Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 07:28 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Violent crime is also up by 13% since 2015 and robbery is up 17% since 2015.

http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/cityprof.pdf

The situation on the ground in Los Angeles where I have been many times is not good at all.

Los Angeles has a pretentious arrogant mindset, that the rough days are over and they don't have to have much of police presence. For a world city, it is stunning how few police I see when ever I am in Los Angeles.

They have so few police, I didn't see them at the Blue Line Stations in Compton and Watts.

I can't blame the police for just going from call to call as the story suggests.

I have heard people who visit New York City say that the police are on almost every block.

LAPD really doesn't have that robust of a police force and it shows. I wonder how many actual patrol officers they have per-capita compared to New York City and other major cities.
LA is spread out nyc isnt. You can go to some outer boroughs and not see cops at every block. Your point can be summarized by cops dont want to do their jobs because its too hard. The last two years I been working a lot with police departments I have yet to meet an officer who doesnt think something needs to be reformed, what I actually have heard its that they mostly blame the new generation, they tell me that they have academy graduates who have never been in a fight their whole lives, who are on their phones all the time and dont have the interpersonal skills that a normal adult had in previous generations.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:05 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
The anti police movement got their wish. Now they can live with the consequences.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Good. We are realizing that quota's are a bad thing. There have been officers fired for making up arrests to meet quota's. So the question is, are arrests down or are reported arrests down?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:14 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Police are no longer interested in your safety, only their own. I don't blame them.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:21 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
I've known some LA cops back in the day and those MF were bad a**, maybe too much testosterone but they got the job done. I wonder if the neutered cops will get it done, maybe it's better to sissyfy the police force a bit but too much and watch what happens....see the video posted about 3 female cops getting beaten up by a migrant and needing some civilian males who got the migrant under control until they pulled him off the migrant whereupon he commenced kicking their butts and then walking off.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I've known some LA cops back in the day and those MF were bad a**, maybe too much testosterone but they got the job done. I wonder if the neutered cops will get it done, maybe it's better to sissyfy the police force a bit but too much and watch what happens....see the video posted about 3 female cops getting beaten up by a migrant and needing some civilian males who got the migrant under control until they pulled him off the migrant whereupon he commenced kicking their butts and then walking off.
Yeah, the Chippie pounding that homeless black woman in the face was one bad MF, I guess. As were the six cops that ganged up on the homeless white guy and beat him to death. Really tough guys.

And according to you it seems, exactly the type of law enforcement that is needed if we arent to be watched over by "sissies" who dont beat the helpless and weak.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:30 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
those police pensions are so sweet why take a chance of getting hurt and missing out?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Talk about people wishing for bad things to defend their ideology. Sad sad sad.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:04 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yvanka has taken an official role at the White House so she has to take the bad with the good. She is not like any other President's child...she and her husband are both working at the White House advising the President. They are now in the realm of public figures. If President Obama's kids, or if Chelsea Clinton had sit in on a meeting with the Japanese Prime Minister in an official capacity -- then I guess we could have treated them like a public official too.

I'm not a fan of protests but I'm lazy. I own it....I appreciate they are frustrated and worried about our air and water and health care but it is silly to disrupt the neighbors to try and get Yvanka's attention.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:27 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So, being filmed is having the desired effect of reducing police abuse and criminal behavior?

I was watching a British police show the other day. The cops raved about how great the cameras were. Everything they saw was recorded for evidentiary purposes and it gave an unbiased account of interactions with people. Any good cop should be happy to have a neutral record.

The only ones who don't want it known are the ones who break the rules and the ones who want to cover up for them.
I think you are putting a partisan spin on it. Not that there isn't any truth to what you are saying, but you are ignoring what the cops are saying.

US cops feel arresting people for small crimes won't keep the criminal off the street as they get out quicker. Stopping someone meets more public resistance. There are stories of an officer stopping someone and an angry crowd gathers sometimes 2 dozen or more people calling the cops name, acting aggressively, and filming him. It isn't as safe for cops to make routine stops unless you know that the stop is serious.

They get less support from their supervisors and local government. They get verbally blasted as racists for making more stops in high crime rate neighborhoods, because that means more blacks are stopped. So they do less stops in the high crime rate neighborhoods and then they get blasted as more blacks get murdered.

The US has rougher neighborhoods than the typical British neighborhood - look at the murder rates, etc...

The US averages ~150 cops murdered a single year --- the UK has had a total of 256 cops killed over a 67 year period.

In the US over 58,000 police officers are violently assaulted a year. Cops have a tougher job in the inner city of the US than in the UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies