Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 01:46 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times

Advertisements

Amy Schumer Says 'Alt Right Trolls' Sabotaged Her Netflix Reviews

Amy Schumer (Chuck Schumer's niece) released a new Netflix special this week, and it has a 1 star rating. Surprisingly, instead of blaming it on it just being unfunny (I can't even post the jokes here, but the entire special literally consists of her talking about her private areas and mens private areas...that's it), she blames it on "alt-right trolls" and blames the current Trump administration for the bad reviews...

"I am so proud of my special and grateful to all the people spreading love on line about it. I am the first female comic who is selling out arenas all over the world and so grateful for that. I am embarrassed for the “journalists” who report on trolls activities as if it’s news. It’s indicative of administration right now. Anyone who reported that “viewers aren’t happy” with my special, it would have been cool if you did a moment of research before posting. The alt right organized trolls attack everything I do. Read the @splitsider article. They organize to get my ratings down. Meeting in sub Reddit rooms. They tried on my book and movies and tv show And I want to thank them. It makes me feel so powerful and dangerous and brave. It reminds me what I’m saying is effective and bring more interest to my work and their obsession with me keeps me going. I am only alarmed by the people printing their organized trolling as “news” this is what the current administration wants. So this post has nothing against the trolls. I thank you trolls so much. It fills me with hope and power to see you all furiously posting so as always accuse me of whatever lies you want. Call me a whale. Call me a thief and I will continue to rise and fight and lead. I know who I am. I am strong and beautiful and will use my voice my whole time on this earth. Journalists do better it’s embarrassing. Trolls see you on the next one! "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 01:48 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Learn to accept responsibility when you just plain suck.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:50 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
they had eight years with Barry the muslim Buffoon serving up choice material on a silver platter and they wouldn't lay a glove on him. oh, well, maybe in a couple hundred years we'll lose our collective minds again and elect another risibly unqualified boob so they'll get a chance to redeem themselves.

At least we have an American in the white house again..

Old 03-17-2017, 01:52 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,204 times
Democrats are still deep in denial over the election... that's why all they talk about is Putin and wiretapping while Trump keeps all of his promises...

Anyone who rejects CNN'S hateful cancerous ideology isn't a person with a different worldview - they're a "troll."

Old 03-17-2017, 01:56 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Uhh, didn't she start it?

Old 03-17-2017, 02:22 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
I am strong and beautiful

Amy Schumer said that?

Oh, my! It's definitely worse than I thought.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:06 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

I am strong and beautiful

Amy Schumer said that?

Oh, my! It's definitely worse than I thought.
It appears that she actually meant "...I am strong at sucking out loud..." and "...beautiful only when wearing a full-length burlap burka."

Otherwise, of course, her statements are non-sequiturs.

Here's the facts: Amy Schumer may be the only corporate pitchperson whose advertising efforts resulted in less product sold. Anheuser-Busch InBev had to fire her as a spokesman for Bud Light and cancel the whole ad campaign in late 2016 because their customers were flying away from the brand in droves. Apparently the Schumer-Rogen ad campaign did nothing except increase competitor Miller Lite's sales.

Bud Light abruptly pulls Amy Schumer, Seth Rogen ads | New York Post

Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Everyone here likely knows about people trolling on youtube videos and down voting them, so the argument here is based on whether or not you believe that this is the case.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
She was not funny before the election and is still not funny. Opening her trough about her political opinions is her own doing.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:46 PM

52,255 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I was onboard with Amy since she came out, thought she was funny, but the more political she's getting the more she's turning me off.

We just watched this latest special of hers and it SUCKED big time. I wanted to like it, but it was bad. Her jokes all fell flat and while I think she's too far left for me, I can laugh at political humor when it's funny, most comedians that go that way are rarely funny in that area, they just tend rant and the more they say that kind of stuff the less funny it gets, but again, I can laugh at any humor if it was well done.

This wasn't, it was like she really shouldn't have made the special because the material was so weak, maybe Netflix waved a bunch of money at her, who knows??

In terms of it being because of alt-right trolls is a bunch of nonsense. I sat through page after page of reviews of it on Netflix and yeah, some of it was because of her political views, but most if the 1 stars were because it was just lame.

It was crude and crass which is ok if you can make it funny, she just gets up on stage and debases herself in a way that makes me sorta cringe for her, I mean how many jokes can you make about yourself being a bit of a tramp without it getting old after a while???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies