Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump threatens to leave ObamaCare in place if repeal bill fails | TheHill

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.

Well, that was fast.
Oh, har har... as if he can control what congress decides to pursue.

Betcha we all remember the 30+ times they voted to repeal obamacare in the face of a prez who 'wasn't interested' in having it repealed.

If a miracle happens, and the congress gets together and works out a decent plan, gets more votes than trump can veto.... Not that I think that will happen, but I do think that the pressure on congress to do something about obamacare will outweigh any loss of interest on trump's part. So much for the king of negotiation - guess he just wants to take his balls and go home since he didn't succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 06:25 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Suddenly not such a great dealmaker eh?
The government is not a RE development company.

If the vote fails and Trump moves on, the GOP coalition falls apart. The GOP in Congress are only supporting Trump to try to get their agenda through. They don't like or respect him any more than anyone else.

If he craps out on their agenda, there will be defections in all directions, and they will stop putting up with his personal madness. There will be factions everywhere and no more united front. The WH chaos will spread throughout Congress.

Will have lasted all of two months and back to Boehnerville.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's not a matter of how hard it is. It's a matter of getting things done. He can't accomplish this without congress, who are also elected and can be unelected if they fail to cooperate.

I don't blame him one bit. It's time to move on if they won't cooperate. It's just another case of not being able to fix stupid.
Seriously? If any republicans happen to get 'unelected' in 2018, it won't be because they failed to cooperate with trump.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
But I'm sure he'll find time to fly down to Florida for the weekend.

Such a terrible president. I hope his approval rating falls even further after the vote fails.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump threatens to leave ObamaCare in place if repeal bill fails | TheHill

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.

Well, that was fast.
And Obamacare will continue to fail and be a disaster, until Americans demand it be repealed. And it will be Obama's fault, as it is now, and it will always reflect badly on Democrats. Maybe that's a good thing?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
repeal and replace on day 1....unless it gets hard....Let's see how much golf he skips in the meantime.

wonder if his lemmings will also wonder where his wonderful plan that will cover EVERYONE and be cheaper went, considering he astroturfed the Ryan plan....
Trump couldn't have known what a tangled web the Democrats created. They purposely made in nearly impossible to repeal. That's what Trump is learning.

This is the Democrat's fault. It is the albatross that will hang around their necks for many years to come.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,864,183 times
Very few of us on here are experts on things like how this GOP plan truly will affect people, but I have been listening to a lot of people who DO know this stuff, and all of them are in agreement that this new Trumpcare plan will only benefit people who are financially very sound. For most other people, they will have "access" to healthcare, but probably will not be able to afford it.

The difference between the R's and D's is that the R's do not believe it is the responsibility of the government to help out with healthcare. The D's tried to put in a plan that would not only give access to healthcare, but make it affordable.

It sounds like Trump sees the handwriting on the wall, and is doing this latest stunt to get the egg off of his face.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:32 PM

7,185 posts, read 4,772,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's not a matter of how hard it is. It's a matter of getting things done. He can't accomplish this without congress, who are also elected and can be unelected if they fail to cooperate.

I don't blame him one bit. It's time to move on if they won't cooperate. It's just another case of not being able to fix stupid.

But isn't he supposed to be the greatest deal maker?

If they don't cooperate on this one, what makes you think they'll cooperate on anything else?

The non-cooperating congressmen come from "safe", non-competitive districts. My worthless congressman, Trent Franks, has an 87% Republican district. He's safe. He hasn't done anything for the district but people keep electing him because he has an R next to his name. Trump cannot primary or unseat that turd. I wish Trump would campaign against him but nothing is going to happen to him.

That's the problem with gerrymandering districts. Your congressmen go off the reservation and there's nothing you can threaten them with.

If they had a little competition, it'd be a different story.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But I'm sure he'll find time to fly down to Florida for the weekend.

Such a terrible president. I hope his approval rating falls even further after the vote fails.
Is he doing another ego-massaging, oops, I mean re-election rally, on the way?

Old 03-23-2017, 06:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Seriously? If any republicans happen to get 'unelected' in 2018, it won't be because they failed to cooperate with trump.
Heck of a lot of Conservative donor $ on the line to reward those Republicans who vote no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies