Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:17 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,229,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Ill Take Two Please, I find your information...not believable.
take time to learn the truth. red pill time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 01:27 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,982,420 times
Quote:
Why does Trump continue to use Obama administration unemployment figures then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
He doesn't.
Unemployment numbers not 'phony' to Trump anymore - CNNPolitics.com

Old 03-27-2017, 01:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The Dow is currently in the midst of its worst losing streak since 2011 as investors no longer see Trump's pro-business agenda as a slam-dunk.

Now this doesn't mean we are automatically headed for recession. Something would need to spook the markets to the point that it causes credit to dry up and lending to become more difficult for there to be recession. However, I think that this is starting to look more and more likely, at least sometime between now and 2020.

I honestly believe the less of Trump's agenda gets implemented, the better in terms of long-term economic growth prospects. A lot of people don't realize that moderate growth like we saw during Obama's second term is better for the nation and more sustainable than excesses like we were experiencing pre-2008. However, I do think the current economy is a lot more fragile than most realize and it wouldn't take much to send us into a recession. The repeal of Dodd-Frank is specifically alarming as many of the regulations were safeguards against another banking crisis like we saw in 2008.

One thing that is certain is that if recession is imminent, Trump owns it. Obama handed over an economy that was in pretty good shape. If we go into recession due to either government incompetence or trade policies, it's all on Trump.

What are your thoughts?
Where the heck are you getting your information? and may I add, normally a recession is caused by a previous administration. It is way to soon to judge what will happen under Trump.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:34 PM

78,675 posts, read 60,878,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The Dow is currently in the midst of its worst losing streak since 2011 as investors no longer see Trump's pro-business agenda as a slam-dunk.

Now this doesn't mean we are automatically headed for recession.
So, let's see.

1. You crawfished from your own thread title in your very first post.
2. You're cherry picking data points where the market has fallen back a little bit after a big surge and project catastrophe out of partisanship.

Well that certainly seems like and honest, unbiased, intelligent analysis of things.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:36 PM

8,443 posts, read 7,460,075 times
Quote:
take time to learn the truth. red pill time.
Lessee...according to Ill...

Quote:
Give us a break. Obama handed over one of the worst economy's in the history of the US. Completely smoke and mirrors with fabricated job creation that even his own spokespeople admitted to. He added 9 TRILLION in debt and a healthcare system in ruins. Not to mention a pension crisis and huge gaps in SS, medicare, medicaid, etc. The list is far too long to continue. THIS IS 100% on OBAMA. 100%.
Which is direct contrast to what I experienced over the past eight years.

My job almost disappeared in 2008, but the economic rebound saved it.

My income increased - significantly.

My house has more than doubled in value.

My 401K value has shot thru the roof.

And my health care? Right now I don't have to worry about not being unable to get health insurance due to an existing pre-condition.

Look, I get that you're here to fertilize the astro-turf, but I'm gonna believe my own experiences rather than your feeble posts.....

Old 03-27-2017, 01:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,127,654 times
The first page of this thread shows how some conservatives live in a fact-free bubble.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:44 PM

25,652 posts, read 17,396,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post

My 401K value has shot thru the roof...........
How insane.

You house has doubled in value since 2008, which was 1/3 of what it was in 2006.
Your 401K value has shot through the roof since 2008, after collapsing totally in 2007.

So if you take a longer view, you ain't going anywhere. I'm glad your job was saved, but not everyone had that happen.

And pay raises are a thing of the past. Glad you are doing well and all, but most people are not doing that well.
You may try, but you will not succeed in making everyone see the world through your eyes and only up to your horizon. Foolish to try.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,652,291 times
Quote:
Give us a break. Obama handed over one of the worst economy's in the history of the US. Completely smoke and mirrors with fabricated job creation that even his own spokespeople admitted to. He added 9 TRILLION in debt and a healthcare system in ruins. Not to mention a pension crisis and huge gaps in SS, medicare, medicaid, etc. The list is far too long to continue. THIS IS 100% on OBAMA. 100%.
hard luck matey, the numbers all say you are wrong. you can cry out and rage if you like. But HISTORY has already been written.

OBAMA, not bush nor TRUMP Just presided over the biggest recovery in our modern history. Sorry to burst your "bubble".

Old 03-27-2017, 02:32 PM

8,443 posts, read 7,460,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
How insane.
Niiiice selective quote. I was responding to the balderdash from our local astro turf vendor.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:33 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,229,529 times
Quote:
Which is direct contrast to what I experienced over the past eight years.

My 401K value has shot thru the roof.

And my health care? Right now I don't have to worry about not being unable to get health insurance due to an existing pre-condition.

Look, I get that you're here to fertilize the astro-turf, but I'm gonna believe my own experiences rather than your feeble posts.....
most of the above is the result of 9 trillion in additional debt, political manipulation and interest rates at 5000 year lows -- none of which would be needed in a healthy economy. bubbles are everywhere and demand has been pushed forward. virtually everything is manipulated and you either believe math or you believe govt. statistics. that increase in pay - offset by inflation. that house price increase - offset by housing price increases plus higher real estate taxes. that 401k increase - enjoy it while you have it and you better hope a lot of it isn't in govt. bonds. for every one of you there are two not so fortunate in terms of employment or savings - if we are to believe your reporting. 60% of Americans have virtually no savings - none.

since everything is so great you should have no problem with the FED raising rates to historical norms of around 5.5%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies