Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 01:16 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,027,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
But it doesnt allow him to do that on the basis of religion.

Kind of like police officers have the power to shoot people. But they can't do it legally for giggles. And thats the point of why Trump lost in court. None of you have read ANY of the decisions have you?
I have read the applicable law. If you haven't read it, look it up and do so. Then come back here and tell us where in the law it says that there is ANY restriction of the President's power to do what the law authorizes him to do, for ANY reason.
I haven't been able to find any such restriction. I await hearing your interpretation of the law.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:31 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,260,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, States that are unlikely to be impacted by the subject of certain Federal legislation shouldn't have any say in that legislation because of it? Interesting stance.

Who is the arbiter of which State has a high enough probability of being impacted, in your fanciful plan?
Get real.. this judge is the shadow government guy, Obomb us went to school with and happened to visit Hawaii to get it done.... Obomb us the loser who has so much racial baggage he drags the entire country down. Obomb us is the biggest racist and bigot in the country.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:49 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,448,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What I am amazed about is anyone from Alabama dissing Hawaii. I mean who dreams of relocating to Alabama?
Someone from Mississippi?

Old 04-21-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get real.. this judge is the shadow government guy, Obomb us went to school with and happened to visit Hawaii to get it done.... Obomb us the loser who has so much racial baggage he drags the entire country down. Obomb us is the biggest racist and bigot in the country.
Obama is a loser? OK and what trump is a winner?? He's a fraud and his whole family are snakes, oh yeah and he's an incompetent jerk off who's a garbage leader which is why we were sending an armada to n. Korea and what happened again?

Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I have read the applicable law. If you haven't read it, look it up and do so. Then come back here and tell us where in the law it says that there is ANY restriction of the President's power to do what the law authorizes him to do, for ANY reason.
I haven't been able to find any such restriction. I await hearing your interpretation of the law.

Go take the time to read one of the decisions which ALSO reference applicable law. I have read both.

Or is it some fear that GASP the law referenced by you us not the basis of the rulings from multiple judges.

Until then you are arguing from intentional ignorance.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,241,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Hawaii is the last state and has demographics not representative of the USA. They are also not at risk for a terrorist attack. So yeah a judge from some outpost of the Empire shouldn't be deciding for the entire country.
guess what? Hawaii, is part of the 50 States that make up The United States.

Besides, you can't be conclusive in who is and who is not and what place is and what place is not at risk from Terrorist? Unless you are one among those whom decide where to attack you are just blowing smoke in the air. Federal Laws apply in Hawaii, just like they apply in any of the other states.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,998,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What I am amazed about is anyone from Alabama dissing Hawaii. I mean who dreams of relocating to Alabama?
Someone who can't afford to retire to Hawaii?

Seriously, the first thing that entered my so-called mind when I heard him was that this was a dog whistle to the alt-Right since they still believe Obama was not a U.S. citizen.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:11 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,905,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
AG Sessions says he's 'amazed that a judge sitting on an island in the Pacific' can block Trump's immigration order - CNNPolitics.com

The ignorance of this bumpkin White trash Attorney General is astonishing. Hawaii has been a state since 1959 and was a territory before that since 1898.

He simply stuck so far back in time that he doesn't even know that the US annexed Hawaii under the Newlands Resolution? I thought he was merely stuck in the 1950s ... it looks like he is actually stuck in the 1860s!
Sessions is far from being a dumb redneck. If it was not for so many Liberal Judges , the Judge was wrong, because the President has the right to restrict anyone who could be a threat to safety and security.
Europe is having problems with a open door immigration policy and to except "Routine Terrorism " is unacceptable.
Liberals are funny people. They have hoping for years to rewrite out constitution to mold a Liberal point of view. which in fact turns out to be more Gov. Control.

DOD /BP/ICE and lastly the President can put in extra measures to vet people. Not bar them from entry.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Sessions is far from being a dumb redneck. If it was not for so many Liberal Judges , the Judge was wrong, because the President has the right to restrict anyone who could be a threat to safety and security.
Europe is having problems with a open door immigration policy and to except "Routine Terrorism " is unacceptable.
Liberals are funny people. They have hoping for years to rewrite out constitution to mold a Liberal point of view. which in fact turns out to be more Gov. Control.

DOD /BP/ICE and lastly the President can put in extra measures to vet people. Not bar them from entry.
No the president is not a god he does not have the right to do it whatever he wants, good on the judge for blocking Donald duck. Maybe if he spent less time on vacation and more time working he might come up with a bill and have congress vote on it. Instead of just writing eo's and holding them up like he just passed his test

Old 04-21-2017, 02:38 PM

27,330 posts, read 15,463,820 times
Free Hawaii.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies