Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 06:21 PM

22,456 posts, read 11,977,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^ diitto me too. UnID'dmale. The difference is tremendous, sorry a Trumpette can't see it but that is par for the course.

My reasoning is they are only going to dig underneath it. That is how they move about now. If they want in they will get in. So its a waste of money.

Start doing raids on construction sites. They'll pick up lots of illegals that way. And create YUGGEE punishments for employers that hire them.
So...you don't lock your doors when you leave your house? Using your logic, if they want to get in they will get in. So locking your door is a waste of money.

During Bill Clinton''s administration, a wall was built at the San Diego/Tijuana border and it drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. That wall was certainly not a waste of money but TDS sufferers can't see it but that is par for the course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 06:23 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I live in an area where there are many gated communities that monitor who goes through the gates. I wonder how many democrats actually sought a gated community to live in but are against the border wall.

I see so much hypocrisy it is astounding to see democrats preach recycling and throw their garbage on the ground, celebrities jetting around and preaching against the carbon footprint and various other arguments they just don't practice what they preach. They have no ethics or character because they are hypocrites.Tired of them spouting one thing and doing another.

So, are you telling us there are no Republicans living in gated communities while opposing the wall or just being a hypocrite and only singling out Democrats?

If the former: Prove It!

I wonder how many business owners who've profited from cheap illegal labor live in gated communities?

Old 03-24-2017, 06:23 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,765,093 times
I have a gate across my driveway but I (as in me) paid for it. I didn't try to make somebody else pay for it, especially the people who it is intended to keep out (which is not illegal aliens, BTW). And I don't have a problem with the Trump Wall, I only thought it was really dumb for him to try to bully Mexico into paying for it. As it is, that backfired as Trump just ended up looking silly.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:25 PM

22,456 posts, read 11,977,478 times

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 03-24-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: duplicate post

Old 03-24-2017, 06:26 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I have a gate across my driveway but I (as in me) paid for it. I didn't try to make somebody else pay for it, especially the people who it is intended to keep out (which is not illegal aliens, BTW). And I don't have a problem with the Trump Wall, I only thought it was really dumb for him to try to bully Mexico into paying for it. As it is, that backfired as Trump just ended up looking silly.
We shall see in the future who pays for it.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:29 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But if a high-tech surveillance wall could do the job just as effectively for half the price, that would seem to be the better option.

Even if a "wall" is built, it'll probably turn out to be a fence. I know that's not as macho as some would like, but it would make more sense, according to the experts.

As Trump Pushes for U.S.-Mexico Border Wall, Experts Prefer Fencing | KTLA

Wall... Fence... whatever works is fine with me. I leave that to the security experts. I know when I lived in San Diego the fence they built there was (and remains) very successful.

And while in principle I like the idea of high tech surveillance, Bush built a 'virtual wall' of cameras, etc... And it resulted in virtual apprehensions. Waste of money. Manpower on the line is our best deterrent. But Trump just ordered the hiring of 15,000 new border agents so that's a big help.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 PM

155 posts, read 101,410 times
Gated communities should be banned.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
I live in an area where there are many gated communities that monitor who goes through the gates. I wonder how many democrats actually sought a gated community to live in but are against the border wall.

I see so much hypocrisy it is astounding to see democrats preach recycling and throw their garbage on the ground, celebrities jetting around and preaching against the carbon footprint and various other arguments they just don't practice what they preach. They have no ethics or character because they are hypocrites.Tired of them spouting one thing and doing another.
Republicans who accept healthcare benefits are hypocrites republicans who take food stamps are hypocrites. republicans who smoke weed are hypocrites.. in fact your post is hypocritical.

(see anyone can make stuff up just to be nasty)

Old 03-24-2017, 06:38 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, when you leave your home you don't lock the doors? Using your logic, if they want in they will get in. According to your logic, it's a waste of money to put a lock on your doors.

During Bill Clinton's administration, a wall was built on the San Diego/Tijuana border. It has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings. That's hardly a waste of money but TDS sufferers can't see it but that is par for the course
Comparing me living in a gated community vs a WALL that Trump said he's going to make Mexico pay for is apples and oranges.

Yeah I have lots of security but if someone wants in my house bad enough they probably could get it. But it would be easier to go to another house that doesn't have, guards, cameras, and alarms.

Clinton was president 20+ years ago. Just like technology has changed so has how they get into our country. The are digging tunnels and are renting space in San Diego (warehouse) or TX and coming through under ground.

Remember El Chapo, got out of a PRISON through a tunnel!

I'm tired of the government waste. This whole WALL was suppose to be paid for by Mexico. Why no outrage over that lie.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:43 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,954,248 times
Quote:
We shall see in the future who pays for it.
If it's built it will be us. Trump already proposed the funding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies