Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:35 PM

624 posts, read 371,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I think this judge should step down and be replaced by Jared Kushner!

/S
Naw!!! They should beg for Judge Judy

Old 04-20-2017, 05:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,413,688 times
This is worse then a lot of people suspect. Especially since the Sessions office has doubled down on it. They don't respect our system of government, and basically think its wrong that they can't rule by executive order.

It demonstrates a truly disturbing level of either incompetence, or willful desire to damage our government from people who should know better.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:16 PM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Amazing that Supreme Court Justices in DC can make decisions that impact Hawaii and Alaska, they are so far away.
Almost on the edge of the earth.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,840,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This is worse then a lot of people suspect. Especially since the Sessions office has doubled down on it. They don't respect our system of government, and basically think its wrong that they can't rule by executive order.

It demonstrates a truly disturbing level of either incompetence, or willful desire to damage our government from people who should know better.
You act like the second part of Sessikns statement wasn't made.

Any person who takes an honest look at the executive order knows it is witthin the potus perview and that the judge is acting out of bias.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 PM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Session is shocked by leaks that are "quite serious" and plans to put people in jail.

Wish he was as serious about going after illegal behavior as he is about going after those who are talking about it.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,855,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
A Keebler elf. Not a Tolkien elf. Tolkien elves are hot.
Uh huh!

Woof!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:33 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,114,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!
One would have to be a ignorant bumpkin to not understand what Sessions said.

Where did Session say that Hawaii is not a state?

What he is amazed by, is that some state would stop the president from doing what he is clearly authorized to do.

I guess that is too much for the ignorant bumpkins to understand.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,413,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

What he is amazed by, is that some state would stop the president from doing what he is clearly authorized to do.

The supreme court will decide if he is or isnt. In the meantime yes the lower courts get a say.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:42 PM

57,409 posts, read 26,334,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

No problem with his first statement and then he went off the rails in his last sentence. I noticed he never even mentioned the Appeals Court in Maryland.

Keep in mind that this was all to be temporary for 90-120 until they could develop procedures, so where are the new vetting procedures? Why the need for an appeal just put the new process in place and be done with this court drama.

Quote:
"We won a case in Virginia recently that was a nicely-written order that just demolished, I thought, all the arguments that some of the other people have been making. We are confident that the President will prevail on appeal and particularly in the Supreme Court, if not the Ninth Circuit. So this is a huge matter. I really am amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific can issue an order that stops the President of the United States from what appears to be clearly his statutory and Constitutional power."

Old 04-20-2017, 06:42 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,410,808 times
so hawaii is not an island in the Pacific, somebody lied to me in school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.