Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:06 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,622,957 times

Advertisements

Well, since it's all natural...
How will the school handle the boy dropping his underwear, showing off his man hood, and inserting in one of the girls who's asking for it?
Something tells me that might cause a disturbance?
THIS IS INSANE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 03:07 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,531,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And if they don't? Why does everyone else have to adapt for 0.3% of the population? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
I didn't make myself clear - sorry. Why can't trans students just change in a damn bathroom stall? The solution to the "where do I change" issue is "go change in the bathroom".

I don't think the easy solution is even the point in all this attention lately, though. Solutions seeking problems like this is a tactic for minority groups of any type to attempt normalization of the majority, in my opinion. The numbers are small and the solution is actually quite simple, but that's not enough for some people.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:12 PM

89,363 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Self control has nothing to do with this. The boy is uncomfortable changing with girls. Isn't that reason enough? How many women would tolerate men changing in their locker rooms? Should they be told to make it as natural as possible?
Yes. It's sexual intimidation. Grounds for a lawsuit against the school.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:13 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,194,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
Well, since it's all natural...
How will the school handle the boy dropping his underwear, showing off his man hood, and inserting in one of the girls who's asking for it?
Something tells me that might cause a disturbance?
THIS IS INSANE!
> Boy
> "man hood"

hahahaha. It's called a penis.

Consensual sex at a school is against the rules already.

As for the bolded, being in a locker room to change clothing is not "asking for it" and never will be. That's not how consent works. Take your fantasies of being a rapist out of here.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:14 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,654,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
It sure is.

Some years ago a friend who was in high school came home and complained to her mom, my bff, that a boy grabbed her breast while walking down the hall.

She told the principal. She was told to learn how to deal with it.

We marched ourselves over to the schoolhouse. I told the principal that if it ever happened again, we would be calling the cops and filing assault charges.

Like magic, the school changed their tune about telling girls just learn how to deal with it.

People need to be teaching their boys some self control. Anybody should be able to walk down the school hall naked without fear of assault.
People should be allowed to walk around naked without fear of assault?

I wonder what world you're living in. It is not reality, and your comments reveal a very idealistic view of human nature.

Long story short, it doesn't work.

This is the danger of having people that think like this run the country. No you don't throw gasoline on a burning fire and expect it to contain itself, especially when you are talking adolescent teenagers.

Time to come down to reality.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:16 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,845,642 times
Quote:
And when it's not optional?
Hmm thats actually a more complicated question than black and white I think. Take the pictures posted a bit up thread... I would say that it should be obvious that any of those people in those pictures should use a bathroom of their transitioned gender because they would stick out more if they tried to use one of their biological gender.

So my best honest answer would be:

Since it is apparently impossible to implement nuanced policy that would have some sort of discretionary input, basically my answer is keep the government out of it and let the people work it out on their own, I don't think it is a big enough problem for the gov to be mandating any position on the issue in either direction. And if egregious offenses happen prosecute them for the crimes they already are.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:19 PM

89,363 posts, read 45,091,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I didn't make myself clear - sorry. Why can't trans students just change in a damn bathroom stall? The solution to the "where do I change" issue is "go change in the bathroom".
That suggestion has been made by school districts throughout the country. Self-IDed transgender students are rejecting that accommodation and suing in court.

Here's just one example of the fallout. SJWs are forcing an agenda:

Quote:
"In the middle of last school year, Lila Perry came out as transgender. Before that, she had been living as a gay male.

But that’s not who she really was. No longer was she going to pretend, Lila said.

So this year, she told teachers and administrators at Hillsboro High School, where she is a senior, that she would no longer be content to use a unisex faculty bathroom. She wanted to be treated like other female students, including access to bathrooms and locker rooms for girls."
Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender locker/shower room dispute | Education | stltoday.com

Old 03-23-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
People should be allowed to walk around naked without fear of assault?
Happens at nudist beaches just fine. People walk around naked and aren't typically gangbanged by a bunch of testosterone-fueled men without consent.

I live at the beach. There's dudes walking around shirtless almost every single day. They don't get raped or assaulted for it. But suggest that women might want to do the same and people go crazy.

If homosexual men can keep from assaulting and raping heterosexual men in a locker room or other setting, perhaps heterosexual men should be able to as well?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:25 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,351,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Self control has nothing to do with this. The boy is uncomfortable changing with girls. Isn't that reason enough? How many women would tolerate men changing in their locker rooms? Should they be told to make it as natural as possible?
I was not responding to this boy's discomfort. I was responding to the notion that what will obviously happen with girls and boys in the same locker room is gang rape.

Which is ridiculous, don't you think?

I actually do think the school was wrong to try to force this boy to change in the same room. One of these students should have been offered a private area to change in.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
That suggestion has been made by school districts throughout the country. Self-IDed transgender students are rejecting that accommodation and suing in court.

Here's just one example of the fallout. SJWs are forcing an agenda:

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender locker/shower room dispute | Education | stltoday.com
So they were totally okay with a homosexual changing around a bunch of strapping young men?

And weren't worried that a homosexual male was going to sexually assault or rape anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies