Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM

112 posts, read 69,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
The bill of sale is registered. That's what notaries are for.

What State do you live in? You don't have to answer that but I don't know any State that the bill of sale is registered!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 02:23 AM

328 posts, read 240,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
If started today, only the law abiding legal guns would be registered. how do you get to the others. you cannot stop "straw sales". with thousands of gun laws out there ;have they got all the guns away from the punk gangsters.
If accidental deaths are your main concern, most happen to younger kids. But that is not the main thing killing them, Cars,bikes and pools kill alot more.guns are 5th on the list. wheres the out cry for all of that. recently there was a case of a gun owner sued because he did not secure his guns well enough. the two pukes breakin to his home, 1st crime. then broke open a metal cabinet, not a major safe, and stole his guns, 2nd crime. then shot someone, 3rd. homeowner was concidered the cause of it all. go figure.
That story is why I believe that we have to be very careful when it comes to our "rights". Political correctness, ALCU and similar groups are actually infringing on the average American who is walking on eggshells because he/she doesn't know who might sue him/her next.

I guess that's one of the reasons that I absolutely love Carlos Mencia, a comedian. He is not afraid of telling it like it is...some things that "politically correct" people really should hear.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:26 AM

328 posts, read 240,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
No way should that person be liable. If you sell your car and the person you sold it to did not register it and ran somebody over should you be the responsible party?
FFHD...I must recant...I think you had a very good argument until the story about the homeowner. It's just difficult for me to believe that something like that can happen in the United States.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:55 PM

46 posts, read 105,328 times
"The New Christian Reformation Libertarian Party of America" ...is the new road to better paths, for our choices.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM

753 posts, read 759,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuban View Post
What State do you live in? You don't have to answer that but I don't know any State that the bill of sale is registered!
I live in Scotland. No guns here and much lower gun deaths here thank God. If you want the real facts, not MoMark-reality, I'd be happy to give them to you.

No state has the bill of sale registered. No state prosecutes negligent gun owners either.

And America worries about the holocaust against gun owners? Sheesh.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:02 PM

112 posts, read 69,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
I live in Scotland. No guns here and much lower gun deaths here thank God. If you want the real facts, not MoMark-reality, I'd be happy to give them to you.

No state has the bill of sale registered. No state prosecutes negligent gun owners either.

And America worries about the holocaust against gun owners? Sheesh.

FFHd for some reason you are one person I hate to argue with. I think your basically a very nice person that hates war and guns. Your strong stance against both is well noted. I am a Republican for many reasons and I know you have a problem with those in that party because of our stance. Republicans are misunderstood by people like yourself. We do not like war but we believe that as long as there is evil in the world war is eminent. We support gun rights for many reasons but we definitely are against criminals and murders that use it for the wrong reason. I am a Cuban American who had to escape Cuba because of Castro. I believe if the same thing was to happen here in America we would at least have the means to fight back. Our forefathers wrote the right to bear arms into our constitution for that very reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies