Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Unless one has the necessary surgery to add or remove gender identifying body parts they should not be going into the opposite locker rooms, bathrooms, fitting rooms, etc.
You may *identify* as one sex or the other however, without the proper parts you are physically male or female.
I'm not sure how one would rectify this dilemma if they choose to identify as a donkey though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 02:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I would add one to that. What if the absolutely natural thing happens and one or more of the boys gets an erection while in the presence of a young girl in various stages of undress? LAWSUIT! SEXUAL HARASSMENT!

That might even qualify as rape under the new made up definitions. You can now rape from over 100 feet away with words as I understand it, so clearly this would qualify.
I think they are implying that the boys should be taught to control whether they get an erection. I don't know, maybe they'll make the boys take a medication that will make sure they can't get an erection to protect the girl from having to be uncomfortable? Even as a woman being older, I know that erections seem to be uncontrollable at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So I have to pretend too, so their feelings are not hurt?
I don't have to pretend for anyone, nor should anyone's kid.
Me either! This pretending and feeding the fantasies is doing more harm than good for the unfortunate people with such mental health issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Interesting that you think it is ok to grab somebody and if they don't like it, it is their job to smack you.
The advantage to that in the old days was that you didn't have a kid who constantly couldn't immediately strike back that would go on the internet and plan a shooting or bombing after he got to the point he couldn't take it anymore. The tension was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That was the reality not so long go. Not that it was OK for someone to touch you - but that if they did it was perfectly ok to reach out and knock them TF out. Problem>solution!

In fifth grade this creepy kid in my class leaned forward and snapped my bra one day. I turned around and grabbed the top of his desk, lifted it up, and sent him crashing hard to the floor. Mrs. White told everyone to stop laughing, told the kid he got what he deserved, and we went back to our lesson. End of drama. Told my parents about it that night and they said I did the right thing. Fin.

Things were handled much that way in my youth of the 70's and 80's. Parental/School/Police involvement for such offenses just didn't much exist. I'm not necessarily saying that that method was right or wrong - only that things seemed to work themselves out much of the time without administrative backup levying punishments, counseling, and new rules for everyone else.
It worked for centuries! It is much better for the offender to get punched out than have a person get to the point they want to bomb the school out of frustration.

I hope the girl gets the help that she needs. I know some parents think this is "cute" and it does get them a lot of attention, maybe a new kind of Munchausen syndrome? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome

Old 03-23-2017, 02:20 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That was the reality not so long go. Not that it was OK for someone to touch you - but that if they did it was perfectly ok to reach out and knock them TF out. Problem>solution!

In fifth grade this creepy kid in my class leaned forward and snapped my bra one day. I turned around and grabbed the top of his desk, lifted it up, and sent him crashing hard to the floor. Mrs. White told everyone to stop laughing, told the kid he got what he deserved, and we went back to our lesson. End of drama. Told my parents about it that night and they said I did the right thing. Fin.

Things were handled much that way in my youth of the 70's and 80's. Parental/School/Police involvement for such offenses just didn't much exist. I'm not necessarily saying that that method was right or wrong - only that things seemed to work themselves out much of the time without administrative backup levying punishments, counseling, and new rules for everyone else.
I knocked a kid out of his chair with a left hook to the head for the exact same thing in seventh grade. The teacher completely ignored the whole thing. Nowadays, because of the ridiculous zero-tolerance policies, they'd probably call the cops on both of us. Him for sex assault and me for battery. He never did it again and we eventually became friends.

As far as this locker room stuff, why do people have to get naked in front of each other? Can't we have private changing areas? Changing in the locker room was such misery during puberty.

i'm curious why there are so many stories about trans people these days? They are a tiny percent of the population. What is the agenda of those who are propagating these wedge issue stories?

Old 03-23-2017, 02:26 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not this again. There is more to life than bathrooms, boys, and girls. I agree it's a bad idea and the school district shouldn't allow it. However, parents of teenagers should have taught teenagers self control and responsibility for their actions, should they not? The implication here is that if a teenage boy (or girl) sees a naked person of the opposite sex, they won't be able to control their lustful urges, and they will sexually harass or rape the other student and it's the school's fault. That's complete and utter B.S.

Teenagers have control over their actions. Every good parent teaches their kid not to touch someone else without their permission and if they do, it's on them. If the teenager is going to have sex with another, they're going to do it with or without the assistance of a locker room.

BTW, some teenagers are gay, and being naked in the locker room with persons of the same sex is exactly the same for them as heterosexual teenagers being together. Also, just because you're naked in the locker room with someone doesn't mean the person will be attractive to you. Teens are the same way. Anyone who has been out on a beach and seen people in skimpy swimsuits knows this.
/SMH

Why defend this crap? Why tell the boy he could change in the nurse's office instead of the girl who feels like a boy? Just because it doesn't bother her doesn't mean everyone else has to fall in line or be homeschooled. That's utter BS!

Old 03-23-2017, 02:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm confused.

Half of us think people do not have enough brain power to control biological urges in locker room.And many do not bother to teach their kids to keep their hands to themselves. Boys will be boys.

But, bathing suit sales and ads inform me that the girls are running around practically naked a lot of the time.

Which is it? What's the difference?
Nothing.

Tempest in a teapot.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
As far as this locker room stuff, why do people have to get naked in front of each other? Can't we have private changing areas?
Seems like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
i'm curious why there are so many stories about trans people these days? They are a tiny percent of the population. What is the agenda of those who are propagating these wedge issue stories?
Mostly to generate outrage views. Same as any other clickbait. 500+ million people generating trillions of human to human interactions per day, cherry pick the few interactions per year that **** off some targeted subset of the population and trumpet them like its a scourge sweeping the nation, sweep in the ez add money.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm amazed how clueless some people are.

Trust me if you have a daughter that has any level of attraction to her at all, you do not want her undressing with a bunch of teenage boys in the locker room.

Unless of course you want her to be gang raped.

Time for people to open their eyes. The ignorance is astounding.
Maybe all the boys' parents should be teaching them not to rape women who are trying to change their clothes?

Just a thought.

The idea that we have to hide to keep from being raped because men cannot control themselves makes me think that less men need to be in charge of important things in this world because...

No self control.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So I have to pretend too, so their feelings are not hurt?
I don't have to pretend for anyone, nor should anyone's kid.
Are you still in high school?

Nobody cares what you want to pretend or not want to pretend. If you find yourself in a locker room and are uncomfortable with any of the occupants you can always choose to change in a closet, a bathroom stall, etc.

The world is full of options. Ain't life grand?

Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When I was last in high school almost 2 decades ago barely anyone really used the locker rooms and no one was really going full nude when they did... and absolutely no one used the showers. Is this like a regional thing?
No, it's an athlete thing.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
if you have a penis you use the men;s room

if you have a vagina you use the women;s room

if liberals have a problem with that, they are mentally insane and will continue losing elections
Serious question...

Why?

Are the toilets in men's rooms and women's rooms somehow different? I mean, you have urinals in men's rooms, but you know you can pee in that toilet in the stall, right?

I'm a woman. Have used a variety of restrooms over the years.

Never been in one with a special "vagina receptacle" sort of a thing that I had to pee into that made a women's room a better place for me to use than a men's room.

I mean, I go to the women's room because I am generally more comfortable in them. I feel like everyone else should be able to choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies