Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 07:12 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
More silliness by someone who doesn't understand vaccination.

First, parents can homeschool or send a child to private school. Public school is not mandatory. What is mandatory is that the children be receiving an education that meets certain basic minimums. The cost of private school depends on the institution. Catholic parochial schools where I live offer cheap tuition. However, they probably require vaccination too. That's the non-vaxxers problem, not mine. If you want to private school your kids, find a private school that doesn't require vaccination.

Second, this point has been made over and over again. No vaccine has 100% efficacy. However, if the entire population is immunized, the effect of vaccination not working for a handful in the herd is not important. The rest who did obtain immunity from vaccination protect those who for some reason did not get it. On the other hand, if you allow anyone who wants to not be vaccinated, you no longer have a herd or herd immunity. I wish anti-vaxxers would get this simple point through their head and stop making this "nothing to fear" argument like a bunch of bleating sheep.

Third, when was the last time you saw a case of measles or mumps in your community? Do you imagine those diseases simply magically disappeared? They disappeared because of the fact that these vaccines have an efficacy rate of 90% or so and the vast majority of kids get them. Vaccines do protect. They protect from everything, but ignorance.
I live in tinyasville so I just picked my State.

Measles outbreak expected to spread closer to KC metro | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Whooping cough and measles hitting Northeast Kansas | KSNT News

State health department confirms measles return to Kansas

KDHE confirms 11 cases of measles in Sedgwick County | The Wichita Eagle

Measles likely to hit KC again, doctors warn | The Kansas City Star

In my best smiling dairy cow voice. "ERMAGHERD! GERBERMEHNTS GERT SHERTS!"

but... but the herd! Get vaccinated they said... you won't get measles they said...

Then out of the other side of their mouths they spew, "...but if you don't get vaccinated, you can cause people who did get vaccinated to get sick and maybe even die!!!"

I thought the purpose of getting a vaccination was to prevent you from getting that virus or disease after being vaccinated. Either the vaccines work or they don't.

From all the hysterics like the post above, it makes one seriously question whether modern vaccinations (past 20-30 years) are anything more than a placebo, because IF a person who wasn't vaccinated can infect someone who was, then the vaccination OBVIOUSLY didn't work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even the folks who have been vaccinated can carry and transmit these viruses and can infect anyone with whom they come into contact.

"ERMAGHERD!"

Old 04-23-2017, 07:28 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, it is not a "tacit confession that vaccines do not protect". Most vaccines are effective 90 to 95% of the time. The unvaccinated are a threat because they are the ones who are most likely to become infected, and when they do, pass the disease to the few for whom the vaccine did not work (including those who were vaccinated but now are immunosuppressed), those who have medical contraindications to vaccines, and babies too young to be vaccinated.

Yours is the defective logic. You choose to deny facts.
Wrong again ... surprise surprise. The real fact is, THE VACCINATED are the ones most likely to spread disease through "shedding" in the days post vaccination. This ought to be obvious given that isolated outbreaks in the US occur among communities with high vaccination coverage .... affecting primarily those who actually are vaccinated!!! Of course, you would like to deny that, but you really can't, given the instructions to immune compromised individuals to avoid close contact with freshly vaccinated individuals. The truth is obvious to those paying attention to such details.

Quote:
No, vaccines are not 100% safe. They are 99.999999% safe. Demanding that last 0.000001% is an expression of the logical nirvana fallacy.
Says who? Oh yes, those who WILL NEVER ADMIT vaccine damage under any circumstances? The lies and deception occurring in this industry knows no equal when it comes to denial of damage they are inflicting. So that absurd safety number isn't remotely real, or believable. And to be quite blunt, anyone with two brain cells capable of shaking hands would automatically reject such blathering nonsense, given the resources expended by vaccine makers to BUY their product liability exemption from the bribe takers on Capitol Hill. If the products were even remotely close to being that safe, no liability exemption would be needed, nor would there need to be a special kangaroo court to hear vaccine damage cases.

Quote:
Vaccine makers are not shielded from a defect in the product, only from adverse reactions to properly manufactured vaccines for which known risks are disclosed. Those adverse reactions happen due to a problem in the biology of the person that has the reaction. We have a system in place to compensate such people. The drug company is not and should not be held responsible when millions take the same product and do not react badly to it. It would be wonderful if there were an inexpensive test we could give everyone before vaccinating anyone that would predict who will react badly, but such a test does not exist.
So many fallacies here that I hardly know where to begin ... but let's start with "who"? Who decides what constitutes a "defect" in the product, and what constitutes "properly manufactured"? Oh yes, the UNPRECEDENTED special "kangaroo" "vaccine court" which novelly exists outside of our standard judicial system ... completely unique to the vaccine industry! No other industry has ever enjoyed such outrageous protection from product liability. Totally unprecedented ... and the reason is so blatantly obvious. Secondly, just because someone doesn't drop dead ... become paralyzed ... or suffer severe brain damage, doesn't mean they have not been damaged or suffered a bad "reaction", given that such long term consequences of vaccine damage will never be attributed to the vaccine .... i.e., the TENS OF MILLIONS inadvertently infected with cancer and leukemia viruses found in the Polio vaccine by Maurice Hilleman of Merck. I could go on for days, but let that little tidbit sink in, whilst one calculates the explosion of cancer and leukemia cases occurring years and decades later.

Quote:
No one will force you to vaccinate. The only way you can justify being anti-vaccine is by exaggerating the risks of the vaccines and ignoring the risks of the diseases they prevent.

The reason that vaccines can be mandated is because their risks are so very, very low.
Can you explain the difference between "forced" and "mandated" please?

Quote:
Vaccines have saved millions of lives. That's a fact, too. If you want to risk your child's life by not vaccinating, no one can prevent you from doing that. What can be done is to reduce exposure of other children to your child by requiring vaccination in order to attend public school.
Another empty industry claim that has not one shred of evidence to support it. The reality is, there is not one single threat facing the health of children today greater than the outrageous amounts of vaccines being pumped into them beginning 1 hour after birth. Of course, if one were to step outside of the brainwashing program, they'd naturally question the sanity of pumping live and dead viruses, heavy metals, animal DNA fragments, mycoplasmas, among other foreign substances into a healthy baby's body for which his or her immune system has yet to become fully developed.

This insanity isn't far off the craziness of the much earlier medical treatments, such as drilling holes in people's heads to let evil spirits out. But the human mind can apparently be convinced to believe anything, so long as it is repeated often enough, by enough people accepted as "authorities".

Old 04-23-2017, 07:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Agreed, Mark! See this graphic for a visual explanation of "herd immunity".
https://www.google.com/search?q=herd...tGEFLsaAkB2nM:

The Cali law does require private school students to be vaccinated as well, but as discussed, there's not much right now that can be done in the way of sanctions on them. I imagine that as in Colorado, some schools are more compliant than others.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Wrong again ... surprise surprise. The real fact is, THE VACCINATED are the ones most likely to spread disease through "shedding" in the days post vaccination. This ought to be obvious given that isolated outbreaks in the US occur among communities with high vaccination coverage .... affecting primarily those who actually are vaccinated!!! Of course, you would like to deny that, but you really can't, given the instructions to immune compromised individuals to avoid close contact with freshly vaccinated individuals. The truth is obvious to those paying attention to such details.

Says who? Oh yes, those who WILL NEVER ADMIT vaccine damage under any circumstances? The lies and deception occurring in this industry knows no equal when it comes to denial of damage they are inflicting. So that absurd safety number isn't remotely real, or believable. And to be quite blunt, anyone with two brain cells capable of shaking hands would automatically reject such blathering nonsense, given the resources expended by vaccine makers to BUY their product liability exemption from the bribe takers on Capitol Hill. If the products were even remotely close to being that safe, no liability exemption would be needed, nor would there need to be a special kangaroo court to hear vaccine damage cases.

So many fallacies here that I hardly know where to begin ... but let's start with "who"? Who decides what constitutes a "defect" in the product, and what constitutes "properly manufactured"? Oh yes, the UNPRECEDENTED special "kangaroo" "vaccine court" which novelly exists outside of our standard judicial system ... completely unique to the vaccine industry! No other industry has ever enjoyed such outrageous protection from product liability. Totally unprecedented ... and the reason is so blatantly obvious. Secondly, just because someone doesn't drop dead ... become paralyzed ... or suffer severe brain damage, doesn't mean they have not been damaged or suffered a bad "reaction", given that such long term consequences of vaccine damage will never be attributed to the vaccine .... i.e., the TENS OF MILLIONS inadvertently infected with cancer and leukemia viruses found in the Polio vaccine by Maurice Hilleman of Merck. I could go on for days, but let that little tidbit sink in, whilst one calculates the explosion of cancer and leukemia cases occurring years and decades later.

Can you explain the difference between "forced" and "mandated" please?

Another empty industry claim that has not one shred of evidence to support it. The reality is, there is not one single threat facing the health of children today greater than the outrageous amounts of vaccines being pumped into them beginning 1 hour after birth. Of course, if one were to step outside of the brainwashing program, they'd naturally question the sanity of pumping live and dead viruses, heavy metals, animal DNA fragments, mycoplasmas, among other foreign substances into a healthy baby's body for which his or her immune system has yet to become fully developed.

This insanity isn't far off the craziness of the much earlier medical treatments, such as drilling holes in people's heads to let evil spirits out. But the human mind can apparently be convinced to believe anything, so long as it is repeated often enough, by enough people accepted as "authorities".
I'll take some of this Gish-gallop:

"Shedding" is a myth. https://www.verywell.com/live-vaccin...edding-2633700
Now this happens to be written from the viewpoint that the parent wants to vaccinate. The information, however, is the same in any event. NO measles outbreak in this country or any other is primarily among the vaccinated, even though most people are vaccinated. No, compromised people are NOT advised to stay away from recently vaccinated people for any vaccines used in the US. People who get a rash after a chickenpox vaccination (1 in 20 vaccinnees) are advised to avoid contact with the immunocompromised.
https://www.stjude.org/treatment/pat...uidelines.html

"Vaccine court" is not a "Kangaroo Court" and vaccines are not the only product with such legal protection. Guns are as well. In point of fact, "vaccine court" is far more favorable to plaintiffs than regular civil court. Attorney's fees are paid as well.
https://violentmetaphors.com/2013/11...lin-mcroberts/

Hilleman was joking, as is evident to anyone who watches the video.

Saying there are animal DNA fragments, and mycoplasmas in vaccines is analogous to saying there is dirt in apple juice. These things are used to grow the viruses.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-23-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 04-23-2017, 08:13 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I live in tinyasville so I just picked my State.

Measles outbreak expected to spread closer to KC metro | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

Whooping cough and measles hitting Northeast Kansas | KSNT News

State health department confirms measles return to Kansas

KDHE confirms 11 cases of measles in Sedgwick County | The Wichita Eagle

Measles likely to hit KC again, doctors warn | The Kansas City Star

In my best smiling dairy cow voice. "ERMAGHERD! GERBERMEHNTS GERT SHERTS!"

but... but the herd! Get vaccinated they said... you won't get measles they said...

Then out of the other side of their mouths they spew, "...but if you don't get vaccinated, you can cause people who did get vaccinated to get sick and maybe even die!!!"

I thought the purpose of getting a vaccination was to prevent you from getting that virus or disease after being vaccinated. Either the vaccines work or they don't.

From all the hysterics like the post above, it makes one seriously question whether modern vaccinations (past 20-30 years) are anything more than a placebo, because IF a person who wasn't vaccinated can infect someone who was, then the vaccination OBVIOUSLY didn't work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Even the folks who have been vaccinated can carry and transmit these viruses and can infect anyone with whom they come into contact.

"ERMAGHERD!"

Most of your articles reference the "Disneyland Measles Outbreak of 2014".

The articles could not make out a better case for compulsory measles vaccination. The disease was brought to America by unvaccinated Americans who traveled overseas and brought it back to the USA. Most of the people who got the disease here in the USA was unvaccinated.

The idea that "modern vaccinations are a placebo" shows great ignorance. My first question is: How old are you?

I'm 57 and when I was a child diseases like mumps, rubella, and chicken pox were common. Every kid got them. Not just the handful of people that are referenced in your articles.

What do you think happened to those millions of cases of measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox that we used to see? Do you think someone waved a magic wand and they just disappeared? The only explanation for their disappearance is vaccination. We see outbreaks--like the one at Disneyland--when an unvaccinated person spreads the disease to other people who weren't vaccinated.

Measles is a disease which could probably be literally wiped off the face of the Earth if everyone would vaccinate.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
More silliness by someone who doesn't understand vaccination.

First, parents can homeschool or send a child to private school. Public school is not mandatory. What is mandatory is that the children be receiving an education that meets certain basic minimums. The cost of private school depends on the institution. Catholic parochial schools where I live offer cheap tuition. However, they probably require vaccination too. That's the non-vaxxers problem, not mine. If you want to private school your kids, find a private school that doesn't require vaccination.

Second, this point has been made over and over again. No vaccine has 100% efficacy. However, if the entire population is immunized, the effect of vaccination not working for a handful in the herd is not important. The rest who did obtain immunity from vaccination protect those who for some reason did not get it. On the other hand, if you allow anyone who wants to not be vaccinated, you no longer have a herd or herd immunity. I wish anti-vaxxers would get this simple point through their head and stop making this "nothing to fear" argument like a bunch of bleating sheep.

Third, when was the last time you saw a case of measles or mumps in your community? Do you imagine those diseases simply magically disappeared? They disappeared because of the fact that these vaccines have an efficacy rate of 90% or so and the vast majority of kids get them. Vaccines do protect. They protect from everything, but ignorance.
I wish someone would inform you nuts that you are not really sheep, nor other animal, and consequently not part of a herd. But you do seem to have second to a "hive mind" .... so maybe "hive immunity" would be a more proper label.

I find the designation to be highly offensive myself.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:26 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Most of your articles reference the "Disneyland Measles Outbreak of 2014".

The articles could not make out a better case for compulsory measles vaccination. The disease was brought to America by unvaccinated Americans who traveled overseas and brought it back to the USA. Most of the people who got the disease here in the USA was unvaccinated.

The idea that "modern vaccinations are a placebo" shows great ignorance. My first question is: How old are you?

I'm 57 and when I was a child diseases like mumps, rubella, and chicken pox were common. Every kid got them. Not just the handful of people that are referenced in your articles.

What do you think happened to those millions of cases of measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox that we used to see? Do you think someone waved a magic wand and they just disappeared? The only explanation for their disappearance is vaccination. We see outbreaks--like the one at Disneyland--when an unvaccinated person spreads the disease to other people who weren't vaccinated.

Measles is a disease which could probably be literally wiped off the face of the Earth if everyone would vaccinate.

Everything ^he^ said was coughbullsh!t. There is absolutely NO WAY for you to quantify that BS.

Mandated vaccination is a scam that only benefits the manufacturer of the vaccine.

If it was half as good as what you're ridiculously claiming, everyone would just line up to take it without mandates.

There is noting moral about being forced in a free society.
...in real Liberty, people are Free To Choose...

Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Everything ^he^ said was coughbullsh!t. There is absolutely NO WAY for you to quantify that BS.

Mandated vaccination is a scam that only benefits the manufacturer of the vaccine.

If it was half as good as what you're ridiculously claiming, everyone would just line up to take it without mandates.

There is noting moral about being forced in a free society.
...in real Liberty, people are Free To Choose...

Take a look at this article it contains indicate the number of measles cases before the introduction of the measles vaccine in 1962. There were about 400,000 cases of measles every year in this country at that time. Now, go the present time--past the year 2000. There are a handful of cases, but not even enough to show up on the graph.

Please explain to me why you believe 400,000 cases of measles no longer occur every year if you think vaccines are a hoax. Do you have an explanation? Do you think they fell into a black hole?

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/effectiveness/

Everyone who lives in America participates in a social contract. That social contract requires you to pay taxes and obey laws. Our country was founded on this premise as Thomas Jefferson and philosophers like John Locke would tell you.

States have police powers to protect the health, welfare, and safety of their citizens. Vaccinations are made compulsory by the state because they are effective in preventing contagious disease.

Claiming the world is flat wouldn't make it flat either. Some notions are crackpot notions.

Last edited by markg91359; 04-23-2017 at 08:56 PM..

Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I'll take some of this Gish-gallop:

"Shedding" is a myth. https://www.verywell.com/live-vaccin...edding-2633700
Now this happens to be written from the viewpoint that the parent wants to vaccinate. The information, however, is the same in any event. NO measles outbreak in this country or any other is primarily among the vaccinated, even though most people are vaccinated. No, compromised people are NOT advised to stay away from recently vaccinated people for any vaccines used in the US. People who get a rash after a chickenpox vaccination (1 in 20 vaccinnees) are advised to avoid contact with the immunocompromised.
Not a myth, and your claim is patently false ... even Johns Hopkins advises patients to avoid contact with recently vaccinated individuals, and Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR, rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months after vaccination.

Does that sound like a myth?

Quote:
Hilleman was joking, as is evident to anyone who watches the video.
Funny, I never mentioned the infamous video you dismiss .... I'm referring to the conference for which he spoke, entitled The detection of undetectable viruses, whereas he found cancer and leukemia viruses in the polio vaccines on the shelves at Merck. SV40 is one such cancer virus ... not a myth, nor a joke. The 40 stands for the fortieth simian virus identified. No joke!

Quote:
Saying there are animal DNA fragments, and mycoplasmas in vaccines is analogous to saying there is dirt in apple juice. These things are used to grow the viruses.
I don't recommend injecting dirty apple juice into children either.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Not a myth, and your claim is patently false ... even Johns Hopkins advises patients to avoid contact with recently vaccinated individuals, and Scientific evidence demonstrates that individuals vaccinated with live virus vaccines such as MMR, rotavirus, chicken pox, shingles and influenza can shed the virus for many weeks or months after vaccination.

Does that sound like a myth?

Funny, I never mentioned the infamous video you dismiss .... I'm referring to the conference for which he spoke, entitled The detection of undetectable viruses, whereas he found cancer and leukemia viruses in the polio vaccines on the shelves at Merck. SV40 is one such cancer virus ... not a myth, nor a joke. The 40 stands for the fortieth simian virus identified. No joke!

I don't recommend injecting dirty apple juice into children either.
No, Johns Hopkins does not say that.
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/kimme...atient%205.pdf
You show me where in here it says that. This is the most recent guide.

Yes, what you're saying sounds like a myth. Because it is.

Here's some more information about Hilleman and the zombie meme about SV40:

Polio vaccine causes cancer

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ano...d-polio-oh-my/
"In any case, this found footage was taken by Horowitz and woven into a conspiracy magnum opus of a film entitled In Lies We Trust: The CIA, Hollywood and Bioterrorism. (The complete segment begins just after the 2 hour mark.) If you listen to the actual interview (at around 2:15 in), you’ll see that it’s very clear that Hilleman, obviously aware of the conspiracy theories claiming that the AIDS virus derived from the virus used to make the early polio vaccine, was making a joke and that the people in the room during the interview realized it was a joke."

You missed the point about the apple juice. No matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies