Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 03:34 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Kadyrov is a headcase. He's Putin's boy and is going nowhere.
I would not say he is Putin's boy, if Putin could get rid of him, I imagine he would. Putin has to put up with him in order to keep the area settled down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Putin may be allowing this to proceed as a test-run, to consider the possibilities for doing it all over Russia. The general attitude in that country about those with alternate sexual-orientation, is about as unfavorable as can be. It's just the complete opposite of the trend in the U.S.
Nonsense, this is not a test run of anything, it is amazing how absent of knowledge you are regarding social issues in Russia. Gays are quite open in Russia and it has it fair share of gay bars and organizations, there is even a status of Freddy Mercury in St. Petersburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I do believe if Christian fundies could get away with it - they would be doing the same thing here.
I imagine many groups would be doing things if they could get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I started a thread about Nikki Haley's statement about the gay men in Chechnya. Most on here thought the US should mind our own business.
And we should. Why would the US get hyped up over this, while at the same time we fully support Saudi Arabia with their anti-gay laws? Does not even make sense. Additionally, anyone with even an ounce of knowledge regarding the Chechnya area would know the dynamics of any issue there, and it is never a simple issue of asking "please stop". If the US and West would have assisted Russia in putting down Chechens instead of covertly supporting them, this would not have been an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 05:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you folks point out exactly where anyone has blamed Christians for these actions or is it just time for yet another feigned Christian victimhood thread?
Read post #2 and get back to me.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM

393 posts, read 166,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Where is the Christian outrage???? Where is the Christian response??? Innocent people are being put into camps, tortured, starved, and murdered.

I've seen ZERO Christian response, much less anything from the current occupant.

Where is the muslim outrage???? Where is the muslim response???

Oh wait, they are the ones that are placing innocent people into camps, tortured, starved, and murdered.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:24 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
This is what happens when you let religion dictate politics. ****ing psychopaths. Them and Saudi Arabia

Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
So a Muslim announces he wants to kill all the gay people in his country, and the first 3 responses from liberals focus on Christians and don't even mention the religion that is actually trying to exterminate gays.

Simply amazing. Pavlov should have done his experiments with liberals from this forum. They are more predictable than his dogs.
sad but true.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I was about to say this.

I really think Christians are happy with what is happening over in Chechnya and they would do the same thing here if they could get away with it. Need proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTNymA9mRq4
That jerk represents all Christians about as much as Bin Laden represented all Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies