Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,581,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
To save me some time, can someone tell me what this evidence is?
Drop a note to Rep Nunes. He seems to be offering up information pretty freely.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,645,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
And Rep. Nunes, who is supposed to be heading this investigation, today paid a "courtesy call" to Trump. This is highly irregular for an investigator to confer, in an off-the-record conversation, with the target of the inquiry. So much for the chance that Nunes will allow the investigation to proceed freely and be impartial. But we can hope that complete suppression of the facts, is beyond his control.

He made a bad mistake, when he revealed that Trump's campaign staff may have been incidentally included in surveillance of the Russians. He obviously intended this to reflect badly on the Democrats, implying that they had conducted this for the purpose of getting something on Trump. But in fact, it reveals that there were things going on between Trump's staff and the Russians, that caught the attention of those doing the surveillance.

Liars and deceivers will expose themselves, if you give them a chance. The identities of those individuals that had conversations with the Russians, can be and may be, legally revealed. All the claims by Trump's team, about never talking to Russians, may be blown wide open.
Nunes clearly committed an absolutely appalling breach of ethics today, but it completely backfired on him. It didn't gain him a thing, and will probably do a lot of irreparable damage to his cause, because it will fuel the demand for a special counsel to take over the investigation.

Preet Bharara, anyone?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:14 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,451,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
To save me some time, can someone tell me what this evidence is?
Nobody knows..is classified..just Schiff turning up the heat.
Low-class political move...much like Nunes scurrying off to Trump to reveal...what...nobody really knows!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Drop a note to Rep Nunes. He seems to be offering up information pretty freely.
What is the evidence that Trump colluded with the Russians to interfere with our elections (assuming that is the charge here)?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:26 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,608,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Of course not, the FBI hasn't concluded its investigation.

Let me remind you that it took a while for enough actual evidence to come to light implicating Richard Nixon. Once it did, other Republicans told Nixon to resign or he would be impeached.

What we know already, is that Trump confidant Paul Manafort, was paid ten million a year by Russia to represent their interests. When asked, he denied it and he didn't register as a foreign agent, as the law requires. Should Manafort be charged with this crime, don't you think he'll implicate others?
As of today, Manafort is still denying all such accusations, saying they're part of a smear campaign against him. I think he'll squeal, if his feet are put to the fire and may become the kingpin of the downfall of Trump. It's been revealed that one of Manafort's daughters wrote to a sister, saying that, "Make no mistake about it, our money is blood money".

Old 03-22-2017, 07:28 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Hilarious watching the desperate, delusional Dems throw temper tantrums and make up imaginary boogeymen. Gotta wonder what is next for the show. Making popcorn.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:30 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,641,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Hilarious watching the desperate, delusional Dems throw temper tantrums and make up imaginary boogeymen. Gotta wonder what is next for the show. Making popcorn.

I'd say it's been really effective:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

I know, all polls are wrong and 2+2 is whatever one wants it to be....but still

Old 03-22-2017, 07:31 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,641,042 times
...and the answer to 2+2 is really 7.

Truth in the era of Trump...it's all malleable

Old 03-22-2017, 07:35 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,613,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero;i7599673
It took Watergate 2 years to bring down Nixon. This will likely happen faster, but they are going to build a solid case before they lay everything out and demand impeachment. Especially since Pence and other Republicans might be implicated.
Where the hell is Pence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Is that why Hillary, Bill or Barack's name is always brought up by right wingers/conservatives whenever someone is critical of Trump?
Tell me about it.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,665,488 times
By the lack of answers to my question, there must just be only speculation at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies