would turn up to a political rally to cheer on a politician (this would never happen, outside of fringe wacko groups) is if they offered free beer and bbq. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies