Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread but I think the topic is worth its own thread.

I still hear some people make the claim that Pence would be worse than Trump. I agree, Pence would be worse for some liberal causes, specifically LGBT rights and upholding separation of church and state. He would be bad especially for education. I don't think, however, that he would be any worse on those issues than George W. Bush was.

I think he would be an improvement on immigration and foreign policy. He would also be more Presidential and a Pence White House would run much smoother than the circus that is going on there now.

As a liberal, I would rather bite my tongue, endure four years of Pence, and then undo any damage he does regarding human rights issues when the next Democrat is in office.

Trump on the other hand, I am not sure this country will survive even one term. The country will easily survive Pence. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I posted this in another thread but I think the topic is worth its own thread.

I still hear some people make the claim that Pence would be worse than Trump. I agree, Pence would be worse for some liberal causes, specifically LGBT rights and upholding separation of church and state. He would be bad especially for education. I don't think, however, that he would be any worse on those issues than George W. Bush was.

I think he would be an improvement on immigration and foreign policy. He would also be more Presidential and a Pence White House would run much smoother than the circus that is going on there now.

As a liberal, I would rather bite my tongue, endure four years of Pence, and then undo any damage he does regarding human rights issues when the next Democrat is in office.

Trump on the other hand, I am not sure this country will survive even one term. The country will easily survive Pence. Thoughts?
What exactly do you mean when you say survive?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:23 AM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Funny, I don't see a "circus." Instead, I see hardworking people who care about getting this country back on track being constantly harassed by the like of the Clinton News Network and other #FakeNews media. This isn't to say that the administration has been smooth-sailing, but I see a lot of exaggeration and hypocrisy from the other side.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
The sky is falling...again.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Funny, I don't see a "circus." Instead, I see hardworking people who care about getting this country back on track being constantly harassed by the like of the Clinton News Network and other #FakeNews media. This isn't to say that the administration has been smooth-sailing, but I see a lot of exaggeration and hypocrisy from the other side.
Same pundits calling it a circus are the same pundits that said Trump's ceiling was 20 percent, field will narrow, ect.

Hey OP.... What did you mean by survive?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The sky is falling...again.
Maybe the liberal voters miss all the mass shootings and ISIS attacks, cop killings are way down too....border crossings are way down... hmm maybe the libs think things are too peaceful these days..

Old 03-22-2017, 12:30 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Same pundits calling it a circus are the same pundits that said Trump's ceiling was 20 percent, field will narrow, ect.

Hey OP.... What did you mean by survive?
I am not sure the country will survive four years of Trump without us getting into either a global war, an economic collapse (this is possible if there is a trade war or if there is a run on the dollar), or experiencing mass civil unrest. Sooner or later, the Trump-devotees are going to wake up. Nothing that Trump is doing is going to help out the Rust Belt or the coal industry. Manufacturing isn't coming back. The Obamacare repeal will hurt Trump country the worst. Once the Trump-devotees realize they have been duped and Republicans start turning on him, things could get real interesting.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:39 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am not sure the country will survive four years of Trump without us getting into either a global war, an economic collapse (this is possible if there is a trade war or if there is a run on the dollar), or experiencing mass civil unrest. Sooner or later, the Trump-devotees are going to wake up. Nothing that Trump is doing is going to help out the Rust Belt or the coal industry. Manufacturing isn't coming back. The Obamacare repeal will hurt Trump country the worst. Once the Trump-devotees realize they have been duped and Republicans start turning on him, things could get real interesting.
I admire your persistence...being wrong for 22 straight months (since June 2015) is quite a feat.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 AM

11,651 posts, read 12,943,861 times
Pence is more "stable" than Trump. Trump seems to be capricious and impulsive. But other than that, I feel as if Trump is much safer. He is more liberal and is accepting of gays. Pence is just too conservative, regardless of how "tame" he is compared to Trump.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:26 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Pence is safer, but he's now been proven to have lied over the Flynn thing. He received a letter from Congress and calls from Flynn's lawyer months ago about his work for Turkey, but just a few weeks ago when flynn retroactively registered as a foreign agent he claimed it was the first he heard of it. So maybe he'll go down with the rest of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies