Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:04 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

I never believed Trump to be the great savior. He was, and is, the best choice of the limited choices that were available.

Bannon doesn't lack competency. But he is naive if he thinks he can "dismantle the administrative state". The swamp isn't going to let itself be drained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 06:08 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
America needs to fire Trump. Problem solved.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:11 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never believed Trump to be the great savior. He was, and is, the best choice of the limited choices that were available.

Bannon doesn't lack competency. But he is naive if he thinks he can "dismantle the administrative state". The swamp isn't going to let itself be drained.
That swamp isn't going to be drained without a fight, and ol punch drunk isn't up to the task.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:22 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Not if he hires someone liberals hate more.
Maybe David Duke.

I have mixed feelings if Trump ends up jettisoning Bannon. On the one hand, he will be discharging someone that helped him win and formulate a winning strategy. On the other hand, if you're entirely dissatisfied with an employee, you should fire him/her.

I think at this point, Trump wants to be a successful President and is willing to do anything, including firing Bannon if he deems it necessary, to accomplish his goals.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:04 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
LOL. I couldn't care less who Trump gets advice from. The sooner this train wreck completely implodes the better. I enjoy watching him completely change course every few days. Every pic of him shows this job is wearing him down. We all know where this presidency is headed, best to sit back and enjoy the show.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:14 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It seems increasingly obvious from the reports coming out of the White House that Bannon and Kushner are fighting for the soul of the administration. It also seems pretty obvious that Kushner is going to win this fight. Trump is known to rely on family first and foremost. Kushner has been his most trusted advisor for years whereas Bannon is a relative newcomer. Furthermore, Bannon's first few political ventures have been disastrous. The man lacks competency. So if Trump does the smart thing and throws the bum overboard how will you react? Anger? Happiness? Indifference?
Neither are qualified to be there in the first place so the smart thing is to broom both of them.

However, I am sure Bannon is done and little Jared will survive - unfortunately.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:19 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
America needs to fire Trump. Problem solved.

America never hired him in the first place but you're right.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:44 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
Because you're a typical Trump lemming....it's not about what's best for the nation, it's about angering liberals. Never mind that unless you're a millionaire most liberal policies would help you. It's all about Daddy making libs mad right

Old 04-16-2017, 08:14 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I voted for Trump and continue to support him. I believe he was the best candidate for the job and capable of handling the job well. I had no intention of micromanaging what he does once elected. He has information and knowledge of things that the majority of citizens do not, therefore, he is in a much better position to make decisions and having voted for him, I put my trust in him to do as he feels appropriate.

I can't believe there is a string of anti-Trump threads everyday and so reminds me of grade school, "Guess what Don did?" It truly shows how those people do not have a clue of how our government and economics work. Time would be better spent in educating themselves rather than engaging in gossip, especially from publications from the UK!

Old 04-16-2017, 08:21 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,942 times
All I care about is results, there will be growing pains getting there and we won't be able to draw conclusions for several years. No one is indispensable, no one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies