Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 02:25 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
How about ...

"But, she won the popular vote"

"Not my President"

"Russia influenced the election"

"Obamacare is solvent and helping people"

"The GOP did the same thing to Obama"

"Trump hates immigrants" (ignoring "illegal")

"It's all Bush's fault"
Good point about leaving out "illegal."

However I don't believe Trumps hates illegal immigrants. I believe he thinks there are voters who hate them and want them gone, and Trump said he'd do that.

Trump could do that Monday with an Executive Order that says from now on ICE will be focusing on employers. Anyone found to be employing those without the proper legal documents will have their assets seized while the courts sort out how much financial benefit was gained via this illegal activity.

By May, we could be picking our own watermelons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:27 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
[quote=latimeria;47630805]Yes, I know this won't be taken well by a lot here. But I'm in a saucy mood and will say what I am thinking as a moderate independent who reads a lot here. Is there some sort of Trump Magic 8 ball out there that spits out all of these sayings that are so silly and meaningless?

MAGA!

Trump has done more in X amount of time than Obama ever did in 8 years

Winning

But Hillary!

But Obama!

Lock her up!

Build the wall

Look at all the jobs that Trump created

Add yours [/quote

Add mine. OK. White privilege

Institutional racism.

Homophobia

Xenophobia

Dreamers

Oppression ( of women and "minorities)

White male stereotypes

The KKK (as if they really matter)

Gender identity

Sanctuary cities

But...Christians!

Islamophobia (or..But MOST Muslims are not!)

Right ing terrorism (as if there's a lot of that going on)

and last but not least "Common sense" as applied to left wing political agendas.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:30 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,889 times
Sick of hearing:

Fake news

Snowflake

Sheeple

Not sure who died and left RWNJs arbiters of what is bold and manly now.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:34 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So what is something specific that you consider to be a whine?
On the whining: "Hillary won the popular vote." "Hillary should have won." "A new poll at CNN says...

Also: "Trump is alleged to..........", "an anonymous source has said that Trump........", "Trump COULD......" which is translated to Trump did by the liberals,

Old 03-25-2017, 03:04 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World
To be honest there wasn't much of a choice, for all people like to have a laugh at Trump, I really don't think Hillary Clinton would have been a good President.

I just enjoy a nice cold beer or a nice glass of wine and have a good laugh at Trump, if nothing else he is at least quality entertainment.

I also firmly believe Trump does actually love the US and is not the usual career type politician, and I did have a laugh at all those Hillary supporters crying over an election. I have never cried over an election result in my life, and never would, and if that's the kind of people Hillary supporters then you have to conclude that America had a lucky escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't think they were crying over who lost. Very few democrats even like Clinton, but rather they were crying over who won.

People were genuinely freaked out.

Either way it is just as pathetic.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:17 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
Excuse me, but I'm a little perturbed at your equating a standard political slogan like "MAGA" with exhortations to urge what has amounted to lynching, or extrajudicial execution, of a political opponent, like "Lock her up! String her up!" - which should horrify all rational Americans.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Dystopian

Art of the Deal

Deal Maker

Bigly

The Closer

Old 03-25-2017, 03:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Yes, I know this won't be taken well by a lot here. But I'm in a saucy mood and will say what I am thinking as a moderate independent who reads a lot here. Is there some sort of Trump Magic 8 ball out there that spits out all of these sayings that are so silly and meaningless?

MAGA!

Trump has done more in X amount of time than Obama ever did in 8 years

Winning

But Hillary!

But Obama!

Lock her up!

Build the wall

Look at all the jobs that Trump created

Add yours
Everything liberals say.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:45 PM

1,158 posts, read 962,214 times
Moronic unpresidential tweets

Old 03-25-2017, 03:46 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
To Angie682 ^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies