Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:02 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times

Advertisements

....total connectivity and artificial intelligence:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBA5DUC?m=en-us

How will this effect the political paradigm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
....total connectivity and artificial intelligence:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBA5DUC?m=en-us

How will this effect the political paradigm?
I doubt the timeline, I suspect its closer to 15 years out then 9, but its REALLY hard to judge when technology is changing exponentially.

And I have to say, stuff is getting wild. If you have a interest in this sort of thing, I recommend the overview that was done for Elon Musks Neural lace which was put out today. It starts simple, but really provides a good bit of information. Its very long, but it boils it down to simple concepts.

Neuralink and the Brain's Magical Future - Wait But Why

Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I doubt the timeline, I suspect its closer to 15 years out then 9, but its REALLY hard to judge when technology is changing exponentially.

And I have to say, stuff is getting wild. If you have a interest in this sort of thing, I recommend the overview that was done for Elon Musks Neural lace which was put out today. It starts simple, but really provides a good bit of information. Its very long, but it boils it down to simple concepts.

Damn you! I was literally just about to post that. I'm only on part 2.

Yes, the world is changing with great rapidity now, and there are so many "disruptive" (I hate to use that word) technologies that each could transform society, that it's nigh impossible to know what life in, say, 2037 will be like. There will be enormous upheavals to come.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:23 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
But back to the basic question, how will things like this affect the political side. Let me bottom line this. Whichever country gets there first can choose to rule the world. Followed shortly by the people of the world forcing us into a far more libertarian society no matter who wins. Basically I think it will make a lot of the political stuff irrelevant.

Sometimes I post on global warming posts....not because I care about the topic-the rapd expansion of technology has a high chance of making it irrelevant, but rather because I care about the intellectual honesty, and dishonesty of folks involved in the discussion.

One of my biggest concerns about trump is that he will be president when these insanely disruptive changes occur, and he will mismanage the transition.

Self driving cars alone will unemploy massive numbers. Electric vehicles (especially the new semi) will change oils involvement, and devastate the middle east.

And AI? REAL AI? Everything changes even more rapidly.

So....I expect things to get bad. Really bad. Then really really good.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
...forcing us into a far more libertarian society...
I don't think we're headed for more liberty.

In the future you will own nothing and have access to everything

Welcome To 2030: I Own Nothing, Have No Privacy And Life Has Never Been Better

Old 04-20-2017, 07:25 PM

18,501 posts, read 9,170,177 times
We're probably headed to a future where a tiny global elite owns and controls everything on the planet, and everyone else is dirt poor and/or enslaved by the elite.

I hope I'm dead before then.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:15 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:

Thank you! Very enlightening.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
We still won't know how to care for one another. That much I do know.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
I agree. I see more of a borg society happening at the end of it. Whether that will be a go or a bad thing....I don't know. But I would say, I think more people than not will be "assimilated" willingly.

Personally I'm willing to take the chance on being "upgraded."

Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We're probably headed to a future where a tiny global elite owns and controls everything on the planet, and everyone else is dirt poor and/or enslaved by the elite.

I hope I'm dead before then.
Aaaaaahhhh. The world is pretty much like that now. So par for the course then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies