Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Anyone that can p!$$ off liberals day after day is doing a good job.
But he is also pissing off conservatives. As the failure of the health care bill shows. They're just more quiet about it, because they think because he is in their party (now), they can ride him to where they want to go.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
and take McCain WITH HIM...
McCain goes when either McCain or his constituents decide he goes.

Neither Trump nor Priebus can do anything at all about it - except Trump will of course tweet. How masterful.

Last edited by jacqueg; 03-28-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-28-2017, 10:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Isn't it amazing how we each perceive President Trump in 2 totally different ways? That's what makes America great!

1. He has a large, healthy ego, so I do not think he is insecure, by any means... Is he worried about doing a good job as president, with very little political experience? Of course! But don't mistake that for being insecure.
His history is littered with gross exaggerations of things he'd done that would be considered good work without exaggeration, perhaps that large ego isn't as healthy as you think? Personally, I believe in some strange way he's still trying to please long deceased father who by all accounts was very rough on him.

Quote:
2. He makes me laugh. He says rather bluntly at times (I like blunt) what is on his mind. Does it turn heads? Of course! He is not politically correct and wants to run his own tight ship. That is who he is, not afraid to say what's on his mind.
What's so acceptable about our country being represented by someone who shoots from the lip? Don't we have the right to be represented by someone who thinks before speaking? I really don't understand the fascination with one speaking in a non-PC style when there's little substance involved.

Quote:
3. He has not given up on healthcare. He will be working on this again in the future and hopefully find a better health program that works for everyone. I think he realized that the program needed to be adjusted. Do Democrats want to be part of the decision on this, when Trump and his team re-look at the healthcare program? It was not the Republicans who created this nightmare.
While not his fault entirely, the Rs have had more than 7 years to come up with a plan and failed, Trump certainly made some promises that can only be described as empty and cheap at this point.

Quote:
4. Donald Trump lives and breathes his job. (even at 3:00 a.m.) He is always working on new ideas to make the country better.
Yeah, things like baselessly accusing a former POTUS of a felony are a real step forward in making the country better.

Quote:
5. What does he need from anyone? He has his own money. He has his own family. He has his family---- running the businesses. He wants to be a successful president. That is all he wants.
I think you've conveniently overlooked his insatiable need for attention and the stoking of his ego.

Quote:
6. Good grief, he won the most powerful position on the planet, on his very first attempt at public office. Whether you like him or despise him, you have to credit the man for doing something few individuals have ever done before.
Considering the two choices, was it really a great accomplishment? Especially considering the popular vote? And winning won't determine his legacy, it's what he'll do with that win. So far I'd say rating him average would be extremely generous.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You want to know what makes him so popular?

Some of these are the driving force of a successful person! They are how I perceive him.

1. Confident

2. Funny

3. Determined

4. Dedicated

5. Thinks of others

6. A People-person
Please share with me your supplier's contact info. That is some seriously good stuff you're on.

I think the fact that you see Trump like this, and that I am at a loss to understand why says everything about the political division we are experiencing.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:19 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Anyone that can p!$$ off liberals day after day is doing a good job.
they should make Tshirts for Trump voters with this printed on it...b/c it's literally all you care about....can't explain why anything is good or bad- just that it angers liberals...binary thinking at it's best...
the sad part is 99.9% of times most of the people who think like this would certainly be better served by policies of Democrats; instead they cheer as their access to healthcare is stripped, their tax burden is increased to finance vacation properties for billionaires, their water and air is poisoned "for jobs", our standing in the world continues to fall actually increasing the likelihood of terror attacks, their jobs are sent overseas without any adequate education or retraining for those effected...

but it's all ok since it pi$$es of liberals...right? that's literally the nexus of your (lack of) thought....

Old 03-28-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
thank you. Sometimes when i read a post like yours, it brings a real smile to my face. I guess that is the weak and shallow part of my personality. I wish i was a better person, but i can't help it. "old school" just how old is your school? 1494? 1823? it must be damn old. is it even a school, maybe its more of a sect?
I'm pretty sure Jefferson would have had some choice words about Trump.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:21 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You people lie.

Sorry, nothing you say is of value, its just lie after lie, twist after twist.
citations? any proof? anything at all??

Old 03-28-2017, 10:52 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
The use of the word Marxist in the original post is either hyperbole or proof the OP has no idea on true political definitions.

I know a good number of Trump supporters.
NONE have abandoned him.
ALL think he should get the *&%! off Twitter.
Most think he needs to go to Florida less.

I'm one of those that still support him.
I've not - and will not ever, abandon him.
He should - but won't, get off of Twitter.
When he goes to Florida, it's not like he's clocking out... he's still working.
It may APPEAR that he's on vacation, but he hasn't stopped working since day one.
And, the more dems he pisses off, the more I like it - knowing that it means he's DOING HIS JOB!

Old 03-28-2017, 10:53 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If he did repeal Obamacare on the first try, then liberals would be declaring civil war right about now. lol.

Everything happens in good time.
That was not strategy on his part. That was a full-blown failure.

But keep telling yourself whatever it takes to rationalize voting for this idiot.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
citations? any proof? anything at all??
Trump cult members don't need proof. They're just like their dumb daddy. They believe things they want to believe because they want to believe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies